NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should meat join the ranks of taxable sins?

+2
'Wolfie
Maddog
6 posters

Go down

Should meat join the ranks of taxable sins? Empty Should meat join the ranks of taxable sins?

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:40 am

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) is calling on governments to tax poultry, pork, beef and even fish as a way to promote a healthier diet and mitigate the environmental costs of meat production.

Eliminating meat from the human diet would be a net savings to the health care system, said PETA spokeswoman Ashley Byrne, who argued that meat consumption — our main source of saturated fat — is associated with cancer, heart disease, diabetes and obesity.

“A tax would place meat where it belongs, in a category with cigarettes and alcohol because they are bad for human health,” she said, adding that meat production is “catastrophic for the environment.”

http://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/should-meat-join-the-ranks-of-taxable-sins-maybe-maybe-not

Tax everything, then tax it some more. It's for your own good because you are too stupid to know what you should be eating or you are not eating what the "moral crusaders" think you should be eating.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Should meat join the ranks of taxable sins? Empty Re: Should meat join the ranks of taxable sins?

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:15 am

Should meat join the ranks of taxable sins? 3922118137

PETA  =  "People Eating Tasty Animals"...

PETA is basically a commercial advertising/marketing group established to provide well-paying jobs for a bunch of scumbags who probably couldn't find any honest work..

PETA has never actually done anything positive or worthwhile off their own bat, but rather have a long history of riding on the coattails of countless Animal Rights, Vegan and Environmental activist groups; swanning in at the eleventh hour, and claiming credit for other peoples' efforts.

IF those PETA goons ever got their way with their loopy policies, hundreds of millions of people will see see their jobs and livelihoods vanish, billions would starve to death, and environmental degradation would inevitably be much worse than it is now..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Should meat join the ranks of taxable sins? Empty Re: Should meat join the ranks of taxable sins?

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:10 am

PETA promote Domestic Animal Genocide!!!
PETA are not a pro animal organisation constantly seeking to wipe out pigs chickens, cows and sheep etc, so this latest crazy demand (and propaganda) is just keeping in line with the Genocidal hatred of Domestic Animals.

If you love animals, Punch a PETA Member Mad Mad Mad
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:13 am

Of Course PETA has so much sway in the USA because of the lack of State funded Alternatives, PETA is the product of Corporatization. When you let Private organisations take the lead in policy, you inevitably have Corrupt self serving polices that do not benefit the majority.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:30 am

veya_victaous wrote:Of Course PETA has so much sway in the USA because of the lack of State funded Alternatives, PETA is the product of Corporatization. When you let Private organisations take the lead in policy, you inevitably have Corrupt self serving polices that do not benefit the majority.

Pssst.

This story is from Canada.

That's what happens when you prefer to blabber nonsense over reading. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:45 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Should meat join the ranks of taxable sins? 3922118137

PETA is basically a commercial advertising/marketing group established to provide well-paying jobs for a bunch of scumbags who probably couldn't find any honest work..

PETA has never actually done anything positive or worthwhile off their own bat, but rather have a long history of riding on the coattails of countless Animal Rights, Vegan and Environmental activist groups; swanning in at the eleventh hour, and claiming credit for other peoples' efforts.

IF those PETA goons ever got their way with their loopy policies, hundreds of millions of people will see see their jobs and livelihoods vanish, billions would starve to death, and environmental degradation would inevitably be much worse than it is now..

If PETA gets their way it's because government wants another revenue source under the guise of helping people. PETA isn't the problem here. They can't tax people. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:48 am

Psst that doesn't change a single point in my post Wink

Corporate Lobbyists(like PETA) are the hellspawn of the Corrupted Capitalist Corpocracy that the USA has Cursed democracy with.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:53 am

Maddog wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:Should meat join the ranks of taxable sins? 3922118137

If PETA gets their way it's because government wants another revenue source under the guise of helping people.  PETA isn't the problem here. They can't tax people.  Wink

Yeah so the OBVIOUS thing is to Limit Private enterprises influence on governance.

the gov't is the people, and it should listen to the people not the Corporate Lobbyists. the problem with the USA Gov't is it is for the corporations and listens to the corporation over the people.
to even claim that USA has a gov't representative of its citizenry is a lie, If exists for the interests of corporations. thus the US gov't is example of why/how Libertarian ideas don't work. cause in reality when you let money rule you end up with corrupted shit like the US gov't.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:57 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

If PETA gets their way it's because government wants another revenue source under the guise of helping people.  PETA isn't the problem here. They can't tax people.  Wink

Yeah so the OBVIOUS thing is to Limit Private enterprises influence on governance.  

the gov't is the people, and it should listen to the people not the Corporate Lobbyists. the problem with the USA Gov't is it is for the corporations and listens to the corporation over the people.
to even claim that USA has a gov't representative of its citizenry is a lie, If exists for the interests of corporations. thus the US gov't is example of why/how Libertarian ideas don't work. cause in reality when you let money rule you end up with corrupted shit like the US gov't.

