NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trophy hunter gets what he deserves while hunting lions

+3
magica
'Wolfie
veya_victaous
7 posters

Go down

Trophy hunter gets what he deserves while hunting lions Empty Trophy hunter gets what he deserves while hunting lions

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:28 am

A Croatian trophy hunter has been shot dead as he tracked a lion in South Africa in the weekend.

Pero Jelinic, 75, was an experienced hunter who frequently travelled with the intention of adding to his already sizeable trophy collection.

A police spokesperson told News24 that the hunting party had killed one lion and were tracking a second when Mr Jelinic was struck by a stray bullet.

It remains unknown who fired the fatal shot, and police are investigating a case of culpable homicide as well as illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition.

Mr Jelinic was killed at Leeubosch Lodge, a remote farm in the North West province of South Africa where captive lions are bred to be hunted by paying visitors.

The controversial practice is legal in South Africa, with 200 'canned hunting' farms throughout the country.

Friend Slavko Pernar told Croatian newspaper Jutarnji List that Mr Jelinic's office was "full of trophies, deer and bear specimens and everything that could be hunted in Croatia and Europe."

"Pero was a passionate hunter of big and small game, and in search of that he travelled most of the world," Mr Pernar said.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/trophy-hunter-killed-while-stalking-lion/ar-BBIqzJT?li=AAgfIYZ&ocid=ientp

fiesta fiesta fiesta fiesta fiesta fiesta fiesta
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Trophy hunter gets what he deserves while hunting lions Empty Re: Trophy hunter gets what he deserves while hunting lions

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:12 am

cheers

Another scumbag corporatist poacher bites the dust...

What's the bet it was actually an orchestrated "hit" by one of his children or business partners ???
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Trophy hunter gets what he deserves while hunting lions Empty Re: Trophy hunter gets what he deserves while hunting lions

Post by magica Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:24 pm

Good, pity the lion didn't get to him first
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:43 pm

magica wrote:Good, pity the lion didn't get to him first
+1.  Twisted Evil
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:32 pm

Oops.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:40 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote: cheers

Another scumbag corporatist poacher bites the dust...

What's the bet it was actually an orchestrated "hit" by one of his children or business partners  ???

While canned hunts are not fair chase hunting, they are not poaching.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:41 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
A Croatian trophy hunter has been shot dead as he tracked a lion in South Africa in the weekend.

Pero Jelinic, 75, was an experienced hunter who frequently travelled with the intention of adding to his already sizeable trophy collection.  

A police spokesperson told News24 that the hunting party had killed one lion and were tracking a second when Mr Jelinic was struck by a stray bullet.

It remains unknown who fired the fatal shot, and police are investigating a case of culpable homicide as well as illegal possession of a firearm and ammunition.

Mr Jelinic was killed at Leeubosch Lodge, a remote farm in the North West province of South Africa where captive lions are bred to be hunted by paying visitors.

The controversial practice is legal in South Africa, with 200 'canned hunting' farms throughout the country.

Friend Slavko Pernar told Croatian newspaper Jutarnji List that Mr Jelinic's office was "full of trophies, deer and bear specimens and everything that could be hunted in Croatia and Europe."

"Pero was a passionate hunter of big and small game, and in search of that he travelled most of the world," Mr Pernar said.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/trophy-hunter-killed-while-stalking-lion/ar-BBIqzJT?li=AAgfIYZ&ocid=ientp

fiesta fiesta fiesta fiesta fiesta fiesta fiesta

Nobody deserves to die while engaged in a legal activity.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:42 pm

I fail to see what people are celebrating here.

Someone was killed

Is its wrong to kill animals as they claim, why celebrate a human being killed?

He was not doing anything illegal and its the South African Goverment that allows this. I dont see anyone objecting to that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:48 pm

Didge wrote:I fail to see what people are celebrating here.

Someone was killed

He was not doing anything illegal and its the South African Goverment that allows this. I dont see anyone objecting to that.

Millions of animals are killed every day by humans and other animals for a myriad of reasons. Humans do have an obligation to protect certain species. We have an obligation to use our brains and manage wildlife resources. Most African countries and South Africa specifically do an excellent job at this.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:50 pm

Maddog wrote:

Someone was killed

Millions of animals are killed every day by humans and other animals for a myriad of reasons.  Humans do have an obligation to protect certain species. We have an obligation to use our brains and manage wildlife resources.  Most African countries and South Africa specifically do an excellent job at this.  

