NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do you want to visit this year?

+4
Original Quill
Cass
magica
Syl
8 posters

Go down

Where do you want to visit this year? Empty Where do you want to visit this year?

Post by Syl Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:56 pm

I like to plan to visit somewhere I have never been to at the start of the year.
It could be home or away, last year I went to Santorini, which was on my wish list, and it was beautiful.

I have never been on a funicular railway trip, we spend a lot of time in Wales in the summer and this year I am determined to take a journey on one of their funicular railways.
Wales has some gorgeous mountain railways, and I am planning to explore the country via train instead of car.

Do you have any plans to do visit somewhere you have always wanted to?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Where do you want to visit this year? Empty Re: Where do you want to visit this year?

Post by magica Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:57 pm

I love visiting places too. Many in this country as well as abroad.

Been to many of my bucket list places, but there's always room for more.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Where do you want to visit this year? Empty Re: Where do you want to visit this year?

Post by Cass Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:35 pm

It’s either Belize or Hawaii at the end of May.
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:11 pm

Cass wrote:It’s either Belize or Hawaii at the end of May.

Hawaii... I love you
I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't on most peoples 'wish list'. Where do you want to visit this year? Aloha-aloha-female-hawaii-smiley-emoticon-000539-large
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:13 pm

magica wrote:I love visiting places too. Many in this country as well as abroad.

Been to many of my bucket list places, but there's always room for more.

I love this country too Mags, sometimes I think we take it for granted.
Eg....I have been up the Eiffel tower but never been up the Blackpool tower. Laughing
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:25 pm

Syl wrote:

Hawaii... I love you
I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't on most peoples 'wish list'. Where do you want to visit this year? Aloha-aloha-female-hawaii-smiley-emoticon-000539-large

It’s a big milestone birthday for us both this year. Plus we’re kind of close now. Mr. C went twice back in his army days the jammy git. Then it’s only Alaska to see and I’ve done all 50.

Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:43 pm

Cass wrote:
Syl wrote:

Hawaii... I love you

It’s a big milestone birthday for us both this year. Plus we’re kind of close now. Mr. C went twice back in his army days the jammy git. Then it’s only Alaska to see and I’ve done all 50.

I just wrote in the other thread you are well travelled...this proves it.  Laughing

I just had a milestone birthday...we were away. I told everyone to please NOT buy cards with the age enblazoned across the top...of course almost everyone did.  Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:58 pm

There's a great funicular in the Old City of Quebec.

Where do you want to visit this year? Quebec_city_funicular2

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:28 pm

Iraan, Texas.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:20 pm

Syl wrote:

Hawaii... I love you

Maui is perfect. Get a place near Lahaina and you'll have great restaurants, lovely golf courses and the snorkeling/scuba diving. Also, the whales passing through the channel.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:32 am

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Hawaii... I love you

Maui is perfect.  Get a place near Lahaina and you'll have great restaurants, lovely golf courses and the snorkeling/scuba diving.  Also, the whales passing through the channel.

We’re going with Oahu probably since it’s my first time. Some good deals on Airbnb.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:24 am

Cass wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Maui is perfect.  Get a place near Lahaina and you'll have great restaurants, lovely golf courses and the snorkeling/scuba diving.  Also, the whales passing through the channel.

We’re going with Oahu probably since it’s my first time. Some good deals on Airbnb.

If I can offer an advanced tip: Oahu is like going to Los Angeles.  Honolulu is just like downtown, any town in the States.  It's the capital, FCS.  They've got traffic and pollution and sewage, etc.

All of Hawai'i is beautiful weather and water, but Maui makes an effort at taking advantage of things...like a resort.  Mr. C probably wants to recall memories of military life, and Pearl Harbor is Navy-Pacific...Hickham AFB and Fort Shafter are all on Oahu Island.  So, go to Oahu and indulge him.

Then, beat on over to Maui on an inter-island flight like Hawai'i Airlines.  The real Hawai'i is in the 'territorial' places, like Lahaina.  Incidentally, if you really want some fun, arrange a trip to Big Island (Hawai'i) and experience the active volcano lava flows on Kilauea.  Stand back...we don't want to lose you.  Mad

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

Hawaii... I love you

It sounds perfect. I love you
Nice restaurants, snorkelling, scuba diving, love all three.
As for whale watching, I have seen small whales, like the pilot whales lots of times, but never anything like a humpback, that alone would be worth travelling to see.

Quill, where we are in wales we are sometimes lucky enough to see dolphins passing, sometimes right near as we are kayaking.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:35 pm

Maddog wrote:Iraan, Texas.

Apart from oil...what's there?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Cass wrote:

If I can offer an advanced tip: Oahu is like going to Los Angeles.  Honolulu is just like downtown, any town in the States.  It's the capital, FCS.  They've got traffic and pollution and sewage, etc.

