NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter Users Sent 4.2 Million Anti-Semitic Tweets Last Year, Anti-Defamation League Says

3 posters

Go down

Twitter Users Sent 4.2 Million Anti-Semitic Tweets Last Year, Anti-Defamation League Says Empty Twitter Users Sent 4.2 Million Anti-Semitic Tweets Last Year, Anti-Defamation League Says

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2018 7:53 pm

Millions of anti-Semitic messages on Twitter have spread negative stereotypes and conspiracy theories about Jews across the social media platform, according to a report Monday by the Anti-Defamation League.

ADL national director and CEO Jonathan Greenblatt said the data showed many used Twitter as a “megaphone to harass and intimidate Jews.”

An earlier report from the Jewish civil rights group said anti-Semitic incidents in the U.S. last year had reached the highest tally it has counted in more than two decades. That increase appeared to be fueled by emboldened far-right extremists as well as the “divisive state of our national discourse,” Greenblatt said in February.

In the new report, the group estimated that about 3 million Twitter users posted or re-posted at least 4.2 million anti-Semitic tweets in English over a 12-month period ending Jan. 28. The finding is based on a reviewed sample of 55,000 tweets and had a 3 percent margin of error, the report said.

http://time.com/5267889/twitter-users-anti-semitic-messages/

Back to top Go down

Twitter Users Sent 4.2 Million Anti-Semitic Tweets Last Year, Anti-Defamation League Says Empty Re: Twitter Users Sent 4.2 Million Anti-Semitic Tweets Last Year, Anti-Defamation League Says

Post by Victorismyhero Mon May 07, 2018 8:15 pm

the problem is ...exactly like islamophobia

ANY negative statement containing the word Jew or israel is "antisemitic"
criticism is not allowed

you keep bangin on about veryas suppose antisemetic canard (an anti semetic duck?...who'd have thought it?)

and yet thats no different to our hard left protagonists bangin on about the "other lot" quoting

"if you save one life it is as if you saved the whole of mankind" (and its obvious opposite)

and there is NO doubt that the jews consider themselves (indeed their story book tells them so) gods chosen people.....Its even there in the old testement.
besides...only a numpty would suppose that ANY religion did not consider its followers to be "chosen" .

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Twitter Users Sent 4.2 Million Anti-Semitic Tweets Last Year, Anti-Defamation League Says Empty Re: Twitter Users Sent 4.2 Million Anti-Semitic Tweets Last Year, Anti-Defamation League Says

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2018 8:23 pm

Lord Foul wrote:the problem is ...exactly like islamophobia

ANY negative statement containing the word Jew or israel is "antisemitic"
criticism is not allowed

you keep bangin on about veryas suppose antisemetic canard (an anti semetic duck?...who'd have thought it?)

and yet thats no different to our hard left protagonists bangin on about the "other lot" quoting

"if you save one life it is as if you saved the whole of mankind" (and its obvious opposite)

and there is NO doubt that the jews consider themselves (indeed their story book tells them so) gods chosen people.....Its even there in the old testement.
besides...only a numpty would suppose that ANY  religion did not consider its followers to be "chosen" .

Now I am beginning to understand how and why Antisemitism is not taken seriously

Apparantly now, criticism is now antisemitism? Not its not and its very well defined what is

So athiest Jews and Jews who follow Judaism, think they are a chosen race do they?

No its not, views made against Jews as a people, whether that be cultural, religiously, racially, economically etc, are many forms of antisemitism and clearly your ignorance on this is very telling

You it does teach in all the religions, that they are a special people, whether Christian, Jews and Muslims

However Veya, stated Jews as a chosen race

A number of books and websites run by neo-Nazis, White supremacy advocates, Christian Identity adherents, and radical Islamist groups offer what they claim are authoritative quotes from rabbinic literature, all attempting to prove that Judaism is racist, and that Jews hate non-Jews and perceive non-Jews as non-human.

According to Rabbi Joseph Soloveitchik: "Even as the Jew is moved by his private Sinaitic Covenant with God to embody and preserve the teachings of the Torah, he is committed to the belief that all mankind, of whatever color or creed, is "in His image" and is possessed of an inherent human dignity and worthiness. Man's singularity is derived from the breath "He [God] breathed into his nostrils at the moment of creation" (Genesis 2:7). Thus, we do share in the universal historical experience, and God's providential concern does embrace all of humanity."[60]

According to a 1984 hearing record before the Subcommittee on Human Rights and International Organizations in the US Congress concerning the Soviet Jewry,

"This vicious anti-Semitic canard, frequently repeated by other Soviet writers and officials, is based upon the malicious notion that the "Chosen People" of the Torah and Talmud preaches "superiority over other peoples", as well as exclusivity. This was, of course, the principal theme of the notorious Tsarist Protocols of the Elders of Zion.[61]

