NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Muslim doctor turned down by Paris hospital because of his beard

+6
eddie
Vintage
Syl
HoratioTarr
Maddog
'Wolfie
10 posters

Go down

Muslim doctor turned down by Paris hospital because of his beard Empty Muslim doctor turned down by Paris hospital because of his beard

Post by Guest Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:59 am

A French court has recently upheld a Paris hospital’s right to reject a Muslim trainee doctor because he wore a beard. This, it was argued, infringed the French policy of secularism.  Some items – the headscarf or skull cap for example – are always going to fall foul of this policy. However the beard, like the long skirts which have been barred from schools in some cases, is not always a sign of unacceptable religiosity. The precise context is taken into account – and I assume that the religious identity of the wearer is a major factor in determining each case. Libération reports:

“In these circumstances,” the court saw a breach of its obligations to respect secularism and the principle of neutrality of public service, even if the wearing of the beard “was accompanied by no act of proselytism” .It considered that the sanction, the termination of the doctor’s internship agreement, was “not disproportionate” , confirming the judgment rendered in first instance by the administrative court of Montreuil.

It seems particularly intrusive and unnecessary to pry into the doctor’s precise motives in this way – when the same beard on a Christian medic would have attracted no such attention.  Here’s a comment taken from the Telegraph’s Facebook coverage of the story:

Do they also reject trainees with beards worn for nonreligious reasons?
If the answer to that is ‘no’, then they have not prohibited the act of growing a beard so much as they have prohibited what the person might have been thinking about when he committed the act of growing a beard.

In other words, you might say they rejected the trainee due to thoughtcrime.

Several have pointed out that beards might be seen as undesirable for reasons of hygiene – but this is an entirely separate issue, and one which played no role in the court’s decision.

http://hurryupharry.org/2018/01/01/Muslim-doctor-turned-down-by-paris-hospital-because-of-his-beard/

An additional link, to this story, is as follows:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/01/french-hospital-rejects-trainee-doctor-due-religious-beard/

Have too say, the ruling is very wrong. Its formed from a prejudice. Where there is a world shortage of medically trained personnel.

Back to top Go down

Muslim doctor turned down by Paris hospital because of his beard Empty Re: Muslim doctor turned down by Paris hospital because of his beard

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:01 pm

Cool

The French courts have been arseholes for centuries...

Only have to see how they keep on defending French scum and murdering cowards and nuclear tests in the Pacific..

Just a further extension of their nationalistic "fuck the world" arrogance.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Muslim doctor turned down by Paris hospital because of his beard Empty Re: Muslim doctor turned down by Paris hospital because of his beard

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:11 pm

There goes my career as a French doctor. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:51 pm

I think beards are unhygienic. I think they should be banned from hospitals and restaurant kitchens unless they are covered up with special gear. Horrible fucking things.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:03 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:I think beards are unhygienic.   I think they should be banned from hospitals and restaurant kitchens unless they are covered up with special gear.   Horrible fucking things.  

I agree...all beards should be banned in hospitals, and not just banned because the wearer may look like a terrorist...according to Prince Philip anyway. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:37 pm

Not keen on beards unless they are short and well kept, don't like the straggling hanging down the chest thing. I've always wondered why, with all the problems with terrorists and organisations who generally have the straggly beards, it was suddenly fashionable to have that very thing.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:43 pm

Wrong wrong wrong. This is not acceptable. You can't start telling people how to wear their fucking facial hair!! No way.

As an aside, I love beards. I cannot stand that silky faced smoothness of a shaven face on a man. Ugh, makes me really repulsed, at east have some stubble otherwise your face feels like a woman!
Sorry, I really like manly males, I'm extremely feminine like that.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:48 pm

eddie wrote:Wrong wrong wrong. This is not acceptable. You can't start telling people how to wear their fucking facial hair!! No way.

As an aside, I love beards. I cannot stand that silky faced smoothness of a shaven face on a man. Ugh, makes me really repulsed, at east have some stubble otherwise your face feels like a woman!
Well if I am being examined I don't want some blokes hairy beard dangling in my whatever....so if beards are allowed they should have a hairnet on them. snobby
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:20 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:Wrong wrong wrong. This is not acceptable. You can't start telling people how to wear their fucking facial hair!! No way.

