NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lewis Hamilton apologises for saying boys dont wear princess dresses.

+2
HoratioTarr
Syl
6 posters

Go down

Lewis Hamilton apologises for saying boys dont wear princess dresses. Empty Lewis Hamilton apologises for saying boys dont wear princess dresses.

Post by Syl Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:36 pm

Not sure why he felt the need to apologise...that's his opinion shared by millions, are only certain people allowed to voice their views nowadays?...seems so.

"Lewis Hamilton, who sparked outrage after sharing a video of himself telling his nephew that "boys don’t wear princess dresses,” has apologised on Twitter.
The Formula One driver took to Twitter to apologise for any offence he caused after posting a Snapchat update on Christmas Day."

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/lewis-hamilton-snapchat-video-apology-twitter-nephew-a8129271.html
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Lewis Hamilton apologises for saying boys dont wear princess dresses. Empty Re: Lewis Hamilton apologises for saying boys dont wear princess dresses.

Post by HoratioTarr Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:42 pm

i do wish these celebrities would have more balls.   The same thing happened with Katy Perry having to apologise for wearing braids in her video.

Last edited by HoratioTarr on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Lewis Hamilton apologises for saying boys dont wear princess dresses. Empty Re: Lewis Hamilton apologises for saying boys dont wear princess dresses.

Post by Syl Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:48 pm

I know...its pathetic the way they bow down to any sort of public criticism.

Whether you agree with his original comments  or not (and I do) he is as entitled to voice his opinion about a member of his own family as the gender neutral brigade are...some of whom would happily ban any mention of male or female and anything remotely connected to their differences. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:59 pm

I couldn't disagree more, he put the boy's photo on and held him up to ridicule. If I was the child's mother I would have gone round and slapped him. Would he have done the same thing if his neice had dressed up as Superman? My children had a dressing up box and my son would dress in anthing he wanted to, male or female. As he grew into a 6' 7* strapping man with a family, I fail to see how it affected him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:09 pm

Lewis Hamilton is a spineless coward, he is endorsing and engaging in child abuse and embracing anti science by apologizing for this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:36 pm

it was family banter for heavens sake

the kid didn't care nor did his mum

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:41 pm

I simply have no idea why this whole kids dressing up is such a major issue. Kids dress up, it's what they do.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:57 am

sassy wrote:I couldn't disagree more, he put the boy's photo on and held him up to ridicule.   If I was the child's mother I would have gone round and slapped him.   Would he have done the same thing if his neice had dressed up as Superman?   My children had a dressing up box and my son would dress in anthing he wanted to, male or female.   As he grew into a 6' 7* strapping man with a family, I fail to see how it affected him.  

He was joking Sassy....kids love to be teased like this.
He put on a sad face and started with.."I am so sad right now"..it was clearly a jokey video.
He wasn't shaming the lad, he was playing with him,
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:00 pm

eddie wrote:I simply have no idea why this whole kids dressing up is such a major issue. Kids dress up, it's what they do.

Who has made this a major issue....Lewis Hamilton sharing a funny family video on social media, or the rabid pc brigade seizing at yet another opportunity to brainwash the population that there should be no 'gender stereotyping'? Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:02 pm

gelico wrote:

it was family banter for heavens sake

the kid didn't care nor did his mum

cheers .... alien
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:08 pm

He is now being criticised because his apology is not genuine...maybe he should publicly flog himself Rolling Eyes

"Lewis Hamilton has been slammed for his 'insincere' apology after coming under under fire for 'gender-shaming' his nephew.
The Formula One driver was blasted by fans after admitting he was 'so sad' his nephew chose to wear a princess dress on Christmas day.
He took to Twitter and apologised for his 'unacceptable' behaviour - but then liked a series of tweets claiming he did nothing wrong.
The shocking tweets liked by Lewis included a host claiming his self-confessed 'inappropriate' comments were merely 'harmless banter' and 'political correctness gone mad'."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/lewis-hamilton-slammed-insincere-apology-11756253
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:45 pm

Im sic of the handwringers, they take everything way to seriously and spoil any fun we have.

Some day it will be a crime to smile ffs.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:23 pm

magica wrote:Im sic of the handwringers, they take everything way to seriously and spoil any fun we have.

Some day it will be a crime to smile ffs.

Yep....you can have a alien too. albino
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:00 pm

sassy wrote:I couldn't disagree more, he put the boy's photo on and held him up to ridicule.   If I was the child's mother I would have gone round and slapped him.   Would he have done the same thing if his neice had dressed up as Superman?   My children had a dressing up box and my son would dress in anthing he wanted to, male or female.   As he grew into a 6' 7* strapping man with a family, I fail to see how it affected him.  

I think his height was predetermined by genetics, and probably helped along by proper nutrition. I don't think what a person wears has any impact on their height. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:05 pm

I wonder what Sassy actually did put in her sons food....6'7'' is very tall. Cool

My youngest grandson is 18 and 6'4''....and he towers above most people.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:07 pm

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I simply have no idea why this whole kids dressing up is such a major issue. Kids dress up, it's what they do.

