NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KFC good deed leads to McDonald’s love affair

+3
Original Quill
Eilzel
veya_victaous
7 posters

Go down

KFC good deed leads to McDonald’s love affair Empty KFC good deed leads to McDonald’s love affair

Post by veya_victaous Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:11 am

AND they say romance is dead.
Two Wellington residents have found love after a woman’s kind act for a man in a KFC queue landed the pair a “romantic” date.
It was a Saturday night when one Wellington man set out to treat himself to a delicious KFC dinner. But when he got to the counter, his card was declined, the New Zealand Herald reports.
Unable to scrape up the cash, the man claims he was helped by a woman in the queue who stepped forward and paid for his meal.
He took to Facebook to thank the woman for her kind act and offered to return the favour if he could somehow track her down.
“To the beautiful girl who paid for my KFC tonight when my card declined, thank you so much,” he wrote on Vic Deals.
“I didn’t get your name but if it was you please message me. I get paid next week and would love to take you out x.”

His message reached far and wide, and less than 24 hours later a woman who claimed to be the person in the KFC line responded to his plea.
“OMG, that was me! Let’s get Maccas for brunch tomorrow morning,” she responded, sending Vic Deals into meltdown.

Hundreds commented on the pair’s “new-found love” with many saying the chance interaction is a “better love story than Twilight”.

More at source 
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/true-stories/kfc-good-deed-leads-to-mcdonalds-love-affair/news-story/116ed652a0f5bd5ba9614d42b41161e9 
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

KFC good deed leads to McDonald’s love affair Empty Re: KFC good deed leads to McDonald’s love affair

Post by Eilzel Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:46 am

veya_victaous wrote:
AND they say romance is dead.
Two Wellington residents have found love after a woman’s kind act for a man in a KFC queue landed the pair a “romantic” date.
It was a Saturday night when one Wellington man set out to treat himself to a delicious KFC dinner. But when he got to the counter, his card was declined, the New Zealand Herald reports.
Unable to scrape up the cash, the man claims he was helped by a woman in the queue who stepped forward and paid for his meal.
He took to Facebook to thank the woman for her kind act and offered to return the favour if he could somehow track her down.
“To the beautiful girl who paid for my KFC tonight when my card declined, thank you so much,” he wrote on Vic Deals.
“I didn’t get your name but if it was you please message me. I get paid next week and would love to take you out x.”

His message reached far and wide, and less than 24 hours later a woman who claimed to be the person in the KFC line responded to his plea.
“OMG, that was me! Let’s get Maccas for brunch tomorrow morning,” she responded, sending Vic Deals into meltdown.

Hundreds commented on the pair’s “new-found love” with many saying the chance interaction is a “better love story than Twilight”.

More at source 
https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/true-stories/kfc-good-deed-leads-to-mcdonalds-love-affair/news-story/116ed652a0f5bd5ba9614d42b41161e9 

OH my f-ing god, that is adorable I love you

Who says there isn't an upside to eating fast food lol!

Only one issue I have here: it really isn't hard to have a better love story that 'Twilight' geek
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

KFC good deed leads to McDonald’s love affair Empty Re: KFC good deed leads to McDonald’s love affair

Post by Original Quill Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:43 pm

Hmmm...not to put a wet blanket over the festivities...

But I would be a bit worried, if I were the woman, that she is hooking up with someone who is somewhat fiscally irresponsible.  Credit is a profitable commodity, and is declined only when terms are not met.  He was probably cute, and just caught her eye. I would get a credit report on the young man before accepting a second date.

She may end up paying for more than an extra-crispy box lunch.  But I'm a lawyer, and my instincts lean in that direction.  Smile

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:45 am

Original Quill wrote:Hmmm...not to put a wet blanket over the festivities...

But I would be a bit worried, if I were the woman, that she is hooking up with someone who is somewhat fiscally irresponsible.  Credit is a profitable commodity, and is declined only when terms are not met.  He was probably cute, and just caught her eye.  I would get a credit report on the young man before accepting a second date.

She may end up paying for more than an extra-crispy box lunch.  But I'm a lawyer, and my instincts lean in that direction.  Smile

Wow, Quill. I can imagine how Cinderella might've ended had you written it Laughing
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:54 am

A modern romance story....it's lovely. I love you
Just shows with an open heart, and a willingness to help someone out.....love can be found anywhere.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:26 pm

Original Quill wrote:Hmmm...not to put a wet blanket over the festivities...

But I would be a bit worried, if I were the woman, that she is hooking up with someone who is somewhat fiscally irresponsible.  Credit is a profitable commodity, and is declined only when terms are not met.  He was probably cute, and just caught her eye.  I would get a credit report on the young man before accepting a second date.

You bloody romantic! Razz
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:27 pm

Syl wrote:A modern romance story....it's lovely. I love you
Just shows with an open heart, and a willingness to help someone out.....love can be found anywhere.

I agree...but I’m such a romantic like that.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:39 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:A modern romance story....it's lovely. I love you

I agree...but I’m such a romantic like that.  

Im not very romantic at all, my OH is far more than me....but I love to hear people being kind to others, especially strangers.....so I do love stories like this.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:48 pm

I cried buckets at Love Story !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:53 pm

Love means never having to say you're sorry?

Yeah right. lol.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:13 pm

Ali MacGraw was xlnt in that film.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:17 pm

They should eat something healthier. Razz Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:17 pm

nicko wrote:I cried buckets at Love Story !

I didn't really like that film, but I might give it another go one day.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:39 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
nicko wrote:I cried buckets at Love Story !

I didn't really like that film, but I might give it another go one day.

Erich Segal didn't exactly write earth moving books.  I mean, Oliver's Story?   Mad   C'mon!  Nor was Ryan O'neal a good actor...ever, in anything.   Evil or Very Mad

The only thing I liked about it was Ali MacGraw.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:41 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:They should eat something healthier. Razz Razz

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down