NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC Panorama Exposes The Student Visa "Free For All"

2 posters

Go down

BBC Panorama Exposes The Student Visa "Free For All" Empty BBC Panorama Exposes The Student Visa "Free For All"

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:37 am

10th February 2014

Approximately 200,000 foreigners come to Britain every year "to study" - most are fake and never actually do any studying.

A BBC Panorama investigation exposing rampant fraud in the student visa system.

The programme exposed widespread abuse, including language tests at ‘trusted’ colleges taken by fluent English speakers, and multiple choice tests in which answers were read out by the invigilators.

It also revealed a network of criminal immigration agents providing, for a fee, any document required to get around Home Office checks.

Consultants offered undercover reporters a guaranteed pass in an English language test for £500 and a bank statement showing they had enough money to support themselves for £250.

They were also offered an ‘all in’ package of everything needed for a visa for £2,800.

One lawyer told the programme the student visa system was now a criminal ‘free for all’.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2555459/Theresa-Mays-grave-fears-student-visas-Huge-fraud-revealed-lets-200-000.html#ixzz2sujEEg76
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

BBC Panorama Exposes The Student Visa "Free For All" Empty Re: BBC Panorama Exposes The Student Visa "Free For All"

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:39 am

There is so much more to be done!

Under the coalition, more than 700 colleges have been banned from bringing students in to the country from outside the EU.

New tests, including English language and means testing, have been introduced to try and stop bogus students coming to Britain to work.

The programme will prompt further calls for tighter controls on the student visa system.

But there is significant opposition to new controls from the education sector, which makes millions every year from the 200,000 foreign students entering the country.

Another 100,000 students already here have their visas extended

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2555459/Theresa-Mays-grave-fears-student-visas-Huge-fraud-revealed-lets-200-000.html#ixzz2sukoBdfd

Watch this important wake-up call here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006t14n

Back to top Go down

BBC Panorama Exposes The Student Visa "Free For All" Empty Re: BBC Panorama Exposes The Student Visa "Free For All"

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:41 pm

BigAndy9 wrote:10th February 2014

Approximately 200,000 foreigners come to Britain every year "to study" - most are fake and never actually do any studying.

The programme exposed widespread abuse, including language tests at ‘trusted’ colleges taken by fluent English speakers, and multiple choice tests in which answers were read out by the invigilators.

It also revealed a network of criminal immigration agents providing, for a fee, any document required to get around Home Office checks.

Consultants offered undercover reporters a guaranteed pass in an English language test for £500 and a bank statement showing they had enough money to support themselves for £250.

They were also offered an ‘all in’ package of everything needed for a visa for £2,800.

One lawyer told the programme the student visa system was now a criminal ‘free for all’.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2555459/Theresa-Mays-grave-fears-student-visas-Huge-fraud-revealed-lets-200-000.html#ixzz2sujEEg76

They have only shown what everyone knew but I guess it is good to see it in the open..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:33 pm

I've seen cases of this on the programme on telly called border security or something similar...

Very worrying, one guy obviously had not a clue about anything a British and even said something to the effect that he was going to live in Buckingham palace ffs!

The tears were turned on when it was revealed by border staff that he was intending to work and not to study, as well as his fake college letter from Pakistan being exposed.

Most likely going to work in some Kebab shop.

Although I'm all for folk getting a chance to better their life,  we do not have the resources to support mass illegal immigrants by way of housing or health care via the NHS, so people who wish to live here should go through the proper channels and make sure they have so much life savings so as not to become a burden on our welfare system etc.

We would be required to have our own finances , house, healthcare etc if we emigrated to another country, Britain needs to be seen as getting tougher and no longer a soft touch.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:22 pm

the figures never add up either, it should be simple mathematics that the amount who try to enter the country, minus the amount who are accepted should equal the amount sent home but it never ever does, how come, where and how do they all disappear in to society.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain May Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:45 pm

I fear this is the tip of the iceberg but again it is local government to blame. There has been no real effort to control borders none at all during the last government and precious little extra effort under this coalition.

I fear we are out of step with European neighbours who aren't so squeamish at controlling borders.

I blame a vocal left element who are avidly anti racism who confuse border control with state racism. The last government seemed to have been in sympathy with that view. The local politicians are like rabbits in the headlights of an oncoming cars.

Captain May
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:50 pm

I don't think the left confuse border controls with state racism at all. In fact it was the left that pointed out the difficulties border control faced when their funds were cut, and I seem to remember Theresa May coming under a lot of fire when she said that people should just be let through to cut queues.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain May Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:56 pm

I was referring to a period well before the budget cuts when money was flowing freely. Have you a commentary on that?

Labour has come clean now whilst denying it for years. I am simply saying border controls aren't being controlled by Brussels they are the responsibility of the local government.

