NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The desperate fight for baby Alfie.

+2
magica
Syl
6 posters

Go down

The desperate fight for baby Alfie. Empty The desperate fight for baby Alfie.

Post by Syl Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:21 pm

This has been going on for so long....the parents of little Alfie Evans desperately fighting to keep their terminally ill brain damaged child alive.

Latest news is they are now accusing three of the doctors who have treated Alfie at Alder Hey childrens hospital with conspiracy to murder their son.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-43883865

Last edited by Syl on Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The desperate fight for baby Alfie. Empty Re: The desperate fight for baby Alfie.

Post by Syl Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:26 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/25/alfie-evans-dad-privately-prosecuting-doctors-conspiracy-murder-7497380/

"The judge presiding over the Alfie Evans hearing has told the Court of Appeal that his dad Tom Evans has sought to privately prosecute doctors for conspiracy to murder. According to reporters at the court, Tom Evans has been talking about private proceedings to have three named doctors charged with conspiracy to murder in the case of his son."
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

The desperate fight for baby Alfie. Empty Re: The desperate fight for baby Alfie.

Post by magica Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:34 pm

I was going to start this thread Syl, but I forgot.

What a heartache for the parents. Why can't they take their baby to Italy, any chance is worth pursuing, even if it doesn't work.

I can't see how any hospital or court can forbid the parents in taking him. They turned off life support, thought he would die, well he didn't, so all the time he's fighting to live the parents must go with this.

I feel so sad for them, and frustrated for them.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:41 pm

magica wrote:I was going to start this thread Syl, but I forgot.

What a heartache for the parents. Why can't they take their baby to Italy, any chance is worth pursuing, even if it doesn't work.

I can't see how any hospital or court can forbid the parents in taking him. They turned off life support, thought he would die, well he didn't, so all the time he's fighting to live the parents must go with this.

But Italy cant offer him any new treatments Mags, they are only offering to keep him alive by machinery.

Alfie could live for days, weeks, even longer without life support, is the fight to keep him alive just prolonging his agony?

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:48 pm

Its a really tragic situation for whoever you think is right or wrong.

A radio phone in this morning had the vast majority of callers agreeing with Alfies father, they thought the hospital was wrong in stopping treatment and wrong for not allowing his parents to take him abroad.

They all agreed that the demonstration outside Alder Hey did nothing to help anyone....they should be shifted imo.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:03 pm

They have switched his life support off.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:07 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:I was going to start this thread Syl, but I forgot.

But Italy cant offer him any new treatments Mags, they are only offering to keep him alive by machinery.

Alfie could live for days, weeks, even longer without life support, is the fight to keep him alive just prolonging his agony?

The machine was taken off and he's breathing unaided. Not sure what Italy can do, but if he was my baby, I would try everything and anything to give him a chance. If he dies, then they can say we tried.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:01 am

eddie wrote:They have switched his life support off.
Which seems to be why his dad intends to prosecute three doctors with conspiracy to murder his son.
My sympathies here lie with the doctors. They have done their upmost to help an impossibly ill child, but sometimes, where there is no hope only suffering, the humane thing to do is accept the inevitable.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:05 am

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

The machine was taken off and he's breathing unaided. Not sure what Italy can do, but if he was my baby, I would try everything and anything to give him a chance. If he dies, then they can say we tried.
The Drs have tried too Mags, but there is no hope.
Alfies father has said he wants his son to die a hero......keeping him alive with no possible hope of the child ever having any quality of life does not make him a hero.
It just prolongs his suffering.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:08 am

The baby's not suffering though. I don't see why they forbid his parents from taking him to Italy. Yes it might be forlorn trip, but they are trying everything and so must be given the opportunity imo.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:26 am

magica wrote:The baby's not suffering though. I don't see why they forbid his parents from taking him to Italy. Yes it might be forlorn trip, but they are trying everything and so must be given the opportunity imo.
He is suffering Mags, he has been on life support since 2016, his brain has deteriorated so badly he is now in a semi vegatative state and can never recover just get worse.
Even his mothers lawyers say he is struggling.
If Italian Drs could offer any hope I agree the opportunity to take him should be taken, but they cant.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:30 am

They are now looking to take him home, if they can. The baby wouldn't be suffering as he will have drugs to prevent that.

It's a sad case, I do feel sad for the parents, they've tried everything and could never say they gave up on Alfie.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:24 pm

magica wrote:They are now looking to take him home, if they can. The baby wouldn't be suffering as he will have drugs to prevent that.

It's a sad case, I do feel sad for the parents, they've tried everything and could never say they gave up on Alfie.

Its heartbreaking, its just so sad it (and similar cases before Alfie) are turned into a public circus.
I think home is where he should be, so the family can spend what time they have left in peace with him.

The mob who have been protesting outside Alder Hey should be moved by police...and charged with harassment.
They don't have that families interest at heart, they are like a bloody rentamob.
Apparently they have been jeering and hassling staff and even parents who are there to see their own seriously ill and dying children.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:34 pm

Poor kid. Caught between life and death and the hell that's inbetween
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:39 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:They are now looking to take him home, if they can. The baby wouldn't be suffering as he will have drugs to prevent that.

