NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horrifying video shows brutal attack on black woman by Pittsburgh pizzeria manager

+3
magica
Miffs2
Raggamuffin
7 posters

Go down

Horrifying video shows brutal attack on black woman by Pittsburgh pizzeria manager Empty Horrifying video shows brutal attack on black woman by Pittsburgh pizzeria manager

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:13 pm

On Friday night, a Pittsburgh woman was brutally attacked by a restaurant manager for refusing to leave the premises of Milano Pizza.

Video posted on Facebook showed Jade Martin and a man identified as the Milano’s manager locked in disagreement. The manager ordered Martin to leave the premises, but she refused to comply.

Rather than attempt to de-escalate and summon police, the man brutally backed Martin into a corner and pummeled her with his fists, bellowing, “I said ‘please!'” over and over as he slams her backward into a table, then banged her head against the floor.

The Coalition for the Safety of Black Women and Girls has called for an investigation.

On Saturday night, protests formed outside the restaurant, where temperatures hovered at a chilly 15 degrees F Saturday evening and are expected to drop to 2 degrees overnight.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/horrifying-video-shows-brutal-attack-on-black-woman-by-pittsburgh-pizza-chain-manager/

Back to top Go down

Horrifying video shows brutal attack on black woman by Pittsburgh pizzeria manager Empty Re: Horrifying video shows brutal attack on black woman by Pittsburgh pizzeria manager

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:25 pm

I guess she should have left when he told her to ...
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Horrifying video shows brutal attack on black woman by Pittsburgh pizzeria manager Empty Re: Horrifying video shows brutal attack on black woman by Pittsburgh pizzeria manager

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:26 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I guess she should have left when he told her to ...

So you are excusing the use of violence then?

How about the owner calls the Police to have her removed?

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:00 pm

There is always one who won't go home when you are trying to close up lol!
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:27 pm

Why didn't she just leave when asked to. I'm not excusing her being pushed but he was probably knackered and wanted to lock up. We don't know what she had said to him for him to lose his temper.

Edited to say he was punching her, so wrong. Why couldn't she just leave before this.

Last edited by magica on Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:28 pm

magica wrote:Why didn't she just leave when asked to. I'm not excusing her being pushed but he was probably knackered and wanted to lock up. We don't know what she had said to him for him to lose his temper.

Does not matter what she said.

He assualted her

He should have called the Police

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:30 pm

I've just edited my post Didge.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:33 pm

magica wrote:I've just edited my post Didge.

No worries, have just seen

Who knows why she did not leave. She could have been drunk, abusive or anything. It could be the store owner was being a tosser.

The reality is, he went over the top.

If someone is refusing to leave, just call the cops. Most of the time, those people will leave the moment you are calling the Police. If they stay, the Police will kick them out.

The reality is, he will now get done for assualt, so was it worth what he did?

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:07 pm

Well he did go too far, she seemed very provocative though.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:49 pm

Did you just assume her racial and gender identity??

It could be a white man who got assaulted

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:09 pm

We also don't know if there is any history here, she may have been disruptive in the past, need to know a bit more before passing judgement.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:12 pm

Vintage wrote:We also don't know if there is any history here, she may have been disruptive in the past, need to know a bit more before passing judgement.

She might have attacked him where we couldn't see

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:21 pm

This is no different than a bar and the use of bouncers.  When they say leave, you leave.  It's private property.  There is no need to call the cops if you have the ability to move someone off of your property.  

Now from a business sense it's probably a bad idea, but legally he's on pretty solid ground.  You can use as much force as necessary to physically remove someone from your property.

Last edited by Maddog on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:24 pm

I have been asked to leave a bar before.  The owner was far too much of a pussy to say it to my face so he had his doorman tell me.  Me and the doorman got along great, but had I said no, he would have physically removed me.  

The bar went belly up a few months later. Karma is a bitch .  Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:39 pm

Maddog wrote:This is no different than a bar and the use of bouncers.  When they say leave, you leave.  It's private property.  There is no need to call the cops if you have the ability to move someone off of your property.  

Now from a business sense it's probably a bad idea, but legally he's on pretty solid ground.  You can use as much force as necessary to physically remove someone from your property.

By headbutting them in the face and punching them?

I dont think so.

Its called resonable and proportional force to remove someone.

What he did, does not qualify

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:This is no different than a bar and the use of bouncers.  When they say leave, you leave.  It's private property.  There is no need to call the cops if you have the ability to move someone off of your property.  

I dont think so.

Do you think the term "bouncer" suggests being handled gently?

It's his property, his choice to call the cops.

I agree that the smart way to handle this is to call the cops, or get some help and just manhandle her out the door. But no one is under any obligation to handle their stuff the amart way.

It's much like seeing a teenager trying to break into your car. I can shoot them if I like and call the cops afterwards to haul off rheir body, but I wouldn't recomemd that for a myriad of reasons even if it is legal.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:51 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

I dont think so.

Do you think the term "bouncer" suggests being handled gently?  

It's his property, his choice to call the cops.  

I agree that the smart way to handle this is to call the cops, or get some help and just manhandle her out the door. But no one is under any obligation to handle their stuff the amart way.  

It's much like seeing a teenager trying to break into your car.  I can shoot them if I like and call the cops afterwards to haul off rheir body, but I wouldn't recomemd that for a myriad of reasons even if it is legal.  

Well its the manager of the restaurant and not the owner, which is not the point. As its a food chain restaurant.

A bouncer can and only use proportional and reasonable force to remove someone as well. The key point is proportional. A bouncer cant just deck you, if you refuse to leave. Good bouncers, will work as a team to remove someone.

But this is not a bar or club and hence why it does not generally require a bouncer.

So its nothing like a break in either.

If the premisis was open when she entered, it cannot be classed as a break in with the right to defend your property

Anyway, he has handed himself into the Police

Authorities arrested Mahmut Yilmaz, 41, after he turned himself into police. He is facing one count of simple assault and one count of aggravated assault. 

https://thegrio.com/2018/01/14/arrest-made-black-woman-assaulted-brutal-pizzeria-attack/

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:10 pm

We still don't even know what happened before filming started. It looks like she's forcing her way in or maybe she was in there and asked to leave, either way her behaviour isn't all it should be.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:23 pm

Vintage wrote:We still don't even know what happened before filming started. It looks like she's forcing her way in or maybe she was in there and asked to leave, either way her behaviour isn't all it should be.

Speculation. Anyone's guess. The only predicate or circumstantial facts that we know for sure are: 1) she's black; and 2) he wants her to leave.

Then the fight ensues. I can see why he was arrested.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:42 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Vintage wrote:We still don't even know what happened before filming started. It looks like she's forcing her way in or maybe she was in there and asked to leave, either way her behaviour isn't all it should be.

Speculation.  Anyone's guess.  The only predicate or circumstantial facts that we know for sure are: 1) she's black; and 2) he wants her to leave.

Then the fight ensues.  I can see why he was arrested.

Well, we know he is a Turk and based on his accent, an immigrant.

My GF is an Albanian that owns an Italian restaurant oddly enough.

"Get out" is not a request where she comes from, but a command. However she is smart enough to know that having a male employee lay hands on a black woman is a dumb idea. This will become a racial issue where the law will be utilized to make a political point. If this was a white male being thrown out we wouldn't be discussing it.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:16 pm

I'm just trying to curb the speculation. We know he wants her out. If we want to get to the legality and equity of the ouster, we must know more.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:55 pm

He had no right to attack her like that.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down