NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could jab help you lose a stone in a month? Injection developed by British scientists is hailed as 'most exciting' obesity treatment yet

+3
eddie
JulesV
magica
7 posters

Go down

Could jab help you lose a stone in a month? Injection developed by British scientists is hailed as 'most exciting' obesity treatment yet   Empty Could jab help you lose a stone in a month? Injection developed by British scientists is hailed as 'most exciting' obesity treatment yet

Post by Guest Sat May 05, 2018 11:39 am

[*]A jab that aids weight loss of more than a stone in a month has been developed
[*]Scientists at Imperial College London say it's the 'most exciting treatment yet'
[*]The hormone injection will act similarly to a gastric band and help tackle obesity

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5693369/Jab-help-lose-stone-month-called-exciting-obesity-treatment-yet.html#ixzz5EcfGEj5G 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Could jab help you lose a stone in a month? Injection developed by British scientists is hailed as 'most exciting' obesity treatment yet   Empty Re: Could jab help you lose a stone in a month? Injection developed by British scientists is hailed as 'most exciting' obesity treatment yet

Post by magica Sat May 05, 2018 11:52 am

Wow we'll all be queuing up to get rid of a few pounds lol.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Could jab help you lose a stone in a month? Injection developed by British scientists is hailed as 'most exciting' obesity treatment yet   Empty Re: Could jab help you lose a stone in a month? Injection developed by British scientists is hailed as 'most exciting' obesity treatment yet

Post by Guest Sat May 05, 2018 11:55 am

magica wrote:Wow we'll all be queuing up to get rid of a few pounds lol.

lol!

All joking aside Magica, this could save the NHS millions. Just think how less then people will be susceptible to other illnesses, due to being overweight?

https://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/obesity-health-risks

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat May 05, 2018 9:52 pm

Another day, another miracle cure.

All shortcuts to losing weight are doomed to fail once the treatment stops.

The newly slimmed-down body automatically reverses the process and starts laying down fat all over again, taking the person right back to square 1.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sat May 05, 2018 9:55 pm

Didge wrote:
magica wrote:Wow we'll all be queuing up to get rid of a few pounds lol.

lol!

All joking aside Magica, this could save the NHS millions. Just think how less then people will be susceptible to other illnesses, due to being overweight?

https://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/obesity-health-risks

It's got to be cheaper than all the probs really obese people have.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat May 05, 2018 9:57 pm

And don't be too sure it will save the NHS anything, OP.

The owners of these private companies which research, develop & patent new drugs are not charities.

They are cold, hardnosed businessmen & they'll be charging the NHS big fat fees.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat May 05, 2018 10:04 pm

Who could forget the shameful Daraprim scandal.
Barefaced exploitation of vulnerable sick people.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 06, 2018 8:03 pm

Nice avatar, Jules.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun May 06, 2018 8:27 pm

Jules wrote:Another day, another miracle cure.

The newly slimmed-down body automatically reverses the process and starts laying down fat all over again, taking the person right back to square 1.

I don't agree with that. People put weight back on because they start eating too many calories again.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 06, 2018 8:40 pm

Jules wrote:And don't be too sure it will save the NHS anything, OP.

The owners of these private companies which research, develop & patent new drugs are not charities.

They are cold, hardnosed businessmen & they'll be charging the NHS big fat fees.

Agree!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun May 06, 2018 8:49 pm

Why can't people just stop stuffing their faces? It's really simple. Eat less calories. I'm a yo yo with my weight. Sometimes I'm heavy, sometimes I'm lighter. But if I need to lose it, I have to go on a strict 1,000 cals a day regime. I tend to lose weight in the summer and gain it in the winter. But you see places like Nando's stuffed to the gills, and the food is fat fat fat. i think half the time people don't realise just how many calories they're ingesting.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun May 06, 2018 9:00 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Why can't people just stop stuffing their faces?   It's really simple.   Eat less calories.   I'm a yo yo with my weight.  Sometimes I'm heavy, sometimes I'm lighter.     But if I need to lose it, I have to go on a strict 1,000 cals a day regime.    I tend to lose weight in the summer and gain it in the winter.    But you see places like Nando's stuffed to the gills, and the food is fat fat fat.    i think half the time people don't realise just how many calories they're ingesting.

I totally agree with you. I’ve always been really slim, about an 8-10, apart from the time my thyroid went crazy and I went up to a size 13 (too fat for a 12 but not quite a 14, it was a pain finding clothes!) and when I knew that was happening I just started to exercise - I already ate quite healthily mostly. Due to the condition I couldn’t shift the weight, until bizarrely, my thyroid behaved itself after my daughter’s birth. Soon as I gave birth the weight dropped off as I resumed exercising.

It really is about diet and proper exercise. Nothing else works.

By the way, I’ve seen your pics and you always look great! Seriously.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon May 07, 2018 1:27 pm

eddie wrote:Nice avatar, Jules.
Thanks eddie. Audrey Hepburn has a lovey visage.
I like yours too & I've said so in another thread.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Mon May 07, 2018 1:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Jules wrote:Another day, another miracle cure.

I don't agree with that. People put weight back on

because they start eating too many calories again.
Correct. They do ....... once the treatment (the painful injections) stops. Like I said >

Jules wrote:All shortcuts to losing weight are doomed to fail once the treatment stops.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon May 07, 2018 2:06 pm

While what you say regarding treatments or diets are true, the brunt of the matter is why do people feel the need to eat more than they require? Why can't some people not control their intake? Why do certain hormone levels in the stomach change so dramatically after a stomach reduction leaving the patient without the constant feeling of hunger? This injection must be righting those hormone levels, in which case you'd have to keep having them at a lesser dose maybe to
maintain the effect or maybe the effect once righted remains.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2018 5:41 pm

Jules wrote:And don't be too sure it will save the NHS anything, OP.

