NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stephen Pollard's apology to Jeremy Corbyn re Holocaust Day

Go down

Stephen Pollard's apology to Jeremy Corbyn re Holocaust Day Empty Stephen Pollard's apology to Jeremy Corbyn re Holocaust Day

Post by Guest Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:48 am

Stephen Pollard started a lie about Jeremy Corbyn not mentioning Jews.   He has now apologised for this.

Stephen Pollard
‏Verified account @stephenpollard
20h20 hours ago

I’ve deleted this tweet from yesterday. In his statement on the day @jeremycorbyn did not mention Jews. But I’ve now been shown the #HMD brochure and in that he does. In fact his message is admirable. I got this wrong

Last edited by sassy on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Stephen Pollard's apology to Jeremy Corbyn re Holocaust Day Empty Re: Stephen Pollard's apology to Jeremy Corbyn re Holocaust Day

Post by Guest Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:46 pm

Its not a lie and you have no link. It does not matter that he has later created a new message 5 hours ago, as seen the link below leads you to the original post he made on Facebook. 

It has nothing to do with Pollard

After Corbyn came under fire for his message, some supporters pointed out that he or his staff had submitted a statement mentioning Jews for the print pamphlet distributed at the U.K. Holocaust 

Not sure how you are going to argue against the damning evidence?

Here is Corbyn’s statement in its entirety:

https://www.facebook.com/JeremyCorbynMP/photos/a.10153507464823872.1073741827.330250343871/10156133577028872/?type=3&theater

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t23301-jeremy-corbyns-holocaust-memorial-day-statement-leaves-out-the-jews#448651

I mean rightly people condemned Trump for doing this and as seen, Corbyn supporters are just like Trump supporters. They make up excuses, claim fake news, completely defending their leader and never condeming them when constantly wrong

Back to top Go down

Stephen Pollard's apology to Jeremy Corbyn re Holocaust Day Empty Re: Stephen Pollard's apology to Jeremy Corbyn re Holocaust Day

Post by Guest Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:07 pm

I expect the post above is a rant.

For those of you who don't know, Stephen Pollard is editor of The Jewish Chronical, the above was taken from his twitter account.   However, he has had to grace to have it posted in the press now.

Apology offered to Corbyn amid controversy over Holocaust comments

A senior member of Britain’s Jewish community has offered an apology to Jeremy Corbyn amid controversy over the Labour leader’s message for Holocaust Memorial Day.

Campaigners against anti-Semitism responded with outrage after it emerged that Mr Corbyn’s entry in a Holocaust Educational Trust (HET) memorial book did not mention Jews.

The Campaign Against Antisemitism demanded an apology from the Labour leader, describing his message as “appalling”, while the Jewish Leadership Council said it displayed “a complete lack of sensitivity”.

But Labour insisted it was clear that Mr Corbyn was referring to the Jewish victims of the Holocaust when he said that “the millions who died” should be remembered.

A longer message from the Labour leader, printed in a booklet for a Westminster service of commemoration, referred by name to Jewish Holocaust victims, including Anne Frank, as “our Jewish brothers and sisters”.

Among critics of Mr Corbyn on Thursday was the editor of the Jewish Chronicle, Stephen Pollard, who was one of several Twitter users to draw a comparison with a similar message last year by Donald Trump.

But after seeing the longer passage, Mr Pollard deleted his tweet, saying that the Labour leader’s words were “admirable”, and adding: “I owe Jeremy Corbyn an apology. His HMD statement on the day did not mention Jews. But this statement in the brochure clearly does.”

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/15901690.Apology_offered_to_Corbyn_amid_controversy_over_Holocaust_comments/

BTW, at the end of the article it says:

The source pointed out that [b]neither Prime Minister Theresa May nor Liberal Democrat leader Sir Vince Cable mentioned the Jews in their own messages.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:52 pm

''But Labour insisted it was clear that Mr Corbyn was referring to the Jewish victims of the Holocaust when he said that “the millions who died” should be remembered''.

to be honest I would agree with that, sassy. I know nazis also went after gypsies, disabled and all but when the holocaust is mentioned peoples minds pretty much automatically think ''jews''

the fact that he didn't say the particular word jew doesnt mean anything bad to me, cos it's kinda stating the obvious, no?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:34 pm

Didge wrote:Its not a lie and you have no link. It does not matter that he has later created a new message 5 hours ago, as seen the link below leads you to the original post he made on Facebook. 

It has nothing to do with Pollard

After Corbyn came under fire for his message, some supporters pointed out that he or his staff had submitted a statement mentioning Jews for the print pamphlet distributed at the U.K. Holocaust 

Not sure how you are going to argue against the damning evidence?

Here is Corbyn’s statement in its entirety:

https://www.facebook.com/JeremyCorbynMP/photos/a.10153507464823872.1073741827.330250343871/10156133577028872/?type=3&theater

http://www.newsfixboard.com/t23301-jeremy-corbyns-holocaust-memorial-day-statement-leaves-out-the-jews#448651

I mean rightly people condemned Trump for doing this and as seen, Corbyn supporters are just like Trump supporters. They make up excuses, claim fake news, completely defending their leader and never condeming them when constantly wrong

The herald?

The facebook post is still there

That a fact

So nobody lied and clearly labour and Corbyn feel bad about his original post on facebook. As he has created a new one. Which is an admmission of being in the wrong.

Does not matter if one is in the print book and clearly Labour was not brought into dispute over this but Corbyn. Due to what he wrote himself and posted on facebook

Hence the dumbness of those trying to defend Corbyn

This was posted today

https://www.facebook.com/pg/JeremyCorbynMP/posts/?ref=page_internal

Holocaust Memorial Day is a time to reflect on the terrible evil that occurs when we forget our common humanity. And the Twentieth Century produced no evil greater than the Holocaust.
This year's Holocaust Memorial Day theme reminds us that the power of words can be used to further both humanity and evil. Today we remember and take strength from the words of those who suffered and resisted the Holocaust.
Such as Roza Robota, a Holocaust resister murdered in Auschwitz, whose last words were: “Be strong and of good courage.”
Or Szmul Zygielbojm of the Polish Bund, who wrote before his suicide in wartime London: “I cannot continue to live and to be silent while the remnants of Polish Jewry, whose representative I am, are being murdered.”
Or a young girl called Anne Frank who said: “What is done cannot be undone, but one can prevent it happening again.”
As we remember the victims of evil, we salute the power of humanity and solidarity embodied in these words by our Jewish brothers and sisters, which still resonate once the hate-filled banalities of their tormentors are long forgotten.

Stephen Pollard's apology to Jeremy Corbyn re Holocaust Day 21640986_10156137240588872_8651824470486740231_o

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down