NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump has Republican party imploding

+2
'Wolfie
Ben Reilly
6 posters

Go down

Trump has Republican party imploding  Empty Trump has Republican party imploding

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 05, 2016 6:41 am

Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas dropped out of the presidential race on Tuesday, sealing Donald Trump’s chances of winning the Republican nomination and kindling a firestorm among Republicans on social media.

Some conservatives burned their Republican voter registration cards, calling to mind the protesters who burned their draft cards in opposition to the Vietnam War.

Others shared images of forms changing their party affiliation.

The stream of social media outcry marks a pivotal point in U.S. political history, said historian Dan T. Carter.

“It does reflect, in ways that I never anticipated, the divisions that have existed for a generation within the Republican Party, but that have been papered over by the success of various Republican candidates,” Carter said. “Those tensions are now there for all to see.”

The outrage sprang up across the gamut of the Republican Party, from conservative writers and strategists to elected officials and rank-and-file voters.

Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Trump has Republican party imploding  Empty Re: Trump has Republican party imploding

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 05, 2016 6:42 am

Link: http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/what-republicans-on-social-media-are-saying-about-trumps-indiana-win/
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Trump has Republican party imploding  Empty Re: Trump has Republican party imploding

Post by 'Wolfie Thu May 05, 2016 9:03 am

Smile

I WON'T be at all surprised if the GOP is so demolished and demoralised after November, that they spend much of the next eight years reforming the Repub's into a smaller, tighter, meaner and keener Conservative group over there...

WHILE the Trumpsters and trumpettes split away to have their own little uber-RW nationalist/ redneck/fearmongering/xenophobic schism.. With possible links to the BNP and EDL in Britain, and similar nationalist groups in France, Holland, Germany and down here in Oz.

ESPECIALLY once the Democrats have eventually regained majorities in both houses..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 05, 2016 1:24 pm

On our BBC news last night, they obviously covered the Cruz story, and it was said that Trump is the most unpopular candidate ever to run for presidency and also that Hilary was the most unpopular democrat they've ever had too.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 05, 2016 3:49 pm

The conservatives are pissed because they still think the Republican Party is their party.  They just don't get it...America ain't conservative.

We've moved over here.

Trump has Republican party imploding  1240_f

Evil or Very Mad

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 05, 2016 4:03 pm

eddie wrote:On our BBC news last night, they obviously covered the Cruz story, and it was said that Trump is the most unpopular candidate ever to run for presidency and also that Hilary was the most unpopular democrat they've ever had too.

Much of the animosity toward her comes from Republican distortions and lies, though.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 05, 2016 4:51 pm

Really? I'm sure you could say that about any competition tbh.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu May 05, 2016 5:06 pm

eddie wrote:Really? I'm sure you could say that about any competition tbh.

But Republicans follow a different system.  For them the purpose of politics is to deceive and confuse the public, whereas Democrats believe in an honest discussion over an objective, fact-based reality.  Thus for Democrats, discussion is a one-on-one exchange of facts and ideas.  For Republicans, it's about obscuring who someone is, with the ultimate goal of obscuring who they are.  (Republicans and conservatives believe that politics is about selfishness, whereas Democrats and liberals believe politics is about community and mutual aid.)

Republicans and conservatives incorporate and use dishonesty with an amoral disregard for reality.  Whereas Democrats and liberals are typically trying to fix things in the real world, Republicans and conservatives are continually trying to fix their image, and by the same logic inversely, disparage the image of their opponents.

Ask yourself: why, when Democrats are trying to build highways, schools and infrastructure, are Republicans holding hearings to talk about alleged wrongdoing of others.  It's because they emphasize image, while Democrats emphasize reality.  When your sole concern is about image, lying is a short step away. I don't speak for others, but to me those are the distortions and lies I see when Ben or anyone else raises them.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2016 6:40 pm

I've been following our political election process since years of JFK and I've never read nor heard such vitriolic/rants and vile things that have been strung out as long as insane as the GOP have done and gone after both HRC and our 2 term bi-racial POTUS.

It's shocking and disgusting the lies and methods that the GOP have lowered their morality too and had they been able to burn both of these humans at the stake --- I'm quite assured that they would have done that several times over!
That's how insane and the hate mongering has propelled their mantra for the past 10+ years.  Now that vile hatred is just feeding on its self. Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 05, 2016 7:11 pm

Look at what they try to smear her with. The e-mail "scandal"? A non-starter as her predecessors did the same exact thing. Benghazi? There were at least a dozen Benghazi-style attacks on U.S. embassies during the Bush years and nobody was ever subjected to years of investigations. Even that stupid quote from Clinton that Republicans like to twist into some admission that she doesn't care about the people who died in the attack:

"At this point, what difference does it make?"