Who has made this a major issue....Lewis Hamilton sharing a funny family video on social media, or the rabid pc brigade  seizing at yet another opportunity to brainwash the population that there should be no 'gender stereotyping'? Rolling Eyes

The foaming PC brigade aka the boring people.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:09 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Who has made this a major issue....Lewis Hamilton sharing a funny family video on social media, or the rabid pc brigade  seizing at yet another opportunity to brainwash the population that there should be no 'gender stereotyping'? Rolling Eyes

Well then you can count US out. Lewis Hamilton apologises for saying boys dont wear princess dresses. 2385359624
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:33 am

Syl wrote:He is now being criticised because his apology is not genuine...maybe he should publicly flog himself Rolling Eyes

"Lewis Hamilton has been slammed for his 'insincere' apology after coming under under fire for 'gender-shaming' his nephew.
The Formula One driver was blasted by fans after admitting he was 'so sad' his nephew chose to wear a princess dress on Christmas day.
He took to Twitter and apologised for his 'unacceptable' behaviour - but then liked a series of tweets claiming he did nothing wrong.
The shocking tweets liked by Lewis included a host claiming his self-confessed 'inappropriate' comments were merely 'harmless banter' and 'political correctness gone mad'."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/lewis-hamilton-slammed-insincere-apology-11756253

I would have thought that Lewis would have been man enough to tell the twatish tweeters to sod off....

Oops................
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:44 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

That's your lot eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:48 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Syl wrote:He is now being criticised because his apology is not genuine...maybe he should publicly flog himself Rolling Eyes

I would have thought that Lewis would have been man enough to tell the twatish tweeters to sod off....

Oops................

He will lose his sponsors and contracts

Money talks

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:42 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Oops................
Apparently not. Rolling Eyes
His grovelling apology to appease the rabid pc brigade actually had the opposite effect anyway.
For one it gave his original post more publicity, then after he withdrew it and apologised, he was criticised for apologising in the first place....and also for an insincere apology.

He should have followed that old rule.....'never complain never explain'.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:20 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

That's your lot eddie

Is it? Pray tell me more.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:32 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

That's your lot eddie

Is it? Pray tell me more.

Dont you support the transgender agenda??

Weren't you one of the screamers having a go at me for saying we shouldn't be so ready to embrace this mental illness??

You cannot support transgenderism and then back away when the reality of what you're supporting comes to light.

This is you liberals at work here.

It sure as shit isn't my team pushing this is it??

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:34 pm

I'm not sure what "team" you think I'm on but I'm not ten years old. I don't have a team or a gang.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:47 pm

eddie wrote:I'm not sure what "team" you think I'm on but I'm not ten years old. I don't have a team or a gang.  

You're a leftwing liberal

I'm a right wing neo nazi fascist.

Those are the teams eddie.

You support liberalism and all that goes with it including social justice issue like transgenderism and the 670.7653 different genders of transgenderism.

So when we hear the anti science liberal lunatics howling at Lewis Hamilton for stating the obvious???

Well its not coming  from my side of the political social divide

Is it??

No, the screaming and shrieking is coming from the side of the fence that you occupy, hence your side are responsible for this lunacy.

Its like "yay liberalism, yay transgenderism.............. Wait what is this madness?"

"errrrrr its liberalism and transgenderism"

"oh no this isn't what I support, I didn't know THIS is what liberalism and transgenderism was"

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:13 pm

I don't pick a side. I believe what I believe in, simple (though perhaps most of my beliefs do fall in the "liberal" category) hence the reason that long-gone posters have called me a "right wing Nazi whore".

When you simply don't have an open mind you become a robot.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:17 pm

The question to ask here is simple

Are people responsible for what they say, when they put this out in the public?

The simple answer is yes.

Everyone is entittled to an opinion, just as anyone is entittled to be critical of that opinion.

It does not matter whether you agree with Hamilton or not. What matters is whether people have a right to be critical of something posted in public.

Even more when they are a sports celebrity.

The answer is yes.

So is no good smelly kicking his dummy out of the pram here, being as he is one of the biggest critics of people and their opinions.

Eiether he agrees people have a right to be critical, or he has the biggest double standards going

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:38 pm

eddie wrote:I don't pick a side. I believe what I believe in, simple (though perhaps most of my beliefs do fall in the "liberal" category) hence the reason that long-gone posters have called me a "right wing Nazi whore".

I didn't say You picked a side only that you have one, and it tends to be people who call themselves liberals, like you but in reality turn out to be the most intolerant bigots imaginable

Who is pushing the issue of transgenderism down everyone's throats??

Liberals or Conservatives??