Well if I am being examined I don't want some blokes hairy beard dangling in my whatever....so if beards are allowed they should have a hairnet on them. snobby

Come on Syl. Let me take a peek at what ails ya.  Shocked

Muslim doctor turned down by Paris hospital because of his beard Beard10
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:07 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:I think beards are unhygienic.   I think they should be banned from hospitals and restaurant kitchens unless they are covered up with special gear.   Horrible fucking things.  

So what is the point of surgical masks?

I mean, if your stand point is on hygiene, best we shaved everyones heads of hair. You cannot pick and choose here.

Such a ruling is discrimination and its wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Vintage Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:10 pm

Hair nets may be an idea I believe Sikh men use them - on their beards.

Vintage
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:13 pm

Vintage wrote:Hair nets may be an idea I believe Sikh men use them - on their beards.

Which means they can also wear surgical masks, of which they do already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:48 pm

I don't like beards I think it makes men look old - having said that beards are all the fashion now - my youngest has had one for years .

It's wrong to refuse someone a job because of a beard there are nets they can wear so what's the problem .

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:39 pm

Didge wrote:

I mean, if your stand point is on hygiene, best we shaved everyones heads of hair. You cannot pick and choose here.

In certain hospitals beards aren’t allowed because they prevent a proper seal when using respirators. As for shedding, I've sadly had a meal where beard hair got into the food at an Indian restaurant. You can keep a beard as trimmed and clean as you like but that won't stop it shedding.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:41 pm

Also, the surgical mask isn't just to protect the patient.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:06 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

That man looks like he could have a blow torch or a drill in his concealed hand....his beard would be the least of my worries. pale
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:13 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

In certain hospitals beards aren’t allowed  because they prevent a proper seal when using respirators.  As for shedding, I've sadly had a meal where beard hair got into the food at an Indian restaurant.   You can keep a beard as trimmed and clean as you like but that won't stop it shedding.

Come on. You are being over the top here and I bet its more down to personal preference.

As you are avoiding the main issue here

Nobody is asking you to shave off your hair on your head. As of which you would have to do, based on your argument of unhygenic.

As you certainly cannot keep long hair trimmed can you.

The reality is, that is was discrimination and why you are not applying the same standard on any body hair?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:29 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

That man looks like he could have a blow torch or a drill in his concealed  hand....his beard would be the least of my worries. pale

That "man" is Maddog. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:45 pm

Syl wrote:
Maddog wrote:

That man looks like he could have a blow torch or a drill in his concealed  hand....his beard would be the least of my worries. pale

I had my phone in one hand, and probably a beer in the other. I was at one of the local breweries before Critical Mass (a bike ride).
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:48 pm

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:

I had my phone in one hand, and probably a beer in the other. I was at one of the local breweries before Critical Mass (a bike ride).  

It adds thirty years to you. I'll bet you're quite handsome under all that. bounce
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:49 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It adds thirty years to you.   I'll bet you're quite handsome under all that. bounce

Shit!!!!

I look 84?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:50 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

In certain hospitals beards aren’t allowed  because they prevent a proper seal when using respirators.  As for shedding, I've sadly had a meal where beard hair got into the food at an Indian restaurant.   You can keep a beard as trimmed and clean as you like but that won't stop it shedding.

Come on. You are being over the top here and I bet its more down to personal preference.

Nobody is asking you to shave off your hair on your head. As of which you would have to do, based on your argument of unhygenic.

The reality is, that is was discrimination and why you are not applying the same standard on any body hair?

You're right, it is down to personal preference. I'd rather not have a doctor with a beard nor a cook. There's only one thing worse than a man with a beard, and that's a man with a beard smoking a cigar. Looks like Lassie taking a shit.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:50 pm

Maddog wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

It adds thirty years to you.   I'll bet you're quite handsome under all that. bounce

Shit!!!!

I look 84?

I would have said late eighties. Come on, shave it off and give us all a surprise.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:53 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Shit!!!!

I look 84?

I would have said late eighties.   Come on, shave it off and give us all a surprise.

