NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boehner: Trump takeover of GOP, the Republican Party is 'kinda taking a nap'

2 posters

Go down

Boehner: Trump takeover of GOP, the Republican Party is 'kinda taking a nap' Empty Boehner: Trump takeover of GOP, the Republican Party is 'kinda taking a nap'

Post by Lurker Thu May 31, 2018 4:50 pm

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/boehner-trump-takeover-gop-republican-party-kinda-taking-nap-n878886

It's not quite "Invasion of the Body Snatchers," but former GOP House Speaker John Boehner on Thursday said Failing Cheeto-Faced Ferret-Wearing Shit Gibbon has taken over the Republican Party.

"There is no Republican party. There's a Trump party. The Republican Party is kinda taking a nap somewhere," he said at the Mackinac Policy Conference in Michigan.

Boehner also described his relationship with Trump, who was a supporter of the Ohio Republican and played golf with him, telling the crowd that neither of the two men thought Trump would win the 2016 election.
Boehner: 'There is no Republican Party, there is a Trump Party'

"Well, you know, Donald Trump, who I know well, was one of my supporters, when I was speaker," Boehner recalled. "I was having a rough week, Trump would call me, pat me on the back, cheer me up, played a lot of golf together. But president? Really? I never quite saw this."
Recommended
Denmark bans the wearing of face veils in public
Trump says he didn't fire Comey 'because of Russia,' contradicting past statements

Boehner also said he believes Trump had told his wife, Melania, that he would not win the election.

"I think Donald Trump promised Melania that he would not win. She didn’t have to worry about ever living in the White House. It’s probably why she doesn't look real happy every day. But, well, maybe one reason," he said.

Boehner recently joined an advisory board for a cannabis company, Acreage Holdings, after he said his "thinking on cannabis has evolved."

He abruptly resigned from office in 2015 after facing pressure from a caucus of hard-right GOP House members who threatened a government shutdown because of a bill that would have provided funding for Planned Parenthood.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Boehner: Trump takeover of GOP, the Republican Party is 'kinda taking a nap' Empty Re: Boehner: Trump takeover of GOP, the Republican Party is 'kinda taking a nap'

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 31, 2018 5:31 pm

The only Republicans I know who don't like Trump were people I didn't even know were Republicans until Trump came along. I do think there is a very silent, almost invisible contingent of the GOP that is dismayed.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down