NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Was Wrong To Deny Transgender Woman A Pension At 60, EU Court Rules

+3
Syl
veya_victaous
Tommy Monk
7 posters

Go down

UK Was Wrong To Deny Transgender Woman A Pension At 60, EU Court Rules Empty UK Was Wrong To Deny Transgender Woman A Pension At 60, EU Court Rules

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:28 pm

So Many Cans Of Worms - UK Was Wrong To Deny Transgender Woman A Pension At 60, EU Court Rules
Post by Didge Today at 12:19 pm

A transgender woman who was unable to access her pension aged 60 has won her court battle after the European Union’s top court found she had been discriminated against.

She had been told by the UK’s courts that she could not be treated as a woman for state pension purposes, and would only become eligible when she turned 65, the age men are legally allowed to claim a pension.

The complex case had divided the UK supreme court, which was forced to refer the issue to the European Court of Justice to resolve it.

The woman, named only as “MB” in court documents, had turned 60 in 2008 and applied for a state pension, which under British law women born before 1950 are entitled to from that age. Men born before 1953 become entitled at the age of 65.

MB was refused because she didn’t have a gender recognition certificate despite living as a woman since 1991.

Under the UK’s 2004 Gender Recognition Act, trans people acquired the right to formally change their gender by obtaining the certificate, but one could not be issued to MB because as a married person, she was required to have her marriage annulled on the basis of her gender change.

At the time, same-sex marriage was not legal in Britain but MB said she preferred to stay married to her wife “in the sight of God”.

Despite the laws affecting her circumstances having since changed in the meantime, with same-sex marriage becoming legal in 2014 and a full gender recognition certificate allowed with the consent of a spouse, the decision in MB’s case wasn’t overturned.

She decided to take legal action against the government, arguing that its approach to her case breached an EU directive on the equal treatment of men and women in matters of social security.

The court ruled on Tuesday that a person who has changed gender does not have to annul the marriage they entered into before the change in order to receive a pension.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/uk-discriminated-against-transgender-woman-in-pension-dispute-eu-court-found_uk_5b3205dbe4b0cb56051bdb74

Warped equality here

How any why can women claim a pension earlier than men?

Second, this person is biologically a man, who believes they are a woman

I am sorry but this is getting out of hand

I have no issue, with people who see themselves as a different gender. That then does not mean, they can encroach on the rights of those genders. Its just going to cause and create more problems, that it then sets out to resolve

Its getting to the point, that you might as well do away with the terminology of gender and sex.

Which would also be ridiculous

This person is not biologically a woman, that is a fact. Fine that they believe there are female , but is done so through the mind, not physiological. But that is not the same thing and yet is being treated as the same as other biological women, by this rulling

What a crock of shit

Now all men, can simple do the same and claim they believe they are women. Can you imagine the effect such a situation would have on people retiring?

Hence why the retirement age, should be set equally for men and women

Back to top Go down

UK Was Wrong To Deny Transgender Woman A Pension At 60, EU Court Rules Empty Re: UK Was Wrong To Deny Transgender Woman A Pension At 60, EU Court Rules

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:10 pm

All in the name of equality...!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

UK Was Wrong To Deny Transgender Woman A Pension At 60, EU Court Rules Empty Re: UK Was Wrong To Deny Transgender Woman A Pension At 60, EU Court Rules

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:08 am

it actually make no sense for women to get it earlier, they live longer. if anything men should get it earlier snobby
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:54 pm

If she had the chop and was living as a woman she should have received the pension at 60, the same as other women at that time.

I often wondered why men didn't seem to create a fuss about women receiving their state pension 5 years earlier than they did....but then women are still being paid less than men often when they are doing the same job...swings and roundabouts.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:59 am

It's a man in a dress... mutilated male genitals does not make him biologically female...!

Just a man in a dress with mutilated genitals... pretending to be a woman... mentally ill...!

Am I wrong...?

Or is it wrong for authorities to try to force people to 'play along' with the whole charade...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:57 am

@tommy
you're wrong Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

your entire world view is wrong,
you are the one that is actually mentally ill
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:16 am

I don't give a shit about any of it, trans this, trans that. The Worlds gone fucking mad !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:57 am

Tommy Monk wrote:It's a man in a dress... mutilated male genitals does not make him biologically female...!

Just a man in a dress with mutilated genitals... pretending to be a woman... mentally ill...!

Am I wrong...?

Or is it wrong for authorities to try to force people to 'play along' with the whole charade...?