I agree that on many situations humans are hypocritical as we eat meat, myself included in this.
This though is set up to cater for the sport of animals. Its not set up to protect other species.
They are breeding lions, simply to have them hunted.
Hence where the anger should be directed at, is with the South African Government that allows this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:57 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Millions of animals are killed every day by humans and other animals for a myriad of reasons.  Humans do have an obligation to protect certain species. We have an obligation to use our brains and manage wildlife resources.  Most African countries and South Africa specifically do an excellent job at this.  

I agree that on many situations humans are hypocritical as we eat meat, myself included in this.
This though is set up to cater for the sport of animals. Its not set up to protect other species.
Hence where the anger should be directed at, is with the South African Government that allows this.

And cows are bred to be consumed. That's why there is no shortage of cows.

As for hunting, Texas is much like Africa. We manage our wildlife both native and non native. That management includes hunting animals that would not be here if there wasn't money in hunting them. But that money is used for the benefit of all animals and even plants in the area.

The best thing for wild animals is proper management which includes harvesting certain animals. Getting adults to stop emoting like 8 year olds is one of the biggest threats to wildlife.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:00 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

And cows are bred to be consumed.  That's why there is no shortage of cows.  

As for hunting, Texas is much like Africa.  We manage our wildlife both native and non native. That management includes hunting animals that would not be here if there wasn't money in hunting them.  But that money is used for the benefit of all animals and even plants in the area.  

The best thing for wild animals is proper management which includes harvesting certain animals.  Getting adults to stop emoting like 8 year olds is one of the biggest threats to wildlife.  

Not the same thing at all is it?

Breeding to eat and breed animals for sport?

I have no problem with hunting when its to help solve problems, when there is thinkgs like an over balance. Or pest control. Which in reality, humnans have helped bring about, through the alteration of the environment.

As for hunting for sport, as to me its hardly sport or a fair contest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:45 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

And cows are bred to be consumed.  That's why there is no shortage of cows.  

As for hunting, Texas is much like Africa.  We manage our wildlife both native and non native. That management includes hunting animals that would not be here if there wasn't money in hunting them.  But that money is used for the benefit of all animals and even plants in the area.  

The best thing for wild animals is proper management which includes harvesting certain animals.  Getting adults to stop emoting like 8 year olds is one of the biggest threats to wildlife.  

Not the same thing at all is it?

Breeding to eat and breed animals for sport?

I have no problem with hunting when its to help solve problems, when there is thinkgs like an over balance. Or pest control. Which in reality, humnans have helped bring about, through the alteration of the environment.

As for hunting for sport, as to me its hardly sport or a fair contest.

Sport often leads to eating. Sport often leads to predator contro, whjich leads to eating. Sport often leads to funds to help pay for conservation methods. It's all kind of interrelated.

It's much like the fishing. Some is commercial, some is sport, yet all of it is managed to make sure we don't run out of fish. The difference is, most people don't think a salmon is cute.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:40 pm

'Canned' hunting has fuck all to do with conservation.   It is for profit, pure and simple.   The animals are bred in captivity, kept tame and then released so wankers can kill them.

I hope the bastard was stalked first and felt the fear those animals feel, and I hope his death wasn't instantaneous and that he suffered first.   That would be karma.  

Nobody, but nobody, has the right to go around killing animals for 'fun'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:43 pm

sassy wrote:'Canned' hunting has fuck all to do with conservation.   It is for profit, pure and simple.   The animals are bred in captivity, kept tame and then released so wankers can kill them.

I hope the bastard was stalked first and felt the fear those animals feel, and I hope his death wasn't instantaneous and that he suffered first.   That would be karma.  

What is hunting of exotics in an area that they have been bred and introduced?

Say a hunter want's to shoot a fallow deer in Texas? It's here for one reason only. To be hunted.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:44 pm

Maddog wrote:
sassy wrote:'Canned' hunting has fuck all to do with conservation.   It is for profit, pure and simple.   The animals are bred in captivity, kept tame and then released so wankers can kill them.

Say a hunter want's to shoot a fallow deer in Texas? It's here for one reason only. To be hunted.  

Well, guess you are emotionally retarded if that is what you think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:50 pm

sassy wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Well, guess you are emotionally retarded if that is what you think.

You tell me why deer from Germany are running around Texas? Did they swim here?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:50 pm

So Sassy, is happy this person was shot and killed and not at all bothered that the South African Government allows this. The fact you want him to suffer, proves what cruel person you are and vindictive.

How exactly is that Karma, when those truely guilty, the Government are sitting pretty? As one dead huntsman, is not going to close the facility down, is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:34 pm

]

I'm totally with you on this. I don't care if its legal, what fun can anyone get shooting an animal for sport.

I'm glad the hunters dead, I hope many more die by the very animals they track, to kill.

The animals are scared shitless, why can't they just leave them alone.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:38 pm

magica wrote:

]

I'm totally with you on this. I don't care if its legal, what fun can anyone get shooting an animal for sport.