Good luck with that. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:58 am

veya_victaous wrote:Psst that doesn't change a single point in my post Wink

Corporate Lobbyists(like PETA) are the hellspawn of the Corrupted Capitalist Corpocracy that the USA has Cursed democracy with.

The point of your post is irrelevant. This is a Canadian story. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:10 am

Maddog wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Good luck with that.  Wink

What if I told you that there really are countries where the welfare of the people is paramount?

What if I told you that the biggest enemies of this way of life in America are wealthy capitalists? Oh, sure, sometimes they slum in government jobs for a few years, or make big investments in politicians, to make sure America stays the way they want it to be. But it's always about them.

We're a country, not just an economy. But the people who run our country completely disagree. Until you realize that you and I are being treated like shit by indifferent rich people who don't want us to have any power, you're never going to understand how this country works.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:20 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

What if I told you that there really are countries where the welfare of the people is paramount?

What if I told you that the biggest enemies of this way of life in America are wealthy capitalists? Oh, sure, sometimes they slum in government jobs for a few years, or make big investments in politicians,  to make sure America stays the way they want it to be. But it's always about them.

We're a country, not just an economy. But the people who run our country completely disagree. Until you realize that you and I are being treated like shit by indifferent rich people who don't want us to have any power, you're never going to understand how this country works.

What if I told you that I would prefer that you not support people confiscating more of my wealth under the guise of helping me?

And don't talk down to me either. I'm not one of these helpless, hapless ignorant liberal fucks on here. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:

What if I told you that the biggest enemies of this way of life in America are wealthy capitalists? Oh, sure, sometimes they slum in government jobs for a few years, or make big investments in politicians,  to make sure America stays the way they want it to be. But it's always about them.

What if I told you that I would prefer that you not support people confiscating more of my wealth under the guise of helping me?

And don't talk down to me either.  I'm not one of these helpless, hapless ignorant liberal fucks on here.  Wink

Razz

Poor old Maddog...

"All hat,  no cattle.."

How long do you think he would last down here ?   Have to hand over half his guns;  then he'd be running for his mumma because the big bad guvm'nt was picking on him !!!       Should meat join the ranks of taxable sins? 479860004
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:04 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

And don't talk down to me either.  I'm not one of these helpless, hapless ignorant liberal fucks on here.  Wink

Razz

Poor old Maddog...

"All hat,  no cattle.."

How long do you think he would last down here ?   Have to hand over half his guns;  then he'd be running for his mumma because the big bad guvm'nt was picking on him !!!       Should meat join the ranks of taxable sins? 479860004

I think all of my guns are legal in Australia. In any event, I don't carry so I manage to go through life unarmed.

Besides, it's obvious that whiney ass bitches do just fine in Australia, so how hard can it be? Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:07 pm

Meanwhile, the topic is an additional tax on meat.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:45 pm

I dont even eat meat but even I can see it’s a ridiculous idea and not something that will “help” people at all. It’s about making money. It’s always about making money under the guise of helping us stupid people learn how to live properly.

Another way to control us.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:04 pm

eddie wrote:I dont even eat meat but even I can see it’s a ridiculous idea and not something that will “help” people at all. It’s about making money. It’s always about making money under the guise of helping us stupid people learn how to live properly.

But helping people requires ever increasing amounts of money as people need ever increasing amounts of help.

I'm glad there is one poster who knows how to discuss ideas as opposed to people. Eleanor Roosevelt would be proud of you. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:05 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:I dont even eat meat but even I can see it’s a ridiculous idea and not something that will “help” people at all. It’s about making money. It’s always about making money under the guise of helping us stupid people learn how to live properly.

But helping people requires ever increasing amounts of money as people need ever increasing amounts of help.

I'm glad there is one poster who knows how to discuss ideas as opposed to people.  Eleanor Roosevelt would be proud of you.  Wink

I’m not really one to quote people or articles much. I prefer my own ramblings even if there’s no one around to listen and what I’m saying isn’t particularly popular.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:15 pm

Maddog wrote:
Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Actually, don't assume that you know my opinion. I would neither confiscate more of your wealth, nor use it to help you.