Its heartbreaking, its just so sad it (and similar cases before Alfie) are turned into a public circus.
I think home is where he should be, so the family can spend what time they have left in peace with him.

The mob who have been protesting outside Alder Hey should be moved by police...and charged with harassment.
They don't have that families interest at heart, they are like a bloody rentamob.
Apparently they have been jeering and hassling staff and even parents who are there to see their own seriously ill and dying children.

Yes, the mob has turned this into a spiteful farce. Even Alfies dad asked them to stop.

Take Alfie home is the best they can do now.

I also think the parents looking at Alfie and seeing what they want to see, which of course gives them hope. The thought of losing Alfie must be unbeatable for the parents.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:37 pm

To be honest, I don’t see the point of keeping a human being alive if they have zero consciousness. They’re literally just a body, meat and bones at that point.

It’s heaetbreaking but it’s also a tad selfish on the part of the parents, as horrid as that sounds. What life will any of them have, including the patient, if he’s kept alive?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:45 pm

They will still have him and hope a miracle might happen Ed. Heart breaking.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:49 pm

I agree with Eddie's post, also a bed is being taken up witch could be used for a child who has a chance of a normal life.
Sorry if that sounds cruel but it has to be said !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Then the hospital should let the parents take him home.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:09 pm

magica wrote:Then the hospital should let the parents take him home.

I think they are going to allow that Mags.
I also agree with Eddie that to see anyone, be it a child or an adult, exist in a vegetative state, with no possible hope of recovery, is not the best decision.
Its the same reason I believe people should have the right to choose when their own time is up. Obviously Alfie cant have that choice, so if I were the parent and I knew that everything the medical profession could do had been done, heart breaking though that must be, they must let him go peacefully now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:19 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:Then the hospital should let the parents take him home.

I also agree with Eddie that to see anyone, be it a child or an adult, exist in a vegetative state, with no possible hope of recovery, is not the best decision.
Its the same reason I believe people should have the right to choose when their own time is up. Obviously Alfie cant have that choice, so if I were the parent and I knew that everything the medical profession could do had been done, heart breaking though that must be, they must let him go peacefully now.

It’s kinder on everyone, to let him go. They did all they could.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:27 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

It’s kinder on everyone, to let him go. They did all they could.

Yes, its hard to judge them because we are not in their shoes, but I never understood Alfies dad saying he wanted to keep him alive as long as possible so he could die a hero.....heroics don't enter into a tragedy like this.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:31 pm

Well that’s the part I don’t always understand about people. They often do things for their wants rather than another’s needs.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:35 pm

eddie wrote:Well that’s the part I don’t always understand about people. They often do things for their wants rather than another’s needs.

Sadly I agree.
When the media gets involved, I sometimes think the parents can be carried along on the wave of publicity and notoriety, plus other people who don't know the facts are urging them to fight on....and the cause becomes more important than the child.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:21 am

[*]The Royal Liverpool Hospital Trust has emailed the warning to its 5,500 workers 
[*]Police say they are ready to arrest trolls threatening Alder Hey and its staff
[*]'Sick' minority sent threat to 'burn down' hospital and also heard chanting it
[*]Alfie's family and supporters have been appalled by threats and urged it to stop 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5659717/Supporters-Alfie-Evans-family-make-sick-threats-BURN-Alder-Hey-Hospital.html#ixzz5DqLjG9JO 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:07 am

Parents have given up the idea of taking Alfie to Italy and trying to mend bridges with doctors at hospital.

The crowd outside turned into a baying mob and the dad has asked them to go home now.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:44 pm

Didge wrote:[*]The Royal Liverpool Hospital Trust has emailed the warning to its 5,500 workers 
[*]Police say they are ready to arrest trolls threatening Alder Hey and its staff
[*]'Sick' minority sent threat to 'burn down' hospital and also heard chanting it
[*]Alfie's family and supporters have been appalled by threats and urged it to stop 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5659717/Supporters-Alfie-Evans-family-make-sick-threats-BURN-Alder-Hey-Hospital.html#ixzz5DqLjG9JO 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Its disgusting that staff and visitors at the hospital have been so intimidated by this baying rentamob who are gathered outside and threatening and naming people on social media.

Its sad that Alfies dad felt the need to release statements saying the Dr's looked down on him, avoided him, and gave him smug looks when they saw him at the hospital, that may have been how he felt, but his emotions were obviously all over the place. In publicly making personal remarks about the Drs and nurses, he has encouraged the mindless idiots to jump on his bandwagon....and the result is this.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:39 pm

I agree Syl, rent a mob has bought this terrible heartbreak into a farce. Threatening staff, bullying, they're not doing this for Alfie, they're just nasty, spineless mob.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:23 pm

Some "Mothers" even brought their children there ! Mad
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:38 pm

Some had cans of something, could be soft drinks of course. The behaviour of these people was awful,its a hospital and they are outside shouting, not caring about Alfie let alone other patients.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:49 pm

Alfie is now at peace.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down