NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'The whole thing could just pop off'

NewsFix :: Sport :: Sport

Go down

'The whole thing could just pop off' Empty 'The whole thing could just pop off'

Post by veya_victaous Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:55 am

Yura Min was on thin ice during the team figure skating team short dance when, skating with partner Alexander Gamelin for South Korea, Min experienced a nightmare.

Given the athleticism of ice dancing, the hooks on those costumes can come under a lot of stress, and Min had a sinking feeling as it gave way.

“I was like, ‘Oh no!’ ” she said. “If that comes undone, the whole thing could just pop off. I was terrified the entire program.”

She kept skating, albeit it with gritted teeth and while improvising with Gamelin, with her arms held back to keep her top in place in what was only the biggest competition of her life. She was especially vulnerable during her twizzles, a synchronized side-by-side move.

“It started to come down so I had to stop my twizzle and pull it back up,” she said (via the Associated Press).

And Tonya Harding thought her broken skate lace was a big deal. Luckily, Min was spared the biggest wardrobe fail this side of Janet Jackson’s Super Bowl halftime show.

“This is my first Olympics, our first program and if my top were to come down, that would have been a disaster” she said. “I was very nervous that the entire thing was going to come off.”

Phew.

'The whole thing could just pop off' BBIZxqY

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/winter-olympics/the-whole-thing-could-just-pop-off-south-korean-figure-skater-battles-wardrobe-malfunction/ar-BBIZDf8?li=AAgfLCP&ocid=ientp
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down