I *would* confiscate more of the wealth of millionaires and billionaires, and use it to help people who don't have homes or food or health care.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:09 pm

@ben
remember once I told you that Aussies think that 'Americans think they are down on their luck billionaires'..... people like Maddog are the reason why.

its got to be some form of insanity Neutral
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:25 am

veya_victaous wrote:@ben
remember once I told you that Aussies think that 'Americans think they are down on their luck billionaires'..... people like Maddog are the reason why.

That is funny. I remember when I was at Berkeley, a post-doc student from Chile who used to say, "All Americans are capitalists." But your "down on their luck" quip explains a lot. Jose used to say, "they're just not there yet."

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:12 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Actually, don't assume that you know my opinion. I would neither confiscate more of your wealth, nor use it to help you.

I *would* confiscate more of the wealth of millionaires and billionaires, and use it to help people who don't have homes or food or health care.

So then say this tax is a dumb idea because it targets everyone, instead of going on a rant against me. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:59 pm

Yeah, we've been sold this idea that anyone could be rich. It's a really poisonous delusion.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:09 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:

Yeah, we've been sold this idea that anyone could be rich. It's a really poisonous delusion.

Rich? Maybe not. But you can have all you will ever need, unless you need wealth. In that case, you won't have all that you need. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:09 pm

It's the American notion of property.  Look at how it is used: "...people confiscating more of my wealth under the guise of helping me?"  MY WEALTH.

In days of yore, it's was the King's wealth, which one is allowed to possess.  In the native American culture, all of the outdoors belonged everyone.  This has been reduced down to MY WEALTH.

Only under corporate capitalism has there grown this notion of personal sovereignty over possession, and the accompanying ideology of selfishness with which to justify it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:11 pm

Original Quill wrote:It's the American notion of property.  Look at how it is used: "...people confiscating more of my wealth under the guise of helping me?"  MY WEALTH.

In days of yore, it's was the King's wealth, which one is allowed to possess.  In the native American culture, all of the outdoors belonged everyone.  This has been reduced down to MY WEALTH.

Only under corporate capitalism has there grown this notion of personal sovereignty over possession, and the accompanying selfishness with which to justify it.

This thread is about taxing meat. Did you even read the fucking OP?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:46 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:It's the American notion of property.  Look at how it is used: "...people confiscating more of my wealth under the guise of helping me?"  MY WEALTH.

Only under corporate capitalism has there grown this notion of personal sovereignty over possession, and the accompanying selfishness with which to justify it.

This thread is about taxing meat.  Did you even read the fucking OP?

The discussion has turned. I don't think it's something that you should get involved in...probably too elusive for you. Here's a clue: the discussion has turned to pitting taxation against a unique notion of property...MY WEALTH.

The atomistic, individualist notion of property has the effect of dissolving, or discounting the social nature of man. Yet we live in a social world everyday. So it's a living contradiction.

We resolve it by legitimizing autonomous individualism, or in a word, selfishness. Selfishness becomes the ideology of America, whereby we elevate expensive toys like cars and yachts, but can't seem to manage a healthcare system to save our parents' lives.

Right...the contradiction doesn't go away, but merely hides behind a huge reduction of cognitive dissonance.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:50 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

The discussion has turned.  I don't think it's something that you should get involved in...probably too elusive for you.  Here's a clue: the discussion has turned to pitting taxation against a unique notion of property...MY WEALTH.

The atomistic, individualist notion of property has the effect of dissolving, or discounting the social nature of man.  Yet we live in a social world everyday.  So it's a living contradiction.

We resolve it by legitimizing autonomous individualism, or in a word, selfishness.  Selfishness becomes the ideology of America, whereby we elevate expensive toys like cars and yachts, but can't seem to manage a healthcare system to save our parents' lives.

Right...the contradiction doesn't go away, but merely hides behind a huge reduction of cognitive dissonance.

So you won't have a problem if I steal your car then?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:50 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

The discussion has turned.  I don't think it's something that you should get involved in...probably too elusive for you.  Here's a clue: the discussion has turned to pitting taxation against a unique notion of property...MY WEALTH.

The atomistic, individualist notion of property has the effect of dissolving, or discounting the social nature of man.  Yet we live in a social world everyday.  So it's a living contradiction.

We resolve it by legitimizing autonomous individualism, or in a word, selfishness.  Selfishness becomes the ideology of America, whereby we elevate expensive toys like cars and yachts, but can't seem to manage a healthcare system to save our parents' lives.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:51 pm

Well, on second thought, your car is not your property so I wouldn't be stealing it.  Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:31 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Uber is showing we don't even need cars.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:36 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Uber is showing we don't even need cars.

What does the Uber driver drive?

Can I steal a car from the Uber driver?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down