I think you are wrong Tommy.

All the recent publicity about casual transgender, gender neutral blah blah blah is confusing people imo.

Genuine transgender people do exist....if a man feels he has been born into the wrong body, and needs to exist as female, going through all the mental and physical pain of changing......he has the right to live and be treated as a woman.
As for him being mentally ill...I dont think so, but the brain is the biggest sex organ, so obviously all sexual urges, thoughts and dreams start in the head....just as yours do.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:55 pm

Syl wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:It's a man in a dress... mutilated male genitals does not make him biologically female...!

Am I wrong...?

All the recent publicity about casual transgender, gender neutral blah blah blah is confusing people imo.

Genuine transgender people do exist....if a man feels he has been born into the wrong body, and needs to exist as female, going through all the mental and physical pain of changing......he has the right to live and be treated as a woman.
As for him being mentally ill...I dont think so, but the brain is the biggest sex organ, so obviously all sexual urges, thoughts and dreams start in the head....just as yours do.

Shocked   Soooo...are you saying tommy lacks a sex organ?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:02 pm

Well... the pension age should be the same for everyone anyway... and then we ARE all treated the same regarding that aspect of life!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:06 pm

Syl wrote:

Am I wrong...?

Not sure why you keep referring to this trans as a him, he etc.

The reality should not be about whether they can claim to be female, which is after all psychological, but on the fact this person did work as a man up until 1991. Which as a transexual female worked for 17 years. In 2008 she was 60. So for at least 25 years, this trans worked as a man. To me this sets again a poor precedent, for then men to find an easy option to retire earlier. Hence why retirement needs to be equal for men and women.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:31 pm

I doubt having your bits chopped off, taking hormones for years, and living as a woman instead of a man would be the preferred option for most men who just wanted equal rights re retirement age.

I do agree that the age of retirement should be the same.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:38 pm

Syl wrote:I doubt having your bits chopped off, taking hormones for years, and living as a woman instead of a man would be the preferred option for most men who just wanted equal rights re retirement age.

You dont have to have your bits chopped off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:50 pm

Didge wrote:
Syl wrote:I doubt having your bits chopped off, taking hormones for years, and living as a woman instead of a man would be the preferred option for most men who just wanted equal rights re retirement age.

True, it's not compulsary, but many do.
Its not clear whether this woman did, but either way, she identifies as a woman and has done for many years.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:53 pm

Syl wrote:
Didge wrote:

True, it's not compulsary, but many do.
Its not clear whether this woman did, but either way, she identifies as a woman and has done for many years.

But more years as a man working, than as a woman. So is it really fair?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:55 pm

Anyway, about to watch the Football, so have a good evening Syl

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:00 pm

Ditto Didge....hope we win. x
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:59 pm

HE identifies HIMSELF as being a woman... but a woman he is not!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:12 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:HE identifies HIMSELF as being a woman... but a woman he is not!

Oviously mentally she feels feminine, so if she has had the full physical transformation, would you still see her as male?
If so, is that because she wasnt born with a womans genitalia?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:25 pm

Tommy, have you ever met anyone who feels as though they’re born in the wrong body? I have. They feel traumatised.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:58 pm

How does he know what a woman really FEELS like...?

Some people say they feel like they are really JESUS... but classed as mentally ill...

If only they had said they feel like being a woman... then they would have their psychotic delusions believed...!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:43 pm

I have never knowingly known a transgender person, but I can empathise with someone who really feels they have been born into the wrong body because their sex organs dictate they are the opposite gender to how they feel.

It may be a mental illness I don't know, but if there is a cure for it, as in any illness, why not allow that person to be cured without discriminating against them?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:06 pm

Pandering to the delusions of the mentally ill is not a cure...

And then forcing the rest of normal society to play along with the charade, 'or else', with non compliance threatened with criminal charges by the state, is an afront to the freedom of thought of all!!!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:35 am

Not sure about being mentally ill, but there are some people who "jump on the bandwagon"for the attention they can get.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Basketball

In Britain, Oz, Canada, NZ and some other western countries, the governments have been gradually increasing the aged-pension/'retirement' age up towards 70 for both men and women (and anyone in-between..), since the 1990s/early 'noughties'...

In another decade or two, this discussion will be a "non starter" in most of our countries.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:57 pm

Okay, let me put the record straight here.

I have no issue, with anyone wanting to believe anything they want to be. Whether they believe they are Elvis to an alien.