I'll ask my Albanian princess. She has to approve these things.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:55 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

You're right, it is down to personal preference.  I'd rather not have a doctor with a beard nor a cook.    There's only one thing worse than a man with a beard, and that's a man with a beard smoking a cigar.  Looks like Lassie taking a shit.

I would rather have a doctor, that cared and actually could help save many lives.
We all have pet peeves, but that should never be the diciding factor. Or on employing medically trained people.

You have to underatand, humans, are a species of Ape. Give the timeframe, 4,000 years ago. A beard, would have seemed like a sexual magnate for women.

Its why we should look to compremise over such pet peeves

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:55 pm

Maddog wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I would have said late eighties.   Come on, shave it off and give us all a surprise.

It'll grow back. I bet you'll look years younger and wow us all on here. sleaze
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:58 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It'll grow back.   I bet you'll look years younger and wow us all on here. sleaze

She has to look at me all the time, y'all, not so much. She has complete control over my grooming decisions.

Not that she cares one way or another if I'm being honest. Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:59 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

You're right, it is down to personal preference.  I'd rather not have a doctor with a beard nor a cook.    There's only one thing worse than a man with a beard, and that's a man with a beard smoking a cigar.  Looks like Lassie taking a shit.

I would rather have a doctor, that cared and actually could help save many lives.
We all have pet peeves, but that should never be the diciding factor. Or on employing medically trained people.

You have to underatand, humans, are a species of Ape. Give the timeframe, 4,000 years ago. A beard, would have seemed like a sexual magnate for women.

Nah, not me, matey. I'm like one of those blokes who can't abide hairy pits and a busby-esque minge on a woman. Ever been kissed by a man with a beard? And it tickles like fuck down below. But I digress....

I expect all doctors to be good ones, bearded or not.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:02 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

Nah, not me, matey.   I'm like one of those blokes who can't abide hairy pits and a busby-esque minge on a woman.    Ever been kissed by a man with a beard?   And it tickles like fuck down below.   But I digress....

You really do have some pet peeves.
The reality is, beards are not going to stop them being good ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:07 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

That "man" is Maddog. Rolling Eyes

Oh right...well how was I supposed to know that? lol!
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:07 am

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

On a more serious note, the general theory about arm and pubic hair is to trap sweat and scent. Which back in the neanderthal age might have been attractive. These days we prefer not to smell of sweaty arms and arse, hence the huge perfume industry and our modern day washing facilities. Pheromones still get past the soap and water and cologne. You don't need a sweaty pit or disco fanny to do the job these days.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:08 am

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Nah, not me, matey.   I'm like one of those blokes who can't abide hairy pits and a busby-esque minge on a woman.    Ever been kissed by a man with a beard?   And it tickles like fuck down below.   But I digress....

You really do have some pet peeves.
The reality is, beards are not going to stop them being good ones.

I never said it would.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:11 am

Shaving one’s pubic region is nothing new in history, from the Ancient Egyptians to modern day times the trend has come and gone and then come again. For instance, in the 15th century it was commonplace for women particularly to shave pubic hair for hygienic reasons, particularly as a defence against lice.

While the practice of shaving one’s private bits has been around for ages, the 19th century British took it to another level. It was common at this time to cut off some of your pubic hair and give it to a lover as a gift. Men would even affix this hair to their hats. When not displaying it in such ways, keeping a collection of it from one’s various lovers was a thing. For instance, King George IV kept his collection of women’s pubes from his various mistresses in a snuff box. St. Andrews University in Scotland currently possess this snuffbox filled with pubic hair.

Well, I never!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:13 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

On a more serious note,  the general theory about arm and pubic hair is to trap sweat and scent.   Which back in the neanderthal age might have been attractive.   These days we prefer not to smell of sweaty arms and arse, hence the huge perfume industry and our modern day washing facilities.    Pheromones still get past the soap and water and cologne.   You don't need a sweaty pit or disco fanny to do the job these days.

I very much disagree here also.
Our bodies react differently to fragrances and they enhance a smell, that both men and women are attracted to. This is simpling exploiting an ancient market. Now from what I understand, its still masculinity, where they perspire. That kicks the hormones into function.

