NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ohio 7th-grader shoots self at Jackson Memorial Middle School

3 posters

Go down

Ohio 7th-grader shoots self at Jackson Memorial Middle School Empty Ohio 7th-grader shoots self at Jackson Memorial Middle School

Post by eddie Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:58 pm

Ohio 7th-grader shoots self at Jackson Memorial Middle School

JACKSON TOWNSHIP, OH (WOIO) -
Schools in the Jackson Local School District in Stark County are on lockdown after a seventh grade student shot himself on a middle school campus.

Just before 8 a.m., a student shot himself in the men's restroom at Jackson Memorial Middle School, according to Jackson Township Police.

The school is about 55 miles south of Cleveland.

Police say the boy was transported to a nearby hospital.

His condition is not known at this time.

RELATED: Scared son texts mom last wishes during lockdown after Ohio student shoots self at Jackson Memorial Middle School (video)

Police have not said if the shooting is accidental or intentional, but they are calling it self-inflicted.

All other students and faculty members were no injured.

Hundreds of parents gathered outside of the school as school officials worked to safely dismiss students from Jackson Memorial Middle School.

As a precautionary measure, four district elementary schools are closed Tuesday.

The area high school is in the process of being evacuated. Also, all evening activities are canceled.

Grief counselors will be available to students impacted by the incident.

http://www.cleveland19.com/story/37545230/live-7th-grader-shoots-self-at-jackson-memorial-middle-school-students-dismissed-after-lockdown
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Ohio 7th-grader shoots self at Jackson Memorial Middle School Empty Re: Ohio 7th-grader shoots self at Jackson Memorial Middle School

Post by Cass Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:13 pm

Again nearby me we had something similar happen. A 14 year old boy in the school bathroom.

It’s heartbreaking.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Ohio 7th-grader shoots self at Jackson Memorial Middle School Empty Re: Ohio 7th-grader shoots self at Jackson Memorial Middle School

Post by eddie Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:26 pm

Something in the food or the water. Something just out of whack over there.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:39 pm

eddie wrote:Something in the food or the water. Something just out of whack over there.

Not really. 2 separate issues I think. About access to guns and mental health in young people. Who knows if this boy would’ve tried pills or hanging himself. They are certainly harder to accomplish and maybe would have made him change his mind instead of just picking up a gun and pulling the trigger.

As one who has been down that dark hole, I’m certainly glad that I didn’t have access to guns. While thinking long and hard about it, I was able to talk myself down. Another time I came very close but was found. At first I hated that person but with qualified help and medication, I was able to live again. With access to guns there is no chance of that happening for the most part.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:39 pm

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:Something in the food or the water. Something just out of whack over there.

Not really. 2 separate issues I think. About access to guns and mental health in young people. Who knows if this boy would’ve tried pills or hanging himself. They are certainly harder to accomplish and maybe would have made him change his mind instead of just picking up a gun and pulling the trigger.

As one who has been down that dark hole, I’m certainly glad that I didn’t have access to guns. While thinking long and hard about it, I was able to talk myself down. Another time I came very close but was found. At first I hated that person but with qualified help and medication, I was able to live again. With access to guns there is no chance of that happening for the most part.

I’m sorry you got to that point. That must have been one awful, lonely, dark and distressing time.
I am so very, very glad you got through it and you’re still here x

The boy in the OP is in seventh grade. That’s so young.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:42 pm

eddie wrote:
Cass wrote:

I’m sorry you got to that point. That must have been one awful, lonely, dark and distressing time.
I am so very, very glad you got through it and you’re still here x

The boy in the OP is in seventh grade. That’s so young.

Mine was from 15-19. It can strike at any age. There is still so much stigma against being open about mental health, especially among men. They can admit to a broken leg or even penis but not a broken brain?

Thanks love xx
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:47 pm

I think you’re a fucking great advert for making life work out for you.
You should think about being a counsellor of some sort, you have much to offer.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:01 pm

eddie wrote:I think you’re a fucking great advert for making life work out for you.

Believe it or not I get to be sort of one by being a librarian. As well as a social worker. It can be very physically and emotionally draining and I don’t know if I have enough of the switch off factor to do it full time, but I appreciate the compliment very much thank you x
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:20 pm

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:I think you’re a fucking great advert for making life work out for you.

Believe it or not I get to be sort of one by being a librarian. As well as a social worker. It can be very physically and emotionally draining and I don’t know if I have enough of the switch off factor to do it full time,  but I appreciate the compliment very much thank you x

Just very glad you’re here to tell your tale and do your cooking x
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:14 pm

I don't know about kids, but our suicide rates are not that high. If you look at where they are high, it is a bit odd. Japan and S. Korea are to be expected, but then there are places like Finland and Estonia that don't make a lot of sense.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:25 am

Read this today also:

Russian girl, 15, films farewell to her family before she and her sister, 12, jump to their deaths from 10th-storey home in suspected Blue Whale suicide 'game' tragedy

Half-sisters were found dead on pavement underneath Izhevsk apartment block

The girls' phones and computers will be studied for evidence of a suicide 'game'

Police said that Blue Whale and similar groups prey on depressed young people

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5412217/Two-Russian-girls-fell-deaths-Izhevsk-flat.html#ixzz57hZMR7S6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:07 am

Didge wrote:Read this today also:

Russian girl, 15, films farewell to her family before she and her sister, 12, jump to their deaths from 10th-storey home in suspected Blue Whale suicide 'game' tragedy

Half-sisters were found dead on pavement underneath Izhevsk apartment block

The girls' phones and computers will be studied for evidence of a suicide 'game'

Police said that Blue Whale and similar groups prey on depressed young people

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5412217/Two-Russian-girls-fell-deaths-Izhevsk-flat.html#ixzz57hZMR7S6
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"Hundreds of Russian children and teenagers are feared to have taken their lives in recent years after being brainwashed by sick online mentors to complete 50 steps which culminates in suicide."

Who in the holy hell would create a game like this? No

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down