NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trying to name all 50 U.S. states - harder than you'd think

+2
eddie
Ben Reilly
6 posters

Go down

Trying to name all 50 U.S. states - harder than you'd think Empty Trying to name all 50 U.S. states - harder than you'd think

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:03 pm

... for an American.

Nobody try naming all 50, just start throwing state names out there and me and edds will see if it's on our list yet.

Go, go, go!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Trying to name all 50 U.S. states - harder than you'd think Empty Re: Trying to name all 50 U.S. states - harder than you'd think

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:08 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:... for an American.

Nobody try naming all 50, just start throwing state names out there and me and edds will see if it's on our list yet.

Go, go, go!

I should get a view, being as i am reading the book Lincoln

Virginia
Maine
Kentucky
Florida
Texas
California
Ohio
South Carolina
North Carolina
Illinois
New York??? Unsure 
California
Alaska
New mexico

And now i am stuck

Back to top Go down

Trying to name all 50 U.S. states - harder than you'd think Empty Re: Trying to name all 50 U.S. states - harder than you'd think

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:11 pm

Didge wrote:
*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:... for an American.

Go, go, go!

Virginia
Maine
Kentucky
Florida
Texas
California
Ohio
South Carolina
North Carolina
Illinois
New York??? Unsure 
California
Alaska
New mexico

And now i am stuck

Got all of those. And New York's the name of a city and a state.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:12 pm

Hurry up..or he’s gonna google cheat and then he’ll moan all bloody night.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:15 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
Didge wrote:

Virginia
Maine
Kentucky
Florida
Texas
California
Ohio
South Carolina
North Carolina
Illinois
New York??? Unsure 
California
Alaska
New mexico

And now i am stuck

I know a few more i am sure of it and will feel silly when they are all posted. 

Anywa, I am going to get back to my book Lincoln, might remember some more then...  Laughing

I notice I did california twice doh

Hope others surprise you on this. 

Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:18 pm

Okay, we got them. Thanks!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:19 pm

Okaaaay....so it isn’t a wasted thread and hasn’t been a waste of (my) everyone’s time...what’s your favourite state and why?
Which state would you like to visit?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:13 pm

eddie wrote:Okaaaay....so it isn’t a wasted thread and hasn’t been a waste of (my) everyone’s time...what’s your favourite state and why?

Other than Texas for me, obviously. I really enjoyed my two trips to New York state. Once I went to NYC, and that was really cool; another time I stayed in a really small town upstate, and it was beautiful.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:34 pm

Didge wrote:
*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:
Didge wrote:

Virginia
Maine
Kentucky
Florida
Texas
California
Ohio
South Carolina
North Carolina
Illinois
New York??? Unsure 
California
Alaska
New mexico

And now i am stuck

I know a few more i am sure of it and will feel silly when they are all posted. 

Anywa, I am going to get back to my book Lincoln, might remember some more then...  Laughing

I notice I did california twice doh

Hope others surprise you on this. 

Night

Ah Lincoln. The capital of Nebraska. One of the ones we didn’t have. Suspect
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:00 am

eddie wrote:Okaaaay....so it isn’t a wasted thread and hasn’t been a waste of (my) everyone’s time...what’s your favourite state and why?

Hawaii....it always looks so beautiful in those old Elvis films.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:27 am

I can't think of any more, but when I see my Wife Alaska !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:06 am

It's easy.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:17 am

eddie wrote:
Okaaaay....so it isn’t a wasted thread and hasn’t been a waste of (my) everyone’s time...what’s your favourite state and why?

Cool

I can actually plan a round-trip from here, to visit a few states that I would like to check out...

Stop off in Hawaii enroute (it's either there or NZ, depending on the flight);
Land in Seattle ==  Washington State --  check out their mountains, forests;
Travel down through Oregon --  ditto mountains and forests, plus a river;
Stop in California --  camp out in Quill's backyard, travel out and check out agricultural things like their beekeeping, vineyards, farms --  and beaches;
Have a look at Texas, to see what all the fuss is about --  throw stones at Ben's window if he's home;
Fly across to Maryland and Delaware --  because I have friends living in those two states;
Maybe visit neighbouring places like New York, *Carolina(s) and Virginia --  if I had the time..

I've been (loosely) developing these ideas for a trip to the US since I made some friends from Ocean City, MD way, way back in the 1980s..       Trying to name all 50 U.S. states - harder than you'd think 3724572420
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:55 am

We got stuck at 47, had to look up the 3 we'd forgotten: Iowa, Indiana and Nebraska. Caucus, college hoops and corn.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:27 pm

*THE Ben Reilly* wrote:We got stuck at 47, had to look up the 3 we'd forgotten: Iowa, Indiana and Nebraska. Caucus, college hoops and corn.

The trick is to visit all of the states. I had been in all but one, and that was Kansas. Then one day I had to take a deposition in Wichita.

Still, I flew into Oklahoma City, stayed there in a hotel and drove into and outta Kansas the same day. So it wasn't much of a visit.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:31 pm

I’d like to visit Maine. A lot of Stephen King’s books were based there.

To be totally honest, I’d travel anywhere new, it’s a big dream of mine.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:41 am

eddie wrote:I’d like to visit Maine. A lot of Stephen King’s books were based there.

To be totally honest, I’d travel anywhere new, it’s a big dream of mine.

Maine is a very kool state. I frequently visited Bar Harbor Island when I was teaching at Rutgers University. The best lobsters in the world...well, except for the African Black Lobster, that you only get in Lisbon, the best seafood city in the world. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:26 am

Okay, can anyone name all the counties in the UK??

Without looking this up on google

I would think this would be a lot harder for our American and Australian friends.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down