But if you look at it in context, she was obviously saying something quite different:

(Republican Sen. Ron Johnson, who comes from Wisconsin, and whose parents obviously didn't think about his name very hard): No, again, we were misled that there were supposedly protests and that something sprang out of that -- an assault sprang out of that -- and that was easily ascertained that that was not the fact, and the American people could have known that within days and they didn’t know that.

Clinton: With all due respect, the fact is we had four dead Americans. Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night who decided that they’d they go kill some Americans? What difference at this point does it make? It is our job to figure out what happened and do everything we can to prevent it from ever happening again, Senator.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2013/may/08/context-hillary-clintons-what-difference-does-it-m/

Everything being used to smear Trump, on the other hand, are his actual record and his own words. He really does talk about building a wall between the U.S. and Mexico, he called Mexican rapists and murderers, he wouldn't rule out banning a religion in the U.S. He's proud of this stuff, and the Democrats are just using it as ammunition against him.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Thu May 05, 2016 7:13 pm

4EVER2 wrote:

I've been following our political election process since years of JFK and I've never read nor heard such vitriolic/rants and vile things that have been strung out as long as insane as the GOP have done and gone after both HRC and our 2 term bi-racial POTUS.

It's shocking and disgusting the lies and methods that the GOP have lowered their morality too and had they been able to burn both of these humans at the stake --- I'm quite assured that they would have done that several times over!
That's how insane and the hate mongering has propelled their mantra for the past 10+ years.  Now that vile hatred is just feeding on its self. Suspect

I agree. I have been back almost 8 years and while gone still followed politics closely because it was home. It has gotten worse and worse. From both sides, but the GOP still leads the way with hatred and vitriol. When you have the Senate Majority leader saying right after the election of the opposition that there is no way they won't work with him at all (when there were previous across the aisles partnerships), when you have people doubting his birthright and qualifications even though proof has been offered, and when you have opposition calling me Un-American because I don't buy into their lies and filth (yes I am looking at you dysfunctional Caribou Barbie) and they want to take back my country from me, I tend to get a little pissed off. And all because I black man got voted in not once, but twice. They still can't get their panties untwisted about that. And now they are going to have to reap what they have sown.

Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 05, 2016 8:05 pm

Well I'm quoting the BBC - where did they get their info from?
You three are biased Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Thu May 05, 2016 8:13 pm

eddie wrote:Well I'm quoting the BBC - where did they get their info from?

I'm not saying the BBC is wrong, I'm saying that the reasons she's unpopular are not good reasons -- based on twisting the facts.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 05, 2016 8:26 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:
eddie wrote:Well I'm quoting the BBC - where did they get their info from?

I'm not saying the BBC is wrong, I'm saying that the reasons she's unpopular are not good reasons -- based on twisting the facts.

The BBC are probably wrong. They often are. I hate them actually.
I only watched the BBC news last night because my sky box froze.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2016 10:42 pm

eddie wrote:
Ben_Reilly wrote:
The BBC are probably wrong. They often are. I hate them actually.
I only watched the BBC news last night because my sky box froze.
Which is very - very IRONIC...because I'm up at 3am and I'll be watching the BBC because it's giving a unique POV that I'm not able to hear from the puppet's/media talking heads that we get served over here!  lol!

Close your eyes and flip the TV channels and it's all the very same rhetoric just delivered via a different carrier station Trump has Republican party imploding  202592697

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu May 05, 2016 11:01 pm

It is strange! I prefer Sky if it's a major event - they seem to get there quicker.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2016 11:09 pm

eddie wrote:It is strange! I prefer Sky if it's a major event - they seem to get there quicker.

Back when Ted Turner was 'THE MAN' with a plan and wanted to do REAL NEWS; and CNN became his 24 hr news baby --- that was so fascinating...get up at any hour of the day or night and turn it on & tune in to CNN and there it was - WORLD NEWS right at your TV viewing pleasure --- I ate it up.
The Cable News Network (CNN) is an American basic cable and satellite television channel that is owned by the Turner Broadcasting System division of Time Warner. It was founded in 1980 by American media proprietor Ted Turner as a 24-hour cable news channel.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Fri May 06, 2016 1:53 am

Trump has Republican party imploding  1T0hh9A
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down