All of Hawai'i is beautiful weather and water, but Maui makes an effort at taking advantage of things...like a resort.  Mr. C probably wants to recall memories of military life, and Pearl Harbor is Navy-Pacific...Hickham AFB and Fort Shafter are all on Oahu Island.  So, go to Oahu and indulge him.

Then, beat on over to Maui on an inter-island flight like Hawai'i Airlines.  The real Hawai'i is in the 'territorial' places, like Lahaina.  Incidentally, if you really want some fun, arrange a trip to Big Island (Hawai'i) and experience the active volcano lava flows on Kilauea.  Stand back...we don't want to lose you.  Mad

We won’t be staying in Honolulu or even Waikiki but further out. He’s been there I haven’t and I’m the one who wants to see PH as just after the bombing my grandfather was based there. I also want to see the USS Arizona. After that I’m happy to just drive around searching for great food and local history.

Yeah I’ve been in a helicopter once. That was once too much. And I don’t much like volcanoes either. So I’m happy to look at it from a distance, preferably from another island lol!

Last edited by Cass on Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:14 pm

Yeah, I forgot that Battleship Row is quite a sight. My father was stationed at Pearl Harbor too. He was with Admiral Kinkaid's Seventh Fleet, when they fought in the Battle of Leyte Gulf.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:46 pm

Always wanted to go to Norway for the Great Lakes and Russia so I can walk in waist-deep snow and sit by a fire drinking good Russian vodka.

And Mexico. Gonna take a road trip there next time I'm in Texas.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:09 pm

eddie wrote:Always wanted to go to Norway for the Great Lakes and Russia so I can walk in waist-deep snow and sit by a fire drinking good Russian vodka.

I want go to Russia, specifically St. Petersburg for the palaces, the museums, the ballet, the caviar and yeah the vodka!

Mexico is ok. Depends on where you go. Further down the coast is good. Mum loved Mazatlán, especially the old city. A friend’s daughter just got married in Tulum. The pictures looked fab.

Few years ago mum and my aunt swam across the Rio Grande to Mexico in Big Bend National Park and went exploring on donkeys. They loved it. You should totally do that.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:16 pm

Wanna go skiing...
Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:19 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Wanna go skiing...

I’ve never been a fan.
Cass
Cass

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Cass wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Wanna go skiing...

I’ve never been a fan.

I dont this guy is a fan of iceskating either

Where do you want to visit this year? Miscellaneous-judge-judging-bribes-scores-scored-mly0706_low

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:46 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Wanna go skiing...

Cool

Have you ever been snow-skiing before, Tommy  ?

I like cross-country/'backcountry' skiing, but haven't done any in years..

Downhill skiing, though, I find relatively boring,  while moguls and jumps look too dangerous/bone-jarring for my liking.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:58 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Tommy Monk wrote:

Wanna go skiing...

Cool

Have you ever been snow-skiing before, Tommy  ?

I like cross-country/'backcountry' skiing, but haven't done any in years..

Downhill skiing, though, I find relatively boring,  while moguls and jumps look too dangerous/bone-jarring for my liking.

Yes I have... love it!

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:01 pm

Where have you been, doing the snow, Wolf...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:53 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Where have you been, doing the snow, Wolf...?

Cool

Southern New South Wales, just above the Victorian border, there's a bunch of ski resorts in the Kosciuszko National Park --  I've been in there a few times...

http://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/visit-a-park/parks/kosciuszko-national-park

There are places in New Zealand, Japan and North America that I would like to visit one day --  I've simply never got around to it..
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:04 pm

Cass wrote:
eddie wrote:Always wanted to go to Norway for the Great Lakes and Russia so I can walk in waist-deep snow and sit by a fire drinking good Russian vodka.

I want go to Russia, specifically St. Petersburg for the palaces, the museums, the ballet, the caviar and yeah the vodka!

Mexico is ok. Depends on where you go. Further down the coast is good. Mum loved Mazatlán, especially the old city. A friend’s daughter just got married in Tulum. The pictures looked fab.

Few years ago mum and my aunt swam across the Rio Grande to Mexico in Big Bend National Park and went exploring on donkeys. They loved it. You should totally do that.

I would definitely love that!
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:01 pm

Cass wrote:

The US State Department has just issued a warning against traveling to that region of Mexico.

Associated Press wrote:US issues its highest 'do not travel' warning for 5 Mexican states
Posted: Jan 12, 2018 4:14 AM PST

By Mark Stevenson, Associated Press

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Five states in Mexico now have the sternest "do not travel" advisories under a revamped U.S. State Department system unveiled Wednesday, putting them on the same level as war-torn countries like Syria, Yemen and Somalia.

The five states are Tamaulipas on the U.S. border and Sinaloa, Colima, Michoacan and Guerrero on the Pacific coast. All the states are hotspots of drug cartel activity, either hosting trafficking routes or extensive drug-crop cultivation.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/37251909/us-issues-do-not-travel-advisory-for-5-mexican-states-citing-crime

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down