It will save the NHS millions, if less people then end up with many other Illnesses.

As the knock on effect of obseity causes so many Illneses

Your view on research, when they spend millions upon millions, that then never ever see becoming a product, shows how out of touch with reality you are on this.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon May 07, 2018 6:37 pm

The problem for me would be that it's your eating habits that need to change, what goes on in your head, and that will never change if you think you can just take a drug to lose weight. And there are nearly always side effects.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2018 6:38 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:The problem for me would be that it's your eating habits that need to change, what goes on in your head, and that will never change if you think you can just take a drug to lose weight.   And there are nearly always side effects.  

Of course people should eat healthier, but this would save countless money, as now obseity, is a major problem in the west. So yes a cultural change is also needed on how we eat and excercize.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon May 07, 2018 6:53 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:The problem for me would be that it's your eating habits that need to change, what goes on in your head, and that will never change if you think you can just take a drug to lose weight.   And there are nearly always side effects.  

Of course people should eat healthier, but this would save countless money, as now obseity, is a major problem in the west. So yes a cultural change is also needed on how we eat and excercize.

It's less about culture and more about individual mindsets. Thin people eat differently from fat people and I don't mean with regards to the obvious. Thin people eat to live. Fatties live to eat.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2018 7:05 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

It's less about culture and more about individual mindsets.   Thin people eat differently from fat people and I don't mean with regards to the obvious.   Thin people eat to live.   Fatties live to eat.

It to me is very much culture based through the TV, social media and how people are now controlled by technology, that they do not get out and excercize.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon May 07, 2018 7:07 pm

That,s just it - you need to change what goes on in your head but can everyone just go away and do that, that's the point.  The easy part which tends not to that easy for a lot of people is the initial weight loss, then the hard part is changing your mind set. Many people who are over weight are reasonable, intelligent and know all about the equations for remaining the ideal weight and about life changes, yet some still can't manage at all or end up yoyo dieting, which I'm told is even worse for you, some people feel hungry all the time although obviously they aren't. There has to be a reason other than just being lazy and greedy.
-----and Didges comment proves the intolerance for people who may have a problem 'fatties live to eat'. We have anorexia, bulima, there's the Prada Wili Syndrome, in this new world of spectrums maybe there is yet more degrees of these but few care because they don't have a problem with control food intake and just label everyone as fatties who just live to stuff their face.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon May 07, 2018 7:10 pm

Apologies the comment was Horatio's not Didges.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Mon May 07, 2018 7:26 pm

Vintage wrote:

That,s just it - you need to change what goes on in your head but can everyone just go away and do that, that's the point.  The easy part which tends not to that easy for a lot of people is the initial weight loss, then the hard part is changing your mind set. Many people who are over weight are reasonable, intelligent and know all about the equations for remaining the ideal weight and about life changes, yet some still can't manage at all or end up yoyo dieting, which I'm told is even worse for you, some people feel hungry all the time although obviously they aren't. There has to be a reason other than just being lazy and greedy.
-----and Didges comment proves the intolerance for people who may have a problem 'fatties live to eat'. We have anorexia, bulima, there's the Prada Wili Syndrome, in this new world of spectrums maybe there is yet more degrees of these but few care because they don't have a problem with control food intake and just label everyone as fatties who just live to stuff their face.

I'm someone who's been fat, thin and inbetween. When I'm thin, I'm in control. I don't over eat, and binge and eat the wrong things. When I'm overweight, I do all those things. So, I know it all about my own self control and what's going on in my head. Anorexia, Bulimia, PW syndrome, all existed years ago, but you saw few fatties. Now, obesity is rife.

Didge is right....society is a lot to blame. We drive when we should walk. Our convenience food is saturated with fat and sugar. Takeaways are no longer a treat but a regular thing, as are sweets and desserts.

So....we have to have more self control instead of crying to the doctor for a gastric band or drugs to make us slim. Take responsibility for your own body!

HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon May 07, 2018 7:47 pm

Jules wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I don't agree with that. People put weight back on

because they start eating too many calories again.
Correct. They do ....... once the treatment (the painful injections) stops. Like I said >

Jules wrote:All shortcuts to losing weight are doomed to fail once the treatment stops.

You said this:

That implies that the body starts to lay down fat regardless. There's nothing automatic about it. If they eat too many calories for their size again, they will put on fat.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon May 07, 2018 8:54 pm

From someone who has struggled all their life I understand the in control/ the out of control thing but what is the difference, why are you in control for a time and then not?
Would you tell an anorexic to just eat? There have always been fat people too, even in time of rationing. I do agree though there are far more people who are very over weight with that bulging, rolling, wobbling fat.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon May 07, 2018 9:51 pm

Vintage wrote:From someone who has struggled all their life I understand the in control/ the out of control thing but what is the difference, why are you in control for a time and then not?
 Would you tell an anorexic to just eat? There have always been fat people too, even in time of rationing.  I do agree though there are far more people who are very over weight with that bulging, rolling, wobbling fat.

I think there are some people who have a genetic tendency toward obesity, and that while diet and exercise certainly would help, they're not going to be enough if they ever want to be truly in shape.

There's also food addiction, of course, and that requires counseling. Nothing's ever as simple as people like to pretend.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down