NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theresa May facing pressure to ban smacking in England after Welsh politicians follow the Scots in moving towards criminalising the punishment

4 posters

Go down

Theresa May facing pressure to ban smacking in England after Welsh politicians follow the Scots in moving towards criminalising the punishment   Empty Theresa May facing pressure to ban smacking in England after Welsh politicians follow the Scots in moving towards criminalising the punishment

Post by Guest Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:45 am

[*]Wales has launched a three-month consultation on the future of smacking 

[*]Legislators are considering removing a parent's 'reasonable force' defence

[*]The Scottish government is also considering a corporal punishment ban 

[*]However, English parents will still be able to beat their children within 'reason' 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5252771/PM-pressure-ban-smacking-children-England.html#ixzz53m0rsrJc 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Should it be banned?

Back to top Go down

Theresa May facing pressure to ban smacking in England after Welsh politicians follow the Scots in moving towards criminalising the punishment   Empty Re: Theresa May facing pressure to ban smacking in England after Welsh politicians follow the Scots in moving towards criminalising the punishment

Post by nicko Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:05 am

A sharp smack on the leg never "hurt" anyone, got to teach kids right from wrong. No wonder we have kids who do what they like, look at the amount of "Snowflakes" around.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Theresa May facing pressure to ban smacking in England after Welsh politicians follow the Scots in moving towards criminalising the punishment   Empty Re: Theresa May facing pressure to ban smacking in England after Welsh politicians follow the Scots in moving towards criminalising the punishment

Post by Syl Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:43 pm

I think its up to the parent how to discipline their children.
The parents who may give a slap on the leg to a naughty child are not the ones who are harming their children, though I do think if a parent does smack it should be as a last resort and never hard enough to leave a welt or a bruise...which is child abuse imo.

I think far worse than a short slap is the screaming and swearing at children that some parents use to discipline, and imo that would have far more lasting damage...not least to the eardrums.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:49 pm

nicko wrote:A sharp smack on the leg never "hurt" anyone,   got to teach kids right from wrong.    No wonder we have kids who do what they like, look at the amount of "Snowflakes" around.

I agree. I rarely smacked mine, but if I did it was on their bottoms in which they never felt anything, only shock as they wasn't used to it. Did no harm, as it didn't me when a kid.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:56 pm

magica wrote:
nicko wrote:A sharp smack on the leg never "hurt" anyone,   got to teach kids right from wrong.    No wonder we have kids who do what they like, look at the amount of "Snowflakes" around.

I agree. I rarely smacked mine, but if I did it was on their bottoms in which they never felt anything, only shock as they wasn't used to it. Did no harm, as it didn't me when a kid.

I smacked my son a handful of times as a last resort. He once was ruining a holiday abroad we had saved for...he was around 9 and his behaviour was getting more and more disruptive.
In the end I slapped him, I can remember exactly where we were at the time (waiting for a train to visit Porto Solaire in Majorca ) it shocked him, it upset me tbh, but it worked....we had a great holiday after that.

My grandson has never been smacked once, not by me or anyone, he responded better to bribes. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:10 pm

Lol Syl, he knows how to play his nan Laughing
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:30 pm

magica wrote:Lol Syl, he knows how to play his nan Laughing

That is so true. lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:47 pm

Most of my generation had the odd smack, I nor any people i was in school with have criminal careers let alone assault people randomly. I didn't grow up to think hitting someone who diagreed with me was the answer as 'experts' say happens to smacked children.
Strange then that the incidence of violence against teachers and other children is spiralling especially in primary schools.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:15 pm

True Vin, its because chastising from teachers has been taken away, and the kids know it.

They even get rewarded if naughty to make them good. It's a shook up country we live in, a horrible one.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:03 pm

Its a completely mixed up country we live in now, everything seems to be turned on its head. People are being socially coerced into thinking the right thoughts, however daft those thoughts happen to be. It's increasingly difficult to disagree with the thought police and their cronies.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down