Liberals

When homosexuality and religious views clash, liberals always side with homosexuality even though doing so temples religious freedoms

Liberals favour abortion and like I posted in another thread say things like "the only good baby is a dead baby"

You can't call yourself liberal, supported liberalism and liberal agendas and then drop it like a hot potato when the dark side rears its ugly head, claiming you didn't know

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:44 pm

Syl wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Oops................
His grovelling apology to appease the rabid pc brigade actually had the opposite effect anyway.
For one it gave his original post more publicity, then after he withdrew it and apologised, he was criticised for apologising in the first place....and also  for an insincere apology.

Oh dear, my post appears to have been somewhat treated too seriously - "...Lewis would have been man enough..."?

I expected the PC Thought Police here to have jumped down my throat and accused me of "sexism", "genderism" or some other sort of inappropriate identification of gender by using the word "man" - just as that NHS doctor was forced to issue a grovelling apology for having written that some bloke had "manfully" struggled to get his kid to the hospital.

Doh!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:01 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Syl wrote:
For one it gave his original post more publicity, then after he withdrew it and apologised, he was criticised for apologising in the first place....and also  for an insincere apology.

Oh dear, my post appears to have been somewhat treated too seriously -  "...Lewis would have been man enough..."?

I expected the PC Thought Police here to have jumped down my throat and accused me of "sexism", "genderism" or some other sort of inappropriate identification of gender by using  the word "man" - just as that NHS doctor was forced to issue a grovelling apology for having written that some bloke had "manfully" struggled to get his kid to the hospital.

Doh!

I wasn't rolling my eyes at you, more the lack of backbone on Hamiltons part, but mostly the people who get so offended so very quickly when other people post innocent pics and comments like he did for fun.

I remember the way the Dr was pilloried, as have numerous other people been when they just speak openly and without any malice....and it annoys me when they rush in with an apology.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:39 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Syl wrote:

Oh dear, my post appears to have been somewhat treated too seriously -  "...Lewis would have been man enough..."?

I expected the PC Thought Police here to have jumped down my throat and accused me of "sexism", "genderism" or some other sort of inappropriate identification of gender by using  the word "man" - just as that NHS doctor was forced to issue a grovelling apology for having written that some bloke had "manfully" struggled to get his kid to the hospital.

Doh!

Whether you think its right or wrong, clearly Hamilton, has taken on board criticism and now agrees it was wrong what he did. Or in reality, he cared more about his image.

Nobody forced him to change his mind, as nobody held a gun against his head.

Even the GP, did so on his own accord, nobody forced him to do so. Even though to me, that GP did nothing wrong.

Either you stand by what you believe or you do not.

Its different if a body or employer forces somebody to write an apology, when there was no harm intended. That is completely wrong.

So where is your distain really for?

It should be to those who bowed down to nothing more than words online, chastizing them.

So, it shows their image mattered more than thier supposed principles here.

What does that really say about those people?

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:28 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:I don't pick a side. I believe what I believe in, simple (though perhaps most of my beliefs do fall in the "liberal" category) hence the reason that long-gone posters have called me a "right wing Nazi whore".

I didn't say You picked a side only that you have one, and it tends to be people who call  themselves liberals, like you but in reality turn out to be the most intolerant bigots imaginable

Liberals

When homosexuality and religious views clash, liberals always side with homosexuality even though doing so temples religious freedoms

Liberals favour abortion and like I posted in another thread say things like "the only good baby is a dead baby"

You can't call yourself liberal, supported liberalism and liberal agendas and then drop it like a hot potato when the dark side rears its ugly head, claiming you didn't know

There are times when I don't agree with liberal ideas. So yeah, I don't believe in siding for the sake of siding.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:30 pm

eddie wrote:
smelly-bandit wrote:

I didn't say You picked a side only that you have one, and it tends to be people who call  themselves liberals, like you but in reality turn out to be the most intolerant bigots imaginable

Liberals

There are times when I don't agree with liberal ideas. So yeah, I don't believe in siding for the sake of siding.

whens that??

from what ive seen,every issue that comes up, you come down on the liberal side of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 29, 2017 7:33 pm

smelly-bandit wrote:
eddie wrote:

whens that??

from what ive seen,every issue that comes up, you come down on the liberal side of it.

Cant be worse than coming down on the Far right side, that you always do.

I see the point has gone over your head

Whether you think its right or wrong, clearly Hamilton, has taken on board criticism and now agrees it was wrong what he did. Or in reality, he cared more about his image.

Nobody forced him to change his mind, as nobody held a gun against his head.

Even the GP, did so on his own accord, nobody forced him to do so. Even though to me, that GP did nothing wrong.

Either you stand by what you believe or you do not.

Its different if a body or employer forces somebody to write an apology, when there was no harm intended. That is completely wrong.

So where is your distain really for?

It should be to those who bowed down to nothing more than words online, chastizing them.

So, it shows their image mattered more than thier supposed principles here.

What does that really say about those people?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down