I'm glad the hunters dead, I hope many more die by the very animals they track, to kill.

wow

So you think we should have the death penalty, for legal hunting?

Again missing the blatant point, that there are 200 such facilities in South Africa, which are legal.

That your anger should be directed at the South African Government.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:44 pm

magica wrote:

]

A lot of people enjoy hunting. A lot of people enjoy all manner of things. You don't have to understand it.

And how do you know animals are scared shitless? The typical wild animal has far less fear than domestic animals that are slaughtered. They are never loaded up on trucks. Never run through chutes and never hear other animals squalling.

They are just walking around and poof. In about 2-5 seconds it's lights out.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:46 pm

Eddie wrote:People are so stupid. Why would you threaten someone over farming animals? Just don’t eat meat products and campaign about your beliefs peacefully. Simple.
Maddog wrote:Because some people need to have their beliefs validated by shoving them down the throats of others.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:31 pm

Trophy hunter gets what he deserves while hunting lions 1399249160

That scumbag faux_"hunter" was a Croation businessman who had travelled to Africa "many times" for the sole purpose of shooting trapped and innocent wildlife -- no actual sport, skill or challenge involved anywhere along the line... Only money..

He dies under suspicious circumstances..

"Follow the money trail."
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:42 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

That scumbag faux_"hunter" was a Croation businessman who had travelled to Africa "many times" for the sole purpose of shooting trapped and innocent wildlife --  no actual sport, skill or challenge involved anywhere along the line...  Only money..

As opposed to guilty wildlife? Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:54 am

Didge wrote:
magica wrote:

wow

Again missing the blatant point, that there are 200 such facilities in South Africa, which are legal.

You're twisting words. I would like to see the hunters become the hunted same as when bulls gore Matadors. The animals are tormented, stalked before being killed.

Animals have feelings, so yes they must be scared, how can you think they're not.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:59 am

Someone was killed

because Not all humans are good Wink
so why give shit if a bad one dies? there are 7 billion more humans plenty left, Not like the Endangered species he killed.

Legality and Morality are not the same thing. Clearly since canned hunting is legal.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:05 am

Maddog wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

That scumbag faux_"hunter" was a Croation businessman who had travelled to Africa "many times" for the sole purpose of shooting trapped and innocent wildlife --  no actual sport, skill or challenge involved anywhere along the line...  Only money..

As opposed to guilty wildlife?  Rolling Eyes  

exactly, Cool Cool Cool
If the Individual Animal had picked up the habit of preying on live stock or humans then Fair enough it has to be destroyed as a problem Individual...
but for some piece of shits pleasure, it is simply wrong..
If an Individual Human picks up the habit of killing for fun and thrills they should also be destroyed as a problem Individual.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:20 am

veya_victaous wrote:

Someone was killed

so why give shit if a bad one dies? there are 7 billion more humans plenty left, Not like the Endangered species he killed.

Legality and Morality are not the same thing. Clearly since canned hunting is legal.

Because we dont endorse the death penalty and even more so, would never do so, for even illegal hunting.

Wishing people dead, because you disagree with something they do legally. Is no better than an Islamist wishing a woman adulterer is stonned to death. Do you want to play that moral compass based on beliefs?

Again nobody seems bothered that the South African Governement has 200 such places legally.
So why are you not more bothered about that.??

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:34 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

exactly, Cool Cool Cool
If the Individual Animal had picked up the habit of preying on live stock or humans then Fair enough it has to be destroyed as a problem Individual...
If an Individual Human picks up the habit of killing for fun and thrills they should also be destroyed as a problem Individual.  

So pigs are a problem here. Also in Australia to a lesser degree I believe. Shooting them is wrong, unless we catch them in the act of destroying something? And then we only shoot the guilty ones? We have a very short court hearing where we determine which animals get the death sentence, and which ones don't?

What about fish? Are there guilty trout? Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:42 am

veya_victaous wrote:

Someone was killed

Lions are not endangered in S. Africa. They manage their resources quite well. However, the Yellow-breasted pipits are endangered. Please don't hunt them. tongue
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:46 am

magica wrote:
Didge wrote:

wow

You're twisting words. I would like to see the hunters become the hunted same as when bulls gore Matadors.  The animals are tormented, stalked before being killed.

Animals have feelings, so yes they must be scared, how can you think they're not.

Scared animals run. If they run, you can't hardly shoot them.

The only animals that are scared while hunted would be those hunted out of vehicles, especially helicopters.

Like these.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:39 am

Didge wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

Someone was killed

Because we dont endorse the death penalty and even more so, would never do so, for even illegal hunting.

