NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Well, it's for our own good I guess.

5 posters

Go down

Well, it's for our own good I guess.   Empty Well, it's for our own good I guess.

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:49 pm

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Jeff Sessions is going after legalized marijuana. Sessions is rescinding a policy that had let legalized marijuana flourish without federal intervention across the country.

That's according to two people with direct knowledge of the decision. They were not allowed to publicly discuss it before an announcement expected Thursday and spoke on condition of anonymity.

I feel blessed to live in the land of the free where the government allows me.....................

Just kidding. I have to put up with assholes on the left and the right getting up into my bidness.

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Well, it's for our own good I guess.   Empty Re: Well, it's for our own good I guess.

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:53 pm

For the record, I left off the link. Most posters never click on them anyway. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Well, it's for our own good I guess.   Empty Re: Well, it's for our own good I guess.

Post by Lurker Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:54 pm

Sessions is a one-brain-celled old fart who lives in the past.
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:58 pm

I gather his plan is to leave it up to the local US Attorney. Sounds like a plan cooked up by Sessions and Trump to stoke up the flames of an irrelevant matter, to divert attention away from the Russia matter and WH intrigue.

The timing is telling. They're probably worried about the Wolff book, and the revelations in it.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:08 pm

Original Quill wrote:I gather his plan is to leave it up to the local US Attorney.  Sounds like a plan cooked up by Sessions and Trump to stoke up the flames of an irrelevant matter, to divert attention away from the Russia matter and WH intrigue.

The timing is telling.  They're probably worried about the Wolff book, and the revelations in it.

Sessions has always been a statist drug crusader. Any one that knows anything about him knew this was just a matter of time.

But don't worry, the government is just looking out for you. Show a little appreciation for all of their hard work.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:19 pm

Maddog wrote:
Original Quill wrote:I gather his plan is to leave it up to the local US Attorney.  Sounds like a plan cooked up by Sessions and Trump to stoke up the flames of an irrelevant matter, to divert attention away from the Russia matter and WH intrigue.

The timing is telling.  They're probably worried about the Wolff book, and the revelations in it.

Sessions has always been a statist drug crusader.  Any one that knows anything about him knew this was just a matter of time.  

But don't worry, the government is just looking out for you. Show a little appreciation for all of their hard work.  

I agree with you about Sessions. Still, the decision would be Trump's. I think he decided to pull this book off the shelf, at this time, as a diversion.

If it's left to the US Attorneys to select for themselves whether to enforce, it can't be that impactful. My hunch is that it is aimed at California, which on Jan 1st legalized recreational mj. California alone is the 6th-largest economy in the world, and it's a huge leap for the mj industry.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:44 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Sessions has always been a statist drug crusader.  Any one that knows anything about him knew this was just a matter of time.  

I agree with you about Sessions.  Still, the decision would be Trump's.  I think he decided to pull this book off the shelf, at this time, as a diversion.

If it's left to the US Attorneys to select for themselves whether to enforce, it can't be that impactful.  My hunch is that it is aimed at California, which on Jan 1st legalized recreational mj.  California alone is the 6th-largest economy in the world, and it's a huge leap for the mj industry.

It will be impactful for one of your fellow citizens if an overzealous federal prosecuter decides to drag them through the legal system.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:09 pm

Maddog wrote:For the record, I left off the link.  Most posters never click on them anyway.  Wink

You need to post the link really. We do sort of ask posters to do that.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:10 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:For the record, I left off the link.  Most posters never click on them anyway.  Wink

You need to post the link really.  We do sort of ask posters to do that.

Have you ever asked them to click on them?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:13 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/federal_government/the-latest-us-to-end-policy-that-let-legal-pot-flourish/2018/01/04/f4c8fdd4-f167-11e7-95e3-eff284e71c8d_story.html?utm_term=.307832ddeb36

Here's a link, but it's the wrong link to the same story, sorta.

I can't find the original story anymore. My bad. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:17 pm

Attorney General Jeff Sessions Just Hinted at a Crackdown on Legal Marijuana

http://time.com/4685414/jeff-sessions-recreational-marijuana-legal-crackdown/

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:15 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:

You need to post the link really.  We do sort of ask posters to do that.

Erm, no? But I'm sure most people do.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:49 pm

eddie wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Erm, no? But I'm sure most people do.

It doesn't appear that they do to me.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:50 pm

Original Quill wrote:Attorney General Jeff Sessions Just Hinted at a Crackdown on Legal Marijuana

http://time.com/4685414/jeff-sessions-recreational-marijuana-legal-crackdown/

Yes, like I said.......

Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:20 am

I've never been interested in drugs.
Or arguments about should this drug or that drug be legal/illegal?
I don't G.A.S either way.

Last edited by Jules on Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:22 am; edited 1 time in total

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:22 am

Jules wrote:I've never been interested in drugs.
So I don't G.A.S either way.

They came for the Jews, but I was not a Jew..................................
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:24 am

Yes drug taking impacts on society as a whole.
The last thread I posted in attests to that.
I just cannot work up any interest in it.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:31 am

Jules wrote:Yes drug taking impacts on society as a whole.
The last thread I posted in attests to that.
I just cannot work up any interest in it.

So does drinking. Do you know how many criminals were created when America did prohibition. Sometimes you need to think about how oppressive laws affect your fellow man. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down