Personally for community cohesion I wold like to see borders controlled in a manner similar to that of Canada Australia etc.

Captain May
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:59 pm

You made a blanket statement that LW confuse border controls with state racism. Now, Blair wasn't LW for starters, and the only person who has ever said, let them in without checking, is Theresa May.

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain May Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:04 pm

Really wasn't that to do with the Olympics. I think you may find that Labour had a vision of forever changing the racial makeup of this country and in fact have recently acknowledge they made mistakes throughout their period in office. It wasn't they said nod them through they just had an open door because they had a vision.

My point is a wider one you get the politicians you deserve personally I think the EU wold run better if controls were implemented from the centre local politicians of all hues have failed us.

Captain May
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:05 am

Watched this last night with the wife - could not believe how deep and widespread the corruption was throughout the asian community.

Please all go and watch it on BBC iPlayer.

Entire schools and test centres (run by asians) locking the gates then bringing in people to sit tests for foreigners so they can come and live here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:51 pm

Sassy wrote:I don't think the left confuse border controls with state racism at all.   In fact it was the left that pointed out the difficulties border control faced when their funds were cut, and I seem to remember Theresa May coming under a lot of fire when she said that people should just be let through to cut queues.

But funds weren't cut under Labour were they?

And that's when most of this went on Sassy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2014 9:52 am

Why did it take another news outlet to reveal this AGAIN for Mrs May to order an investigation?

Come on government, listen to the people, listen to BigAndy9 - take action immediately.

No more investigations!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat May 17, 2014 10:01 am

'Most' are fake? I know many are indeed fake but to say most is something different. Foreign students bring billions to our economy every single year and the huge fees they have to pay for courses subsidize a lot of British students who have to take loans they may never actually pay back.

I agree the system should not be able to be abused but to say most are fake is just wrong; putting foreign students off coming here would cost this country and our educational institutions a lot of money as well as international recognition as one of the best countries to come and study.
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2014 10:05 am

Eilzel wrote:

'Most' are fake? I know many are indeed fake but to say most is something different. Foreign students bring billions to our economy every single year and the huge fees they have to pay for courses subsidize a lot of British students who have to take loans they may never actually pay back.

I agree the system should not be able to be abused but to say most are fake is just wrong; putting foreign students off coming here would cost this country and our educational institutions a lot of money as well as international recognition as one of the best countries to come and study.

That is a myth.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2014 10:12 am

Some light reading for you Eli:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2523527/How-foreign-students-fleecing-Britain.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26024375

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2014 10:15 am

Just listening to Sky News about how passes for the exam for immigrants to prove their knowledge of English are being sold for £500 without the person having to even show up. It's never-ending... we're being taken for mugs left, right and centre.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eilzel Sat May 17, 2014 10:19 am

BigAndy9 wrote:
Eilzel wrote:

That is a myth.

Rubbish; I know a few foreign students over here. Their fees were around £15,000 a year and they have to pay it within the year; and on top of that is the money the pay in accommodation, all city centre, and the money they spend on things- and as you can imagine, a foreigner coming here who can afford to pay that much to study abroad can afford to spend on a lot more, and they do.

From the Independent: "international students are estimated to contribute over £7.9 billion a year to the UK economy."

http://www.independent.co.uk/student/news/where-is-the-love-majority-of-international-students-in-the-uk-do-not-feel-welcome-9120007.html
Eilzel
Eilzel
Speaker of the House

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2014 10:54 am

Eilzel wrote:
BigAndy9 wrote:

That is a myth.

Rubbish; I know a few foreign students over here. Their fees were around £15,000 a year and they have to pay it within the year; and on top of that is the money the pay in accommodation, all city centre, and the money they spend on things- and as you can imagine, a foreigner coming here who can afford to pay that much to study abroad can afford to spend on a lot more, and they do.

From the Independent: "international students are estimated to contribute over £7.9 billion a year to the UK economy."

http://www.independent.co.uk/student/news/where-is-the-love-majority-of-international-students-in-the-uk-do-not-feel-welcome-9120007.html
Les you're talking about 'real' foreign students, and I agree they contribute to the economy. Most of these are from countries like China and Japan. I think the problem lies in the bogus Colleges and the corrupt people that run them and make a lot of money by selling their fake degrees and fake places. TBH if I were young and from a third world dump and had enough money to buy one of these places, I confess, I would. Who could blame them?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 17, 2014 12:09 pm

Tesstacious wrote:Just listening to Sky News about how passes for the exam for immigrants to prove their knowledge of English are being sold for £500 without the person having to even show up.  It's never-ending... we're being taken for mugs left, right and centre.

Ah now, thats not fair, they do engage long enough to get the student grants and loans  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down