NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iranian couple marched daughter, 18, to doctor for 'virginity check' after discovering she had secret boyfriend then father threatened to kill them both, court hears

Go down

Iranian couple marched daughter, 18, to doctor for 'virginity check' after discovering she had secret boyfriend then father threatened to kill them both, court hears Empty Iranian couple marched daughter, 18, to doctor for 'virginity check' after discovering she had secret boyfriend then father threatened to kill them both, court hears

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:57 pm

A couple marched their 18-year-old daughter to the doctor for a 'virginity check' and warned her secret boyfriend they were 'dangerous' because they were Muslim, a court heard. Iranian parents Mitra Eidiani, 42, and Ali Safaraei, 56, who live in south London, are also alleged to have threatened to kill their daughter Sophia Safaraei and her boyfriend, with Ms Eidiani saying: 'You have seen what our people do on the news.'

In a statement read to Kingston Crown Court today, Doctor Helen Lewis said that Ms Mitra had responded to her refusal to carry out the check by telling her she did not understand her and Mr Safaraei's culture.

'Sophia said she didn't want to be examined by anyone,' the statement read.

'I explained to Sophia I could not even touch her without her permission and I would not examine her unless she consented to this.

'Mitra voiced unhappiness with this. She said I didn't understand her culture and then called Sophia's father, Ali Sarafaei, who was waiting outside.

'She told me he was strict, not liberal like her, and would insist on me performing a virginity test.'

Doctor Lewis said the Ms Eidiani then drew unfavourable comparisons between her family's culture and 'your' culture (referring to the UK) as Mr Safaraei threatened to go to the police while Sophia appeared tearful.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6180639/Couple-marched-daughter-doctor-virginity-check-discovering-secret-boyfriend.html

Back to top Go down