NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is America

4 posters

Go down

This is America  Empty This is America

Post by veya_victaous Mon May 07, 2018 7:19 am

WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENTAMERICAN actor, musician and comedian Donald Glover (aka Childish Gambino) has struck a nerve in the US with the release of the video for his new song, This is America.

more at source
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/music-videos/childish-gambinos-new-music-video-shares-a-powerful-message-about-gun-violence-in-america/news-story/4b10bc1f1efe29c3ea7936e9e44ac9c3

Users on social media were quick to point out that the clip’s anti-violence message was being told in the background as viewers were distracted by Glover’s dancing.

Twitter user E-Money wrote: “People are so caught up in Gambino’s shoot that they don’t even realize what the hell is going on in the background. He’s literally talking about people who don’t care about what’s happening in society, but care about the latest dance fad. He’s talking about y’all.”
Others pointed out that they needed to watch the clip to see everything that was going on.

“After you’ve watched #ThisIsAmerica twice or 3x, watch it again. But this time, ignore Donald completely and just watch the background. Whew,” Awesomely Luvvie tweeted.
Another user pointed out how the school kids follow Glover’s dance moves, but then are also the ones who clean up the carnage.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

This is America  Empty Re: This is America

Post by JulesV Mon May 07, 2018 12:57 pm

veya_victaous wrote:WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT.....

There should be a separate warning about the music too. It's hideous!!!  Dante's Inferno would have been suitable, just saying.

All these pointless, meaningless shootings. Shocked  They haven't got the sense they were born with! Graveyards are full of  gangsters & 'hard men.' No

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

This is America  Empty Childish Gambino's provocative song "This is America"

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:30 pm

Actually the video is more provocative, as to me it shows the schizophrenia that is modern American life (particularly for black people, but really it includes everyone).

What do you think? Is he blowing things out of proportion?

Also, as crazy as his dancing is in this, it was actually carefully plotted out by a professional choreographer. I really think his dancing is the most gripping thing in the whole video.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:08 pm

Ben Mothafuckin' Reilly wrote:

Actually the video is more provocative, as to me it shows the schizophrenia that is modern American life (particularly for black people, but really it includes everyone).

Also, as crazy as his dancing is in this, it was actually carefully plotted out by a professional choreographer. I really think his dancing is the most gripping thing in the whole video.

How about you watch the video without any labels?

Most of which you created

Then what do you see?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:30 pm

Didge wrote:

Then what do you see?

You start a lot of threads but you kill a lot of them, too. Rolling Eyes
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:53 pm

Didge wrote:

Then what do you see?

You start a lot of threads but you kill a lot of them, too. Rolling Eyes

How did I kill it, by asking you some simple questions?

Did I shatter your illusions?

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:18 am

Merged this with the thread I created on this topic over month ago Wink cause some of us stay up to date tongue

For the record Didge it totally Wrong Ben did not create the Labels
that are Intentional part of the Art, as stated by the artists

Directed by his frequent "Atlanta" collaborator Hiro Murai and choreographed by Sherrie Silver, the music video touches on gun violence, the precarious state of black bodies in the US, and how we've historically used entertainment to distract us from pervasive cultural and political problems. But the music video's iconoclastic images and many layers deserve close examination to fully parse.

Here are 24 things you may have missed.

Continued at source
http://www.thisisinsider.com/this-is-america-music-video-meaning-references-childish-gambino-donald-glover-2018-5

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:20 am

And Despite what Jules said I like this music
it's dynamic and primal
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:07 pm

The song is monotonous. It really could do with something else happening in it, the end was the best part. I’d never want to hear it again to be honest, even though I didn’t hate it.

Professional choreographer? Hmmm. Righto. I’m sure I could’ve come up with those moves and more.
I was hugely disappointed.

I did see the point of the video /message (I guess) but it just didn’t hit my soul, in any way, at all.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:08 am

veya_victaous wrote:And Despite what Jules said I like this music

it's dynamic and primal

Die-namic, aye. Suspect What a Face

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content