NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Was Bound To Happen Sooner Or Later - A Canadian Man Legally Changes Gender To Save 25% On Car Insurance

3 posters

Go down

It Was Bound To Happen Sooner Or Later - A Canadian Man Legally Changes Gender To Save 25% On Car Insurance Empty It Was Bound To Happen Sooner Or Later - A Canadian Man Legally Changes Gender To Save 25% On Car Insurance

Post by Guest Fri May 04, 2018 5:20 pm

Switch your gender, and you can save 15% or more on car insurance. That is exactly what a Canadian man did to save 25% on auto insurance.

"That's right, I changed my gender for cheaper auto-insurance.

Before I get into this, don't try to distinguish the words 'gender' and 'sex.' Having gone through this process, it seems they are the same thing, at least, to the Government of Alberta.

Moving on.

I saved more like 25%. I'm in my early twenty's, I live in Alberta, Canada; I just bought a new car. When financing a new vehicle, it's required that you must have full insurance coverage on it (includes collision insurance). So I get a quote from my insurance company. I've had a minor collision, and a couple speeding tickets. How much for my auto insurance?: $4517. I was disappointed to say the least and this was after we did everything to bring the premium down. So I ask “Out of curiosity, how much would my premium be if I was a woman?” The broker comes back with a quote of $3423. Holy f***.

$4517 - $3423 = $1094

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/blog/2491/A-Canadian-Man-Legally-Changes-Gender-To-Save-25-On-Car-Insurance

Back to top Go down

It Was Bound To Happen Sooner Or Later - A Canadian Man Legally Changes Gender To Save 25% On Car Insurance Empty Re: It Was Bound To Happen Sooner Or Later - A Canadian Man Legally Changes Gender To Save 25% On Car Insurance

Post by eddie Fri May 04, 2018 5:32 pm

Okay so he just switched his name and didn’t have surgery, (which, by the way, is one of the paragraphs I’d have stuck in the OP as it’s relevant), so he’s saved some money.
But really, is he going to be happy having to sign his name as a woman?

He claims “he won!” but I’d say he’s a bit of a loser tbh.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

It Was Bound To Happen Sooner Or Later - A Canadian Man Legally Changes Gender To Save 25% On Car Insurance Empty Re: It Was Bound To Happen Sooner Or Later - A Canadian Man Legally Changes Gender To Save 25% On Car Insurance

Post by Guest Fri May 04, 2018 5:37 pm

eddie wrote:Okay so he just switched his name and didn’t have surgery, (which, by the way, is one of the paragraphs I’d have stuck in the OP as it’s relevant), so he’s saved some money.
But really, is he going to be happy having to sign his name as a woman?

He claims “he won!” but I’d say he’s a bit of a loser tbh.  

The point is, now anyone will be simple swapping gender, to save money or even worse gain access to areas, they should never be in. Like women's changing rooms for example. This is the danger of why people simple swapping their sex, is a really dumb view point legally, when there is no former medical history.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 04, 2018 5:39 pm

I am inclined to agree with you. If this becomes a common occurance you’ll see these companies changing up their policies real quick!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri May 04, 2018 7:12 pm

It Was Bound To Happen Sooner Or Later - A Canadian Man Legally Changes Gender To Save 25% On Car Insurance 1399249160

Pretty steep insurance bill, either way...

(I paid less than $1,000 last year..).

Many people down here simply couldn't afford that kind of ripoff/usury.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri May 04, 2018 8:03 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:It Was Bound To Happen Sooner Or Later - A Canadian Man Legally Changes Gender To Save 25% On Car Insurance 1399249160

Pretty steep insurance bill, either way...

(I paid less than $1,000 last year..).

Many people down here simply couldn't afford that kind of ripoff/usury.

Well, we keep on telling you that until you live somewhere, you can never, ever say or assume, you know the place.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon May 07, 2018 12:12 am

eddie wrote:I am inclined to agree with you. If this becomes a common occurance you’ll see these companies changing up their policies real quick!

which is the Point Wink
Currently they are committing gender discrimination.

Could you imaging if you went to buy something and they said it was 25% more because your a women?
the business practice simply would never be accepted in any other retailer of goods and services

veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down