NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brick

+7
Maddog
Cass
Syl
SEXY MAMA
'Wolfie
eddie
Ben Reilly
11 posters

Go down

Brick Empty Brick

Post by Ben Reilly Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:12 am

Brick is believed to have been invented in the early Neolithic era and offered severamany advantages over rock. Far from being the mere blunt object murder weapon of the cowardly, brick was and is shaped like a rectangle in most cases, though some rare examples of triangular brick are extant. But the main advantage was that its regular shape could be and would be and was and is used to create uniformly shaped structures that was not possible with rock. Brick was and is created by many materials, starting in Ancient Mesopotamia, where mud and straw were combined. In modern-day Great Britain, sometimes animal dung was used for a stronger and stronger smelling brick, not to mention the dung was sometimes smeared by women on their breasts to ward away potential rapists. Of the many uses for brick, one of the least well known is as a doorstop but that's what I mainly use brick for to this very day. Brick also has purposes including for use by the walls of military forts and whorehouses. The full extent of the uses of brick may never be fully known.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Brick Empty Re: Brick

Post by eddie Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:33 am

Oh. How fascinating. I was just thinking about Bricks and their many uses, about twