NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

“I am the Robin Hood bank robber. “Am I proud of what I did? “God damn right I am.”

+5
nicko
Syl
Raggamuffin
Original Quill
veya_victaous
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

“I am the Robin Hood bank robber.  “Am I proud of what I did?  “God damn right I am.” Empty “I am the Robin Hood bank robber. “Am I proud of what I did? “God damn right I am.”

Post by veya_victaous Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:32 am

A CONVICTED bank robber recently released from a US prison and deported to Australia has boasted about a heist he pulled off in which he “humiliated those who hate the poor”.
Author Corey Donaldson, from Macclesfield, Victoria — who describes himself as “the Robin Hood bank robber” — has returned home after serving a five-and-a-half-year prison sentence in the US.
In his first Australian interview since his July deportation, Donaldson, 45, told news.com.au he was “God damn proud of what (he) did” in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, on December 31, 2012.
As revellers all over the globe prepared to ring in the New Year, Donaldson disguised himself in sunglasses and a cap, then walked into a bank to carry out a “lone wolf style” heist in the ski resort town.
He feigned a South African accent during the holdup in which he told staff that Mexican drug gang cartel members had placed bombs in the snow outside and would blow up the bank and then hunt down and kill the manager if $US2 million was not handed over.
“I am the Robin Hood bank robber.  “Am I proud of what I did?  “God damn right I am.” 300fc979de2c9ceb026e49ceaaee62ac?width=650

The manager — who later needed psychiatric treatment — emptied out the bank’s safe and teller drawers and Donaldson walked away with $US140,000 cash. According to Donaldson, the heist lasted an extraordinary 90 minutes.
“I was in full view of all the moneychangers, without a single alarm being triggered,” Donaldson said.
“Staff did not know what happened until I was gone.

“I secured $140,750 without touching any of it, got away slower than grandma, and stayed away, donating the cash to the needy across three states.”
He spent the next 22 days on the run until his arrest in Clinton, Utah on January 22, 2013.
According to Donaldson, he didn’t rob the bank out of greed, or to fund a lavish lifestyle. He claimed the heist “was about confiscating corrupt system cash and giving that cash to the poor”.
“I gave it all away, and then some,” he told news.com.au.
“I approached homeless people on the street and asked them how much money they needed to change their lives. I gave them what they asked for, and more.
“I also gave to organisations like the Salvo’s and Volunteers of America.
“The typical response I received were hugs, shock, tears and gratitude. People were peeled off ice-laden streets into warm beds because of what I did.”

MORE at https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/australian-criminal-returns-from-us-i-am-the-robin-hood-bank-robber/news-story/f081db9fc71b165a92d1ce1fcb4a14ff
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

“I am the Robin Hood bank robber.  “Am I proud of what I did?  “God damn right I am.” Empty Re: “I am the Robin Hood bank robber. “Am I proud of what I did? “God damn right I am.”

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:03 am

Um...not to diminish his generosity and admirable sense of charity, but an American wouldn't know a South African accent from an Australian accent, anytime, anywhere.  Waste of time.  To an American, they both sound vaguely British, with crisper consonants and deeper vowel sounds. Laughing

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

“I am the Robin Hood bank robber.  “Am I proud of what I did?  “God damn right I am.” Empty Re: “I am the Robin Hood bank robber. “Am I proud of what I did? “God damn right I am.”

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:28 am

What a ridiculous man - no shame for what he put the staff through.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:39 am

Raggamuffin wrote:What a ridiculous man - no shame for what he put the staff through.

“Staff did not know what happened until I was gone." Smile

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:43 am

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:What a ridiculous man - no shame for what he put the staff through.

“Staff did not know what happened until I was gone."  Smile

The manager — who later needed psychiatric treatment — emptied out the bank’s safe and teller drawers and Donaldson walked away with $US140,000 cash. According to Donaldson, the heist lasted an extraordinary 90 minutes.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:46 am

Original Quill wrote:Um...not to diminish his generosity and admirable sense of charity, but an American wouldn't know a South African accent from an Australian accent, anytime, anywhere.  Waste of time.  To an American, they both sound vaguely British, with crisper consonants and deeper vowel sounds.  Laughing

that's probably true Razz Razz Razz Razz
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:25 pm

He is a self congratulating idiot.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:27 pm

He's still a thief !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

“Staff did not know what happened until I was gone."  Smile

The manager needed "psychiatric" treatment, not psychological counseling.  Huge difference.  A psychologist treats the effects of trauma on the normal mind.  A psychiatrist treats abnormalities, or mental illness.

The fact that the manager sought psychiatric treatment means he probably had a preexisting mental condition...at most, a latent mental illness might have been triggered by the event, or not.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:50 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

The manager needed "psychiatric" treatment, not psychological counseling.  Huge difference.  A psychologist treats the effects of trauma on the normal mind.  A psychiatrist treats abnormalities, or mental illness.

The fact that the manager sought psychiatric treatment means he probably had a preexisting mental condition...at most, a latent mental illness might have been triggered by the event, or not.

You don't think that being told there were bombs outside and that you'll be killed if you don't hand over the dosh might give someone mental issues?

He feigned a South African accent during the holdup in which he told staff that Mexican drug gang cartel members had placed bombs in the snow outside and would blow up the bank and then hunt down and kill the manager if $US2 million was not handed over.

It's amazing the kind of person you admire really - you always seem to side with criminals rather than their victims.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:28 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:You don't think that being told there were bombs outside and that you'll be killed if you don't hand over the dosh might give someone mental issues?

Emotional issues, yes, but not mental illness.  A mental illness is an abnormality, often due to chemical or physical irregularities...or long-term environmental factors.  If he had acquired emotional issues, he would have consulted with a psychologist.

Raggamuffin wrote:It's amazing the kind of person you admire really - you always seem to side with criminals rather than their victims.

Where did I say I admired him?  The story more-or-less lauds him for being a kind of "Robin Hood".  Just because I go along with that premise doesn't mean that, were I writing the story, I would have made him out to be a hero.

Keep in mind, my comment had to do with American understanding of accents, not judgments about the subject's behavior.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:54 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:You don't think that being told there were bombs outside and that you'll be killed if you don't hand over the dosh might give someone mental issues?

Emotional issues, yes, but not mental illness.  A mental illness is an abnormality, often due to chemical or physical irregularities...or long-term environmental factors.  If he had acquired emotional issues, he would have consulted with a psychologist.

Raggamuffin wrote:It's amazing the kind of person you admire really - you always seem to side with criminals rather than their victims.

Where did I say I admired him?  The story more-or-less lauds him for being a kind of "Robin Hood".  Just because I go along with that premise doesn't mean that, were I writing the story, I would have made him out to be a hero.

Keep in mind, my comment had to do with American understanding of accents, not judgments about the subject's behavior.

A psychiatrist deals with issues like PTSD and anxiety, so clearly there wasn't necessarily a mental illness prior to the incident.

You are admiring the guy - the way you're downplaying how it affected the staff tells me that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

A psychiatrist deals with issues like PTSD and anxiety, so clearly there wasn't necessarily a mental illness prior to the incident.

I said, a strong enough environmental disruption might contribute to mental illness.  I doubt a bank robbery would trigger anything like that.  I have dealt with PTSD and experts in trials, and to trigger a mental illness would take much more.  More likely, this manager guy had prior problems.

Raggamuffin wrote:You are admiring the guy - the way you're downplaying how it affected the staff tells me that.

Or the facts might play into it...heaven forbid!  The article said the 'staff' didn't even know the robbery was taking place.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:20 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I said, a strong enough environmental disruption might contribute to mental illness.  I doubt a bank robbery would trigger anything like that.  I have dealt with PTSD and experts in trials, and to trigger a mental illness would take much more.  More likely, this guy had prior problems.

Raggamuffin wrote:You are admiring the guy - the way you're downplaying how it affected the staff tells me that.

Or the facts might play into it...heaven forbid!  The article said the 'staff' didn't even know the robbery was taking place.

No, he claimed the staff didn't know. Clearly, the manager knew. Stop being a dick Quill - insisting that the manager must have had a prior mental illness just makes you sound like you're blaming him for minding being threatened by a thief.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I said, a strong enough environmental disruption might contribute to mental illness.  I doubt a bank robbery would trigger anything like that.  I have dealt with PTSD and experts in trials, and to trigger a mental illness would take much more.  More likely, this guy had prior problems.

No, he claimed the staff didn't know. Clearly, the manager knew. Stop being a dick Quill - insisting that the manager must have had a prior mental illness just makes you sound like you're blaming him for minding being threatened by a thief.

No, you stop being a cunt, Raggs. Yes, the manager knew. But you said my attitude was indicated by my approach to the staff. I offered no disparagement of the staff...they were not even in the picture.

As far as the manager's mental condition, you brought it up. My position is, judging by the kind of treatment he was receiving, it appears it had nothing to do with the incident.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:37 pm

Quill is certainly making the most of the lapsed word filter.  Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:57 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No, you stop being a cunt, Raggs.  Yes, the manager knew.  But you said my attitude was indicated by my approach to the staff.  I offered no disparagement of the staff...they were not even in the picture.

As far as the manager's mental condition, you brought it up.  My position is, judging by the kind of treatment he was receiving, it appears it had nothing to do with the incident.

You have no idea what treatment he was receiving. You just made assumptions based on the fact he was seeing a psychiatrist. You are doing everything you can to excuse this low life who stole other people's money and threatened bank staff.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:03 pm

Syl wrote:Quill is certainly making the most of the lapsed word filter.  Razz

I'm delighted that they removed 'cunt' from the filtration mechanism. First, it's a wonderfully expressive British-use word. Second, I never liked the southern Baptist influence, anyway. It was just a bunch of 'stick-up-er-ass' types who imposed the censorship in the first place.

Besides, 'cunt' is a legitimate French word. It derives from the Latin, cunus...the legitimate word for vulva, or whatever those wee pink bits are called. We should be respectful of the classics.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:12 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

No, you stop being a cunt, Raggs.  Yes, the manager knew.  But you said my attitude was indicated by my approach to the staff.  I offered no disparagement of the staff...they were not even in the picture.

As far as the manager's mental condition, you brought it up.  My position is, judging by the kind of treatment he was receiving, it appears it had nothing to do with the incident.

You have no idea what treatment he was receiving. You just made assumptions based on the fact he was seeing a psychiatrist. You are doing everything you can to excuse this low life who stole other people's money and threatened bank staff.

Yes, but there is a strong clue as to what treatment he was receiving. He was being treated by a specialist in abnormalities--a psychiatrist. That suggests something a bit deeper than trauma counseling. You don't consult a cardiologist for an in-grown toenail.

Me...excusing low lifes? The article called him a "Robin Hood"--argue with the writers and publishers. I'm just having fun chatting away with all my friends.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:13 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Quill is certainly making the most of the lapsed word filter.  Razz

I'm delighted that they removed 'cunt' from the filtration mechanism.  First, it's a wonderfully expressive British-use word.  Second, I never liked the southern Baptist influence, anyway.  It was just a bunch of 'stick-up-er-ass' types who imposed the censorship in the first place.

Besides, 'cunt' is a legitimate French word.  It derives from the Latin, cunus...the legitimate word for vulva, or whatever those wee pink bits are called.  We should be respectful of the classics.
Well thanks Quill, that was very educational.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:55 pm

Yer'welcome. Much fun this is...but gotta go.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:14 pm

Syl wrote:He is a self congratulating idiot.

Yeah....but....he is a little different at least. I like that.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:50 am

nicko wrote:He's still a thief !

But he has served his time

Unlike the thieving banks     Cool
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:58 am

veya_victaous wrote:

Warped philosophy
This man effected families by stealing, no matter how he then gave his money to others. As many people place their money within banks. It has a knock on effect. As well as to the people effected by the heist.

You dont steal from others to help the poor, as you defeat the very object you set out to do, in helping them.

If stealing is thus cast as righteous, then you fall foul to the very same thing you claim the bankers are guilty of.

Stealing

You thus negate the very thing you claim to stand against and become one of them

Hence, it serves no purpose

What you actually do is rather embarress banks, by their greed and how they do little to help those in need.

By stealing, you just play the same irrational wrong done to people, as someone will always suffer. 

Thus, when people end up suffering, then it can never be good what is done

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:14 am

I love how you can make up all that rubbish from 10 words Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

P.S. Disney Disagrees  Wink
“I am the Robin Hood bank robber.  “Am I proud of what I did?  “God damn right I am.” Disney_robin_hood_3
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:17 am

Is that why Disney is make belief?