The word "Goy" literally means "nation" but has come to be the standard term for anyone who is not Jewish. There are claims by some groups that "Goy" translates to "Animal". These claims are designed to make people believe Jews see them as inferior

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitic_canard#Accusations_of_racism

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon May 07, 2018 8:34 pm

It is however easy to see where that idea comes from, given that the jews dont (generally, and only with great reluctance) accept converts..you have to be "of the blood" so to speak. thus leading to the (inaccurate ) notion of a "race" called JEW. (of course, to their eternal credit they dont want to FORCE anyone to convert either, and DONT (generally as a principle) discriminate against other religions (although there are exceptions to this of course, mainly amongst young hot heads)
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2018 8:37 pm

Lord Foul wrote:It is however easy to see where that idea comes from, given that the jews dont (generally, and only with great reluctance) accept converts..you have to be "of the blood" so to speak. thus leading to the (inaccurate ) notion of a "race" called JEW.  (of course, to their eternal credit they dont want to FORCE anyone to convert either, and DONT (generally as a principle) discriminate against other religions (although there are exceptions to this of course, mainly amongst young hot heads)

Jews dont accept converts?

Really?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_converts_to_Judaism

So you think its easy to see why the The Protocols of the Elders of Zion came about, which was imported from Russia and was fundemental in forming hate against the Jews in Germany?

No wonder you are cluless on this

Here, to help educate you

https://antisemitism.uk/recognising-antisemitism/

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Mon May 07, 2018 8:39 pm

can you actually read?

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2018 8:42 pm

Lord Foul wrote:can you actually read?

I can read very well your poor assumptions, that as seen are baseless on conversions

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 07, 2018 9:55 pm

I do think that Vic has a point in that you'll see someone called anti-semitic for saying that the Israeli expansion into Palestinian territory is unjust, for example.

Of course you also see people condemned as Islamaphobic for criticizing anything Palestinians do.

Me, I'm Humanaphobic because I've decided I just hate pretty much all of you ...
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2018 10:00 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:I do think that Vic has a point in that you'll see someone called anti-semitic for saying that the Israeli expansion into Palestinian territory is unjust, for example.

Of course you also see people condemned as Islamaphobic for criticizing anything Palestinians do.

Me, I'm Humanaphobic because I've decided I just hate pretty much all of you ...

Can you show me where I have ever made the claim that geuine criticism of Israel is antisemitic?

I mean you have people poorly use poor language comparing Israel to the Nazi;s which has no comparrison and done for one simple reason. To ligitimize hate against Israel. That is not genuine criticism, but a lie.

So if someone claimed it was unjust the settlements, I would never and have never claimed that is antisemitic.  What I am seeing again, is how Antisemitism is being played down, by a view that most Antisemitism is apparantly genuine criticism. Its not, most is conspiracies against Jews, based on cultural, religious, racial, economic etc antisemitism

My view is this on the settlements, are they really a hinderance to peace?

As cannot a furture palestinian state, not have Jews live within?

So genuine criticism is not a problem, but hate of Israeli's, Palestinians, Arabs and Jews is always wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 07, 2018 10:01 pm

I wasn't saying you do it -- just that you'll see it happen. I for one think there can be no peace until Israel at least retracts to its original borders, but I've been accused of anti-semitism for saying so.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2018 10:06 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:I wasn't saying you do it -- just that you'll see it happen. I for one think there can be no peace until Israel at least retracts to its original borders, but I've been accused of anti-semitism for saying so.

I am not denying that it does sometimes happen, but the reailty is most of views expressed are Anti-semitic and nothing should detract from that very real problem

The problem with the view on original borders, is there was no borders, but ceasefire lines

Israel has for example withdrawn from Lebanon, Gaza, the Sinai etc and still hate is directed at them and a want to destroy all Israel. So I get your point for wanting Israel to withdraw to the original ceasefire lines, but as seen. Israel has withdrawn many times, and still faced the threat of destruction and continually attacked.

What will end this is two things

Acceptance for each others right to self determination, with each having a nation and more importantly a stop to the hate from both sides.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2018 10:07 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:I wasn't saying you do it -- just that you'll see it happen. I for one think there can be no peace until Israel at least retracts to its original borders, but I've been accused of anti-semitism for saying so.

i do not think that the government in Israel was right at all to expand it's territory beyond the agreed land split but even if they did retract to original borders it would never change the charter of Hamas.

Israel and jews are surrounded by hatred and a determination to wipe them out and are under constant rocket bombardment.

makes peace process somewhat difficult

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue May 08, 2018 5:15 am

+1
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down