Wishing people dead, because you disagree with something they do legally. Is no better than an Islamist wishing a woman adulterer is stonned to death. Do you want to play that moral compass based on beliefs?

Again nobody seems bothered that the South African Governement has 200 such places legally.

You said Human Beings Should be Shot if they tell the truth about Churchill Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

It was once legal to shoot Aboriginals, still would be with your attitude. Suspect
'Evil Flourishes if good men do nothing.'

and WHY do you think we propose shooting them? because they use their wealth to encourage places like SA to keep Canned hunting legal.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:47 am

Maddog wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

exactly, Cool Cool Cool

So pigs are a problem here. Also in Australia to a lesser degree I believe. Shooting them is wrong, unless we catch them in the act of destroying something? And then we only shoot the guilty ones? We have a very short court hearing where we determine which animals get the death sentence, and which ones don't?

Feral pigs are a big issue here, since they are not native and destroy the natural habitats of many native species, they are by their presence destroying something. ..... Court dismissed

and leave the trout alone too tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Plus SA DO NOT manage their resources well
Since the 1980s, the population of African lions has dropped from 100,000 individuals all the way to 20,000. And while the wild numbers of lions are decreasing, the number of captive-bred lions used for canned hunts has only increased.

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/environment/why-there-are-thousands-of-lions-in-south-africa-but-this-species-is-still-in-danger-of-extinction/

facilities that breed captive lions claim that these breeding farms take pressure off of wild predator populations – but there is little to no evidence that this is the case. In addition, any claims that these captive bred lion populations benefit conservation efforts are also false. The lions kept in these facilities have been inbred over generations, meaning that if their genes were mixed into wild prides, it could have a devastating impact on the survival of the species.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:02 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Feral pigs are a big issue here, since they are not native and destroy the natural habitats of many native species, they are by their presence destroying something. .....  Court dismissed  

and leave the trout alone too tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

Plus SA DO NOT manage their resources well
Since the 1980s, the population of African lions has dropped from 100,000 individuals all the way to 20,000. And while the wild numbers of lions are decreasing, the number of captive-bred lions used for canned hunts has only increased.

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/environment/why-there-are-thousands-of-lions-in-south-africa-but-this-species-is-still-in-danger-of-extinction/

facilities that breed captive lions claim that these breeding farms take pressure off of wild predator populations – but there is little to no evidence that this is the case. In addition, any claims that these captive bred lion populations benefit conservation efforts are also false. The lions kept in these facilities have been inbred over generations, meaning that if their genes were mixed into wild prides, it could have a devastating impact on the survival of the species.

OK, so we can blast pigs at will. At least that is settled.

The South Africans are not going to run out of lions. However, it appears that they have been slacking the last few decades in terms of conservation. They may need to import some Texan biologists. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:48 am

Maddog wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Arrow

If a crocodile ate one of your kids, or a rogue elephant trampled through a village, or a predator was systematically culling your flock of sheep, the affected persons may regard said wildlife as being anything but 'innocent', even if it were only acting "on instinct"...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:50 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Didge wrote:

You said Human Beings Should be Shot if they tell the truth about Churchill Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

It was once legal to shoot Aboriginals, still would be with your attitude.  Suspect
'Evil Flourishes if good men do nothing.'

and WHY do you think we propose shooting them? because they use their wealth to encourage places like SA to keep Canned hunting legal.

Never made any such claim at all

I said an owner should be able to protect his property from violence against extremists, aka terrorists. Which includes shooting violent extremists.

So once again, you are exposed for lying

Again you are saying its okay to murder people, based off you not liking a sport, a legal sport, which is only possible due to the Governement.

Hence your anger is directed at the wrong people.

There is something very warped, that peoploe want people to die over animals being killed,when millions are each year, in order that we eat. For then people to wish suffering shows how warped and bitter they are.

Again I see the point went over your head on stonning a women to death, based on a perceived crime. Exactly what you and others have backed here

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:37 pm

Maddog wrote:
Eddie wrote:People are so stupid. Why would you threaten someone over farming animals? Just don’t eat meat products and campaign about your beliefs peacefully. Simple.
Maddog wrote:Because some people need to have their beliefs validated by shoving them down the throats of others.

Was there a reason you put our posts together?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:43 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

clown

And...

Why he copied them across from the Vegans vs. Farmers thread...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:46 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yes.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:31 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:

Yes.

Care to tell me then? Or do I have to guess?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:55 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yes.

It seemed appropriate at the time. That doesn't mean it actually was, because things that seem a certain way to me are often not really that way in reality. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:59 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yes.

It seemed appropriate at the time. That doesn't mean it actually was, because things that seem a certain way to me are often not really that way in reality. Wink

I am no clearer, but I’m okay with that.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down