I could be wrong, but the reality is, that, we all seem to have unique and individual smell.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:17 am

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

On a more serious note,  the general theory about arm and pubic hair is to trap sweat and scent.   Which back in the neanderthal age might have been attractive.   These days we prefer not to smell of sweaty arms and arse, hence the huge perfume industry and our modern day washing facilities.    Pheromones still get past the soap and water and cologne.   You don't need a sweaty pit or disco fanny to do the job these days.

Our bodies react differently to fragrances and they enhance a smell, that both men and women are attracted to. This is simpling exploiting an ancient market. Now from what I understand, its still masculinity, where they perspire. That kicks the hormones into function.

I could be wrong, but the reality is, that, we all seem to have unique and individual smell.

Yes, the pheromones are unique to us all. There was an experiment once where a group of women were asked to sniff a pile of shirts that had been worn all day by their men. Every single one of them picked out their husband's shirt correctly.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:24 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

Yes, the pheromones are unique to us all.   There was an experiment once where a group of women were asked to sniff a pile of shirts that had been worn all day by their men.   Every single one of them picked out their husband's shirt correctly.  

Sense of smell is probably the strongest sense we have.
I think its one of the things that draw us to someone...or turns us off...and the smell of someone can stay with us years after they have gone.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:19 am

I dislike beards but Mr. C and both juniors have one. Go figure.

I do have a fondness for men with long hair though...

Doesnt bother me at all if a doctor/cook or whoever has a beard or not. Feel the same about hair color/tattoos/dress/ religious symbols/piercings etc...as long as they do their job or save my life then they can be them.

Last edited by Cass on Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:02 am

It's unhygienic

So good call

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:56 am

Cass wrote:I dislike beards but Me. C and both juniors have one. Go figure.

Doesnt bother me at all if a doctor/cook or whoever has a beard or not. Feel the same about hair color/tattoos/dress/ religious symbols/piercings etc...as long as they do their job or save my life then they can be them.

You have a beard? Fascinating.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:31 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Cass wrote:I dislike beards but Me. C and both juniors have one. Go figure.

You have a beard?   Fascinating.

I wondered that too.. Razz but having seen the lovely Cass's photos, I think it may be a typo.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:24 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I wondered that too.. Razz  but having seen the lovely Cass's photos, I think it may be a typo.

I should hope so Suspect
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Wed Jan 03, 2018 2:52 pm

Was the beard causing hygiene issues?

Hygiene takes priority in all clinical settings.

Hygiene comes first, always.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:36 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I wondered that too.. Razz  but having seen the lovely Cass's photos, I think it may be a typo.

Lol lol. You ladies just made my day! Thanks for the laughs.

It won’t let me give you green thingys so here ya go alien alien

Last edited by Cass on Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:55 pm

Cass wrote:
Syl wrote:

Lol lol. You ladies just made my day! Thanks for the laughs.

It won’t let give you green thingys so here ya go alien alien

Lol...Two for the price of one..thank you Cass' Muslim doctor turned down by Paris hospital because of his beard 2385359624
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:01 pm

[quote="HoratioTarr"]
Didge wrote:

Its why we should look to compremise over such pet peeves[/quote

Disco fanny! That's an image that wil take some getting over

Last edited by Miffs2 on Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:03 pm

Didge wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:11 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Didge wrote:

Yes, the pheromones are unique to us all.   There was an experiment once where a group of women were asked to sniff a pile of shirts that had been worn all day by their men.   Every single one of them picked out their husband's shirt correctly.  

Which shows how animalistic humans still very much are.
You find with many animal species they leave their scent to mark their territory. Humans do this the same within relationships. When they wear the scent that most entices their partners.
They are basically marking their territory.

How else do you think all these women picked out their husbands shirts?
It would mean that it is ingrained this tribalistic ability in all humans.
Its certainly not an ability to control who we are, but it certainly proves humans know how to play off each others individual smells, that bind them.

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:55 pm

In Roman times Women used to buy the sweat scraped off the winning Gladiators !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:58 pm

nicko wrote:In Roman times Women used to buy the sweat scraped off the winning Gladiators !

Muslim doctor turned down by Paris hospital because of his beard 3633442240
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down