And how you could not counter my points mate?

Also the fact that "Robin Hood" is an actual myth?

Even if it was real, people will always end up suffering, based on his exploits

So, I am not sure how you think you can make a right, by making others suffer.

Maybe you can explain why, when this is the very thing, you think is wrong. That it is wrong that people suffer?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:38 am

Because I don't believe counter to your points you just said i did ... a.k.a strawman

I never said he was right or good

just he has served his time, therefore under the law paid for the suffering he caused in lost freedom

Banks (keeping in mind a royal commission has just revealed massive coordinated illegal activities by the banks in Australia equating to Billions of Dollars in stolen and defrauded funds from customers) tend to get away with without paying for the suffering they caused under the law, even when the laws say they should.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:44 am

veya_victaous wrote:Because I don't believe counter to your points you just said i did ... a.k.a strawman

just he has served his time, therefore under the law paid for the suffering he caused in lost freedom

Banks (keeping in mind a royal commission has just revealed massive coordinated illegal activities by the banks in Australia equating to Billions of Dollars in stolen and defrauded funds from customers) tend to get away with without paying for the suffering they caused under the law, even when the laws say they should.

Explain the claim to strawman?

Because we both know that is a complete copout and misdirection by you

I never said he should be discriminated against because he committed a crime

He paid his due and happy to accept that, never claimed otherwise

Not my argument and hence you are moving the goal posts

And again we know Banks do many things wrong

Hence, doing more wrongs, does not make a right, when you do as they do

Steal

You just continue the cycle of wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:47 am

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:Because I don't believe counter to your points you just said i did ... a.k.a strawman

Steal

WTF????

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:50 am

Original Quill wrote:
Didge wrote:

Steal

WTF????

Its not hard to grasp

What do you disagree on?

That crime is okay and that people suffer?

You the person that is so dead set against people suffering?

I am going to enjoy this..... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:52 am

Didge wrote:That crime is okay and that people suffer?

Are you still talking about Kavanaugh?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:53 am

Didge wrote:I am going to enjoy this.....

Do it in private, please. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:53 am

No one has said the crime is Ok  Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
No one has suggest it was wrong that he went to prison and was then deported for it

DO you not even realize when you are strawmanning people anymore ? confused
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:57 am

veya_victaous wrote:No one has said the crime is Ok  Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect
No one has suggest it was wrong that he went to prison and was then deported for it

DO you not even realize when you are strawmanning people anymore ? confused

So you condemn him for the crimes he commited then?

Sorry, but please speare the forum on your poor claims on strawmanning

You have not got the first clue what that even is

I never once said he should pay for his crimes now he is out

What I rightly said, is what he did was wrong and that by extension, people did suffer, due to his crimes

All you did, was poorly misdirect.

Not have a clue what straman is

Worst of all, end up being in agreement with me and not even know it.   Laughing

Priceless

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:19 am

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Warped philosophy
This man effected families by stealing, no matter how he then gave his money to others. As many people place their money within banks. It has a knock on effect. As well as to the people effected by the heist. Wow what does that to do with any of the ten words above if anything those 10 words communicate agreement with Nickos point that he is a Thief

You dont steal from others to help the poor, as you defeat the very object you set out to do, in helping them. nothing in those ten words references poor or helping or an objective

If stealing is thus cast as righteous, then you fall foul to the very same thing you claim the bankers are guilty of. Wow what does that to do with any of the ten words above if anything those 10 words communicate agreement with Nickos point that he is a Thief

Stealing

You thus negate the very thing you claim to stand against and become one of them

Hence, it serves no purpose

What you actually do is rather embarress banks, by their greed and how they do little to help those in need.

By stealing, you just play the same irrational wrong done to people, as someone will always suffer. 

