NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The One Thing You Should Know, Before You Die

+5
captain
Ben Reilly
Miffs2
Syl
eddie
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The One Thing You Should Know, Before You Die  Empty The One Thing You Should Know, Before You Die

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:41 am

"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives."

This is a motivational video by Prince Ea that everyone should take 5 minutes to listen to.

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-videos/4292/The-One-Thing-You-Should-Know-Before-You-Die#WQxd2yPEofk9lzdy.99

Back to top Go down

The One Thing You Should Know, Before You Die  Empty Re: The One Thing You Should Know, Before You Die

Post by eddie Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:19 pm

Yep great video.

A lot of people are "slowly dying" whilst being alive.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The One Thing You Should Know, Before You Die  Empty Re: The One Thing You Should Know, Before You Die

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:21 pm

Agreed, to live life you have to set yourself free in order to live your life to the full.

It means being able to let go of a great many things that deny us expressing who we are.

Thought his deliverance as well was very impressive

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:46 pm

It was a bit manic though.

I was always told "If at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again"....and "You only live once so make it count"...and it was all good advice.
But....what about the person who is content to just drift along with no great goals and ambitions?

There is something to be said for contentment.
I imagine people like that at the end of their lives have no regrets either.
Not everyone wants to light up the world.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:56 pm

Well said Syl

Some people live to work just to acquire things we cannot take with us.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:26 pm

eddie wrote:Well said Syl

Yup. No point in being the richest corpse in the graveyard.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:04 pm

Thanks Eddie. x

I gave the title to this thread some thought.
The most important thing I want to know as I lie on my death bed is that my family, especially son and grandsons and the families they may have are able to live life happily after I am gone..
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:18 pm

And that's all we ever want isn't it? To know loved ones are going to be ok.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:26 pm

Yep. I think rather than regretting what we have not done the thought that the people we leave behind are OK would be the most common thought of the dying.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:24 pm

This is actually one of my big problems with the concept of the afterlife -- it seems to make a lot of people not worried about having a good life now.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:53 pm

Syl wrote:

Thanks Eddie. x

The most important thing I want to know as I lie on my death bed is that my family, especially son and grandsons and the families they may have are able to live life happily after I am gone..

Have not watched this clip yet, not feeling up to it to tbh.

But agreed with you both on the subject.
Living for me is be able to make my own choices by being peaceful with my dog and not have to live amongst people that are aggressive, intrusive and loud. Doing good so far these last few months.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:57 pm

captainJane wrote:
Syl wrote:

Thanks Eddie. x

Living for me is be able to make my own choices by being peaceful with my dog and not have to live amongst people that are aggressive, intrusive and loud. Doing good so far these last few months.

Never lose faith in humanity

Some are bad, but in the main humanity is generally very good.

We should always though have the most faith in ourselves.

Strength comes from within and I am sure you are a mountain of strength for others

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:58 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:This is actually one of my big problems with the concept of the afterlife -- it seems to make a lot of people not worried about having a good life now.

Agreed and is the biggest problem with the Abrahamic faiths, that they want the end of times to happen

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:00 pm

Ben_Reilly wrote:This is actually one of my big problems with the concept of the afterlife -- it seems to make a lot of people not worried about having a good life now.

Maybe they just have different ideas to you as to what constitutes a "good life".
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:08 pm

and they can keep it too....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero
INTERNAL SECURITY DIRECTOR

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:11 pm

didge wrote:
captainJane wrote:

Strength comes from within and I am sure you are a mountain of strength for others

For some reason I fly into action when I keep swearing to myself I won't help anyone again. But as for faith in humanity that has dwindled hugely I am ashamed to say, especially to someone like you @didge.   Hope my faith is restored again one day but for now it is just like all the joy I once felt with people has all but gone for now. Except I still have faith in you crazy hounds. Wink

Last edited by captainJane on Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:12 pm

Lord Foul wrote:and they can keep it too....

How kind of you to give them permission to live the way they want to. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:13 pm

captainJane wrote:
didge wrote:

For some reason I fly into action when I keen swearing to myself I won't help anyone again. But as for faith in humanity that has dwindled hugely I am ashamed to say, especially to someone like you @didge.   Hope my faith is restored again one day but for now it is just like all the joy I once felt with people has all but gone for now. Except I still have faith for you crazy hounds. Wink

Its always hard when people let us all down at times, but that never allows me to lose faith in others and they can always surprise us when we least expect this. I have faith in you and I am sure others do so also.

Keep the Faith.

x

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:16 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:and they can keep it too....