What I will not abide by, is then how some radicals from a militant and Totalitarian view point from this. Force a view, that everyone else has to accept this, or be then classed as a hate crime if they do not. Even worse that violence has been committed. This is nothing more than like religious made up beliefs, to make such absurd claims. Again, be who you want to be, dont them claim, I have to back your beliefs and then claim if I dont, its then violence towards trans. Sorry to burst your bubble, its in your mind, like any religious person. So dont tell me, I should respect stonning a woman to death for adultery or throwing a homosexual off a building. I never will

The reality is, someone who is Trans, thinking they are born in the wrong gender is psychological. Which may or may not have outside influences and good luck to them. When people say, there is a gender bias, if I do not be attracted to a penis to a trans woman and to then claim I am cissexist. No I am not, I just am not attracted to a cock. Simple.

Just as a homosexual male is not sexually attracted to tits or a vagina. It was bad enough when Homosexuals were discriminated against, based on their love and how people try to enforce their views to be prejudiced against them. Its now even worse when militant Trans people claim, its cultural discrimination towards them, if I am not attracted to their male genitals?

Seriously?

Its making a mockery of the discrimination homosexuals have faced for centuries., As these militants Trans and gender fluids are doing the same thing. Discriminating against people for not buying into political made up gender pro-nouns
Homoexuals never tried to force who they were on society, they simple wanted to have equal rights.
Trans people have equal rights

I mean talk about insulting the very fact homosexuals are attracted to each other's features and possible genitals sexually. I mean seriously get a grip here

Don't believe me?

But here is where it gets and proves this is a mental health issue

Now again, and I stress, I have no issue with what people believe they are. Though generally, we check their mental health. I mean what if I was to claim, I am not 47, but 70? Should I then be entittled to a pension and no longer have to work?

What if even more absurd, I claim, I was 6 and a girl?

You tell me?

Do you know what this is really about. People who feel they do not fit into the world and thus create something, that they hope will have people draw attention to themselves.

Its 100% insecurity

If you want to be Trans, you have my blessing, dont then force me and others into believing your own beliefs. Its in your mind not mine and would never discriminate against you. Dont then tell me I have to accept your imagination, or I am then hateful.

I am an athiest

Lets face some facts. Many fantasy and also political driven people have invented a multituded of gender fluid pro-nouns, in order that people can allow themselves to feel they fit into society. When in reality, this person has no idea and sees something, to then make them believe it then fits. They are made up, just as flying horses are made up, or someone thinking they are Michael Jackson. It means they need all the help they can get to fit into society, but does this then mean we have to then play into this realm of fantatsy? We know the biological genders and again I would never deny a person being what made up gender they want to be. That again does mot mean, someone else has to then believe its factual or real biologically. Like any belief system, its on the mind. I mean seriously, nobody here would expect to believe they had just met Elvis, now he is dead. Yet some people do. Good luck to them, but the mind of a trans, in the militant political form, is we should also except these beliefs.

Sorry, nobody has to, but they should never be discriminated you for these beliefs, under the law

I mean imagine someone extremist in their beleifs, demanding that everyone should throw a homosexual off the roof top and insists. That if you do not, its a hate crime and violence towards Evangical Christians, Orthordox Jews and radical Muslims?

So I pose the ultimate question. What if then someone claims they are god.

Am I Godphobic, if I do not believe they are a God?

Is it hate violence?

You tell me?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:04 am

I’ll tell you!

That post was so long I couldn’t keep up. I had three meals and two sleeps.

Can you nutshell it? Make it an almond. I like those.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:23 am

eddie wrote:I’ll tell you!

That post was so long I couldn’t keep up. I had three meals and two sleeps.

Can you nutshell it? Make it an almond. I like those.  

No problem

Do you think young people confused and some with mental health issues are being swayed and brainwashed to believe they instead have gender dysphoria?

When in many cases they are simple homosexual?

And are these very same people. Clearly out to do good, are doing more harm by doing so, by clearly confusing many young children?

Every child needs the best support going, no matter what they are going through, but some are clearly distorting the minds of children, who feel they do not fit in. To lie to them and make them feel they are something they are not. When in many cases they simple are homosexual.

They are thus not really helping them and I think no child should go through any drugs or surgery untill they are adult and able to fully decide.

Even more so when studies show that 60-90% of children who have been diagnosed with gender dysphoria, end up growing out of this phase

Does that help Eddie?

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:43 am

+1
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down