NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biggest marriage shake-up in 200 years as heterosexual couples are granted civil partnerships

2 posters

Go down

Biggest marriage shake-up in 200 years as heterosexual couples are granted civil partnerships  Empty Biggest marriage shake-up in 200 years as heterosexual couples are granted civil partnerships

Post by Guest Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:38 am

Heterosexual couples will be given the right to enter civil partnerships after the Government ushered in the biggest shake up of marriage laws since the 1800s.

In a move that was derided as introducing “marriage-lite”, the Home Office said it would review the “operation” of civil partnerships – which are currently only available to homosexual couples – “so the difference in treatment in the current system is resolved”.

The reform is the most controversial of a series of changes that will mean couples are no longer given a marriage certificate on the day of their wedding and will not sign an official register on the day. A single electronic register will replace the current system of registers being held in churches.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2018/02/02/biggest-marriage-shake-up-200-years-heterosexual-couples-granted/

Back to top Go down

Biggest marriage shake-up in 200 years as heterosexual couples are granted civil partnerships  Empty Re: Biggest marriage shake-up in 200 years as heterosexual couples are granted civil partnerships

Post by eddie Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:01 pm

I don’t see the point. If a couple want to make a true commitment to each other then why not just get married?
A civil partnership just sounds to me like: “Yeah I love ya, I think, but I don’t love you the whole hog”

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Biggest marriage shake-up in 200 years as heterosexual couples are granted civil partnerships  Empty Re: Biggest marriage shake-up in 200 years as heterosexual couples are granted civil partnerships

Post by nicko Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:26 pm

+1
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down