I'm feeling magnanimous Rolling Eyes
Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:39 pm

I simply cannot understand those people who worry about possessions and 'status'.  I'd rather have dog hair on the carpet and the love of a dog, I'd rather have sticky fingermarks on the walls and broken vases than do without my grandchildren, I'd rather have no money in the bank and know my children are fed and comfortable, my treasures are my photos of family and friends that remind me of lovely memories, my wealth is the love I have from them and from my OH and my dog, my strength is knowing that one day I will be part of the universe and in time so will they.

I have lived my life to the full and then some, and now I'm quite content to find happiness in the small things.

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:41 pm

Lord Foul wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

I'm feeling magnanimous Rolling Eyes

Or being an ass maybe? Lord almighty.

Night all.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:41 pm

Dog hair on the carpet does suck though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:45 pm

So does my Hoover, which is the pet type, extra strong (you can't by them anymore) and deals with it perfectly efficently, not that it bothers me in the least.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:49 pm

sassy wrote:I simply cannot understand those people who worry about possessions and 'status'.  I'd rather have dog hair on the carpet and the love of a dog, I'd rather have sticky fingermarks on the walls and broken vases than do without my grandchildren, I'd rather have no money in the bank and know my children are fed and comfortable, my treasures are my photos of family and friends that remind me of lovely memories, my wealth is the love I have from them and from my OH and my dog, my strength is knowing that one day I will be part of the universe and in time so will they.

I have lived my life to the full and then some, and now I'm quite content to find happiness in the small things.

Well I think most do not aspire to be like you that is for sure
But thanks for sharing your views, which failed to grasp what essentially he was saying
That people do often regret later in life the many things they have not done.

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:01 pm

Stormee wrote:
sassy wrote:I simply cannot understand those people who worry about possessions and 'status'.  I'd rather have dog hair on the carpet and the love of a dog, I'd rather have sticky fingermarks on the walls and broken vases than do without my grandchildren, I'd rather have no money in the bank and know my children are fed and comfortable, my treasures are my photos of family and friends that remind me of lovely memories, my wealth is the love I have from them and from my OH and my dog, my strength is knowing that one day I will be part of the universe and in time so will they.

Those who do NOT worry about money possessions and status have probably NEVER had/earned any and are useless scroungers, totally reliant upon our society.

Working for something nice and being proud gives one a goal to aim for.

How many off us would turn down a present go a golden pig?

How little you know.  I've lived my life to the full, always worked on the priciple you only regret what you don't do, so I've done it.  I've had times I've had money and times I've been so stony broke I've lived on rice and beans for two weeks.   Money and thinks buy you nothing, people and love give you everything of value.

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:03 pm

Stormee wrote:

Those who do NOT worry about money possessions and status have probably NEVER had/earned any and are useless scroungers, totally reliant upon our society.

Another way of looking at it. Makes us slaves with very little time to be with those we love, even parts us from those we want to be with for months and sometimes even years. Just saying.
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:04 pm

captainJane wrote:
Stormee wrote:

Another way of looking at it. Makes us slaves with very little time to be with those we love, even parts us from those we want to be with for months and sometimes even years. Just saying.

Spot on Jane.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:06 pm

Stormee wrote:
sassy wrote:

How little you know.  I've lived my life to the full, always worked on the priciple you only regret what you don't do, so I've done it.  I've had times I've had money and times I've been so stony broke I've lived on rice and beans for two weeks.   Money and thinks buy you nothing, people and love give you everything of value.

o yeah, I believe you.

Don't give a dman if you do or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:09 pm

captainJane wrote:
Stormee wrote:

Good point, as materialism is a sad reality on life that effects many.
Time is a luxury we really do not have and to spend that time in the company of love is always best

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:46 pm

Stormee wrote:
didge wrote:
captainJane wrote:

Time is a luxury we really do not have and to spend that time in the company of love is always best

Going through life HAVING is better than NOT HAVING.
The have nots would rather be the havers.
What is the point of being with loved ones in misery if you can make the opposite happen for them?

what you desire with your "having" though is dependant upon what YOU personally value isnt it

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:48 pm

Stormee wrote:
didge wrote:

What is the point of being with loved ones in misery if you can make the opposite happen for them?

How is that misery if you need money to feel good about yourself?

That means your happiness is dependent on wealth.

It then comes at a cost

I have nothing against wealthy people or those successful, but thinking you need wealth to be happy is flawed

Back to top Go down

Post by Victorismyhero Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:15 am

didge wrote:
Stormee wrote:
didge wrote:

How is that misery if you need money to feel good about yourself?

