NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golliwogs can STAY, council officials rule despite complaints over pub's display of 'racist' rag dolls

2 posters

Go down

Golliwogs can STAY, council officials rule despite complaints over pub's display of 'racist' rag dolls   Empty Golliwogs can STAY, council officials rule despite complaints over pub's display of 'racist' rag dolls

Post by Guest Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:20 pm

[*]The White Hart in Grays, Essex, is allowed to keep the golliwog's behind the bar
[*]Thurrock Council launched a probe after receiving an anonymous complaint
[*]But landlord Chris Ryley and wife Bernice refused to remove the dolls
[*]Council officials confirmed that no further action will be taken against the pub

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5558963/Golliwogs-STAY-council-officials-rule-despite-complaints-pubs-doll-display.html#ixzz5B9hW3BRO 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Golliwogs can STAY, council officials rule despite complaints over pub's display of 'racist' rag dolls   Empty Re: Golliwogs can STAY, council officials rule despite complaints over pub's display of 'racist' rag dolls

Post by Syl Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:51 pm

So they have the continued choice of 'hanging' their gollywogs from the shelf....and people have the free choice to either drink there or not.

Personally I wouldn't feel comfortable drinking in a pub where the landlord is so stuck in his outdated views, but if the pub is busy, obviously others don't mind.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Golliwogs can STAY, council officials rule despite complaints over pub's display of 'racist' rag dolls   Empty Re: Golliwogs can STAY, council officials rule despite complaints over pub's display of 'racist' rag dolls

Post by magica Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:25 pm

I don't see golliwogs as black people, never have.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:28 pm

magica wrote:I don't see golliwogs as black people, never have.

Well I don't see cabbage patch dolls as cabbages, but then I'm not a cabbage. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:46 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:I don't see golliwogs as black people, never have.

Well I don't see cabbage patch dolls as cabbages, but then I'm not a cabbage. Razz

You sure Twisted Evil
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:46 pm

magica wrote:
Syl wrote:

You sure Twisted Evil

Cheeky mare. snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:52 pm

Syl wrote:
magica wrote:

You sure Twisted Evil

Cheeky mare. snobby

Golliwogs can STAY, council officials rule despite complaints over pub's display of 'racist' rag dolls   3489511464 Golliwogs can STAY, council officials rule despite complaints over pub's display of 'racist' rag dolls   3489511464 Golliwogs can STAY, council officials rule despite complaints over pub's display of 'racist' rag dolls   3489511464

Golliwogs can STAY, council officials rule despite complaints over pub's display of 'racist' rag dolls   4211521542
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down