NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whinging Welsh Woman's Beefeater Ban

+2
nicko
veya_victaous
6 posters

Go down

Whinging Welsh Woman's Beefeater Ban Empty Whinging Welsh Woman's Beefeater Ban

Post by veya_victaous Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:01 am

A WOMAN has been banned from her favourite restaurant after complaining about the food on six out of her seven most recent visits.

Kelly Smith, from Wales, said she was “livid” after she received a letter from the owners of her local branch of the Beefeater pub chain, which asked her not to return.

The 36-year-old said she regularly visited the pub in Coldra in Wales with her eight-year-old son as he was a fan of the garlic bread, while she liked taking advantage of discounts offered through the eatery’s rewards club.

She told the South Wales Argus she had made a “handful of complaints” in the past two months, and had received refunds as a result.

But Ms Smith denied purposely complaining in order to get freebies.

“I’ve complained because the steaks weren’t cooked as well as I would like, and once I waited over an hour for a meal,” she told the publication.

“Another time my son’s burger was too tough for him to enjoy.

“The staff have always been great and every time they’ve offered a refund or another meal, it’s not something I’ve ever asked for.”

The letter sent to Ms Smith allegedly stated: “We believe as the Coldra, Beefeater are so clearly unable to meet your requirements in terms of the food quality and the level of service provided, that it would be appropriate if you would kindly refrain from visiting the restaurant in future.”

The mother of one told the South Wales Argus she had contacted Whitbread, the company that owns the Beefeater chain, after receiving the letter.

She was allegedly told staff had been “keeping tabs on her” following her series of complaints.

A Beefeater spokesperson told the South Wales Argus: “On the past six out of seven visits Miss Smith has complained in order to receive a refund on her meal,” the spokesperson said.

“Our team work very hard to provide all our guests with a welcoming and enjoyable experience; however, it has become evident that we are unable to meet Miss Smith’s particular requirements.”

Ms Smith said the ban was “outrageous” and that staff should have spoken to her in person before mailing the letter.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/mum-banned-from-restaurant-after-string-of-complaints-led-to-refunds/news-story/d460944679e4963603537e04e39aed0a
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Whinging Welsh Woman's Beefeater Ban Empty Re: Whinging Welsh Woman's Beefeater Ban

Post by nicko Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:32 am

Trying to get "freebies" otherwise why keep going there?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Whinging Welsh Woman's Beefeater Ban Empty Re: Whinging Welsh Woman's Beefeater Ban

Post by veya_victaous Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:22 am

that's What the pub thinks no doubt
sounds like it to me too Wink
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:04 am

Obviously doesn't suit her taste, why is she going back again and again, you can get gralic bread anywhere including a supermarket. Caught out there I think, who'd want to have her back only to have to refund her all the time.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:46 pm

Vintage wrote:Obviously doesn't suit her taste, why is she going back again and again, you can get gralic bread anywhere including a supermarket.  Caught out there I think, who'd want to have her back only to have to refund her all the time.

She keeps going back because she really likes the place. She keeps complaining because she thinks she can scam free food.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:25 pm

I’m pretty sure she can find some garlic bread elsewhere for her son to enjoy. She sounds like a nightmare customer!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:42 pm

A freeloader, wanting something for nothing. Evil or Very Mad

magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down