That means your happiness is dependent on wealth.

It then comes at a cost

I have nothing against wealthy people or those successful, but thinking you need wealth to be happy is flawed

agreed.....

Victorismyhero
Victorismyhero

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:24 pm

The problem I've got with this video, is that not everybody can pursue a dream. It's not always about what we don't do but what we can't do. Circumstance and fate is something we have little control over. It's all very well saying Do you have a dream? If so, pursue it.

Try saying that to a slumdog in Mumbai, sifting through rubbish to eke a living or a crippled 5 year old in Cairo selling flowers to keep her family of five alive.

And if you think I'm exaggerating I'm not. I personally saw that five year old weaving through traffic, leading her blind father and selling carnations to the drivers and passengers. As tourists, we purchased her entire bunch, a measly 20 Egyptian dollars (£5 at that time). It kept her family in food for a month.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:27 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:The problem I've got with this video, is that not everybody can pursue a dream.  It's not always about what we don't do but what we can't do.   Circumstance and fate is something we have little control over.   It's all very well saying Do you have a dream?  If so, pursue it.  

Try saying that to a slumdog in Mumbai, sifting through rubbish to eke a living or a crippled 5 year old  in Cairo selling flowers to keep her family of five alive.  

And if you think I'm exaggerating I'm not.   I personally saw that five year old weaving through traffic, leading her blind father and selling carnations to the drivers  and passengers.  As tourists, we purchased her entire bunch, a measly 20 Egyptian dollars (£5 at that time).   It kept her family in food for a month.

Yes fate and circumstances will play a part for some people, but to go off that as a reason for then yourself and others not to do so, is kidding yourself. There is nothing stopping many people and the fact we should be all looking to get those children in Mumbai off the streets should be one of those goals. Hence for those to say they have lived the best lives when so much work has not been done is clearly a falsehood, when there isso much more to be achieved and striven for

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:27 pm

I personally believe that true happiness comes from giving. All the unhappy people I've ever met never gave. All they did was take.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:51 pm

captainJane wrote:
Syl wrote:

Thanks Eddie. x

Good for you Captain Jane.
Living in peace surely helps the process of dying in peace.
I personally doubt the majority of people regret what they didn't do as they are on their way out....I should think most would be contented to know they had lived in peace when they could.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:43 pm

didge wrote:"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives."

This is a motivational video by Prince Ea that everyone should take 5 minutes to listen to.

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/happy-videos/4292/The-One-Thing-You-Should-Know-Before-You-Die#WQxd2yPEofk9lzdy.99

Brilliant! Who is this guy. Wish I had watched this last night. Thanks for sharing didge. Wink

@Syl. I was about to boot you in the neither regions, thinking you had written me off already. Then I listened to these words. I get you now! x
captain
captain
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:03 pm

captainJane wrote:
didge wrote:"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives."

Brilliant! Who is this guy. Wish I had watched this last night. Thanks for sharing didge. Wink

@Syl. I was about to boot you in the neither regions, thinking you had written me off already.  Then I listened to these words. I get you now! x

You are welcome CJ

I think he was brilliant as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:05 pm

The One Thing You Should Know, Before You Die  0i9v9-life-time

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:42 pm

Stormee wrote:
Lord Foul wrote:

what you desire with your "having" though is dependant upon what YOU personally value isnt it

I personally believe my values to be the best I am able to get for my loved ones.

Good for you to believe in what you believe in Stormee....one thing is for sure, no one is going to die happy if they followed someone elses code and not their own.

Captain Jane....I'm glad you could see that in no way was I 'writing you off'....no such thing. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:46 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:I personally believe that true happiness comes from giving.   All the unhappy people I've ever met never gave.  All they did was take.

I think that's a lovely way to live...my mum always used to say the same. She didn't have a lot but she always shared what she had with the people she loved.
I think often times in life we see that the people who have the least are willing to share.....it's not a generosity of possessions more a generosity of the heart.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:58 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:I personally believe that true happiness comes from giving.   All the unhappy people I've ever met never gave.  All they did was take.

I think that's a lovely way to live...my mum always used to say the same. She didn't have a lot but she always shared what she had with the people she loved.
I think often times in life we see that the people who have the least are willing to share.....it's not a generosity of possessions more a generosity of the heart.

It's not just about material things, but emotionally as well, if not more so.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:07 pm

In my experience mean tight fisted people are usually mean and tight fisted with their emotions too.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:30 pm

Stormee wrote:Some people are so mean they would pinch a saddle off a nightmare.

I know em....they wouldn't give a door a bang. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next