Thus, when people end up suffering, then it can never be good what is done
 yeah all of the above is another repeat of
"Wow what does that to do with any of the ten words above if anything those 10 words communicate agreement with Nickos point that he is a Thief"

Let look at your original post
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:26 am

I never said I disagreed Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect 
That's the point, that's why it a Strawman
You just Said I disagreed when I never expressed an opinion on the morality or purpose of his actions

I would take the claims with a grain of salt, he got a lot less than he wanted. who knows what the original plan was
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:28 am

veya_victaous wrote:Wow what does that to do with any of the ten words above if anything those 10 words communicate agreement with Nickos point that he is a Thief

nothing in those ten words references poor or helping or an objective

Wow what does that to do with any of the ten words above if anything those 10 words communicate agreement with Nickos point that he is a Thief

"Wow what does that to do with any of the ten words above if anything those 10 words communicate agreement with Nickos point that he is a Thief"

1) He is a theif, that is a fact

2) False argument. As you seem to be suggesting that the poor is the subject of this. As how is robbing rich people and then making them poor. Anyway a good thing?

You just repeat the same cycle of greed

3) You just repeated yourself

4) Can you not construct an actual rational answer?

5) If you think robbing the rich to help the poor. Then you do realise that you are advocating the plunder of India, by the British?

As that is the reality of the situation. India, under their rich rulers, were conquered and this plunder was then used to kick start the inductrial revolution? Which then helped the poor in Britain become better off. Not that much better, but by your standards. The British conquest of India, being as they took the wealth off the rich rulers in India. Must have been a 18-19th century Robin Hood?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:33 am

Didge wrote:Is that why Disney is make belief?

Maybe you can explain why, when this is the very thing, you think is wrong. That it is wrong that people suffer?

Also THIS I don't think this at all!

There is always suffering, suffering is life. it's not wrong, it just is, we can and should try to minimize the amount we cause, but now we are getting into Zen Philosophies which are rather off topic Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:34 am

veya_victaous wrote:

I never said I disagreed Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect Suspect 
That's the point, that's why it a Strawman
You just Said I disagreed when I never expressed an opinion on the morality or purpose of his actions

I would take the claims with a grain of salt, he got a lot less than he wanted. who knows what the original plan was

Which proves you have no idea what a strawman is

After i easily rubbished your argument

You alluded to a clip fo a disney film of Robin hood

That spells out everything, on what you thought of him.

Even more how you then proceeded to argue off this, until I made you look as intelligent as a nat

The simple fact is Veya, you may know some science, but you really have no abilities to debate just about anything and even as seen. Forget what you did say and post

Its hilarious

So if you do not disagree with me, you then agree with me, this person was nothing speacial and in fact made people suffer. As I already stated?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:36 am

veya_victaous wrote:

There is always suffering, suffering is life. it's not wrong, it just is, we can and should try to minimize the amount we cause, but now we are getting into Zen Philosophies which are rather off topic Wink

So you have said suffereing is life

So then, if its life, then you have no issue with bankers then?

Thank you

You just defeated your own argument

I mean you said suffering is a part of life

You have no idea of philosophy and i will wrap you around in courners all day long mate... Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:37 am

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:Wow what does that to do with any of the ten words above if anything those 10 words communicate agreement with Nickos point that he is a Thief

nothing in those ten words references poor or helping or an objective

Wow what does that to do with any of the ten words above if anything those 10 words communicate agreement with Nickos point that he is a Thief

2) False argument. As you seem to be suggesting that the poor is the subject of this. As how is robbing rich people and then making them poor. Anyway a good thing?

5) If you think robbing the rich to help the poor. Then you do realise that you are advocating the plunder of India, by the British?

As that is the reality of the situation. India, under their rich rulers, were conquered and this plunder was then used to kick start the inductrial revolution? Which then helped the poor in Britain become better off. Not that much better, but by your standards. The British conquest of India, being as they took the wealth off the rich rulers in India. Must have been a 18-19th century Robin Hood?

You are insane Rolling Eyes 

And surely the fairer thing would be for the wealth of india to be spread among the people that live in india Suspect 
The British poor should have over thrown their own Royals
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:42 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

You are insane Rolling Eyes 

And surely the fairer thing would be for the wealth of india to be spread among the people that live in india Suspect 
The British poor should have over thrown their own Royals

Well the rulers of India did not spread it out did they?

However, the British did in fact build infrustructure to India

As much as there is wrong about the British Empire. What you fail to grasp, is that many Indian people look back at British rule as a good thing and hardly any Indians bare any grudges today against British rule

Mainly I guess, as it is slightly better than the rule they suffered under their local rulers, but with one difference.

They modernized India the British and the Indian and Muslim rulers did not

The British poor over throw the Royals

Fuck me, what history have you been taught?

Last edited by Didge on Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:42 am

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Thank you

You have no idea of philosophy and i will wrap you around in courners all day long mate... Laughing

Death and taxes “I am the Robin Hood bank robber.  “Am I proud of what I did?  “God damn right I am.” 3893789544
Under the corrupt Corpocracy bank fees may as well be taxes Wink

But Still if they break the law (and they have) they should pay the penalty for their crimes, Like the self claimed robin hood in the OP 

Which I think you are now arguing against confused

Since my Simple point expressed in 10 words was that the Banks Should 'serve their time' or whatever penalty is appropriate.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:45 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

Thank you

Death and taxes “I am the Robin Hood bank robber.  “Am I proud of what I did?  “God damn right I am.” 3893789544
Under the corrupt Corpocracy bank fees may as well be taxes Wink

But Still if they break the law (and they have) they should pay the penalty for their crimes, Like the self claimed robin hood in the OP 

Which I think you are now arguing against confused

Since my Simple point expressed in 10 words was that the Banks Should 'serve their time' or whatever penalty is appropriate.

Bullshit mate. 

As why portray him as a good character like the disney film Robin Hood?

You really are thus either originally lying or now backtracking????

Laughing

I told you I can easily tie you up in knots

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:31 am

I didn't, HE is! in the interview HE calls himself Robin Hood
I said I'd take his retelling with a grain of salt, it is a convenient excuse 

But If you want to debate the Morality of the Robin Hood Paradigm take it up with Disney (and English folklore before that) “I am the Robin Hood bank robber.  “Am I proud of what I did?  “God damn right I am.” 202592697
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:29 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Because I don't believe counter to your points you just said i did ... a.k.a strawman

“I am the Robin Hood bank robber.  “Am I proud of what I did?  “God damn right I am.” 3489511464

Poor ol' Dodger must be feeling somewhat lonely and neglected, as the weekend looms...

Over the last day or so, he been falling back onto one of his favourite tricks on here -- creating arguments with you, and Quill, across multiple threads, where no actual arguments had existed..

"Argument for argument's sake"..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:10 am

veya_victaous wrote:I love how you can make up all that rubbish from 10 words Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

P.S. Disney Disagrees  Wink
“I am the Robin Hood bank robber.  “Am I proud of what I did?  “God damn right I am.” Disney_robin_hood_3

lol!

Showing that Veya lies so badly its hilarious

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:12 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

“I am the Robin Hood bank robber.  “Am I proud of what I did?  “God damn right I am.” 3489511464

Poor ol' Dodger must be feeling somewhat lonely and neglected, as the weekend looms...

Over the last day or so, he been falling back onto one of his favourite tricks on here --  creating arguments with you, and Quill, across multiple threads, where no actual arguments had existed..

Poor ol' Wolfie must be feeling somewhat lonely and neglected, as the weekend looms...

Over the last day or so, he been falling back onto one of his favourite tricks on here --  creating arguments with everyone and just simple making up shit about anyone, when shown to be a spineless dick, across multiple threads, where no actual arguments had existed..

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Strikes me the thief is STILL trying to justify his crime,despite having been processed for it and garner sympathy.......poor little me syndrome.
Whilst an attractive idea, the robin hood approach is not tenable or desireable..... it appeals mainly to the jealous lefty instinct to rob anyone who has anything they dont and reduce all (except of course themselves) to the lowest common denominator.....

IF you have any sympathy for this criminal then presumably you would support the guy who steals a yacht from its berth and sells it .
And
If you support THAT then presumably you are ok with stealing your neighbours car because it is a better modle than yours or a year or two newer....
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:15 pm

Lord Foul wrote:Strikes me the thief is STILL trying to justify his crime,despite having been processed for it and garner sympathy.......poor little me syndrome.
Whilst an attractive idea, the robin hood approach is not tenable or desireable..... it appeals mainly to the jealous lefty instinct to rob anyone who has anything they dont and reduce all (except of course themselves) to the lowest common denominator.....

IF you have any sympathy for this criminal then presumably you would support the guy who steals a yacht from its berth and sells it .
And
If you support THAT then presumably you are ok with stealing your neighbours car because it is a better modle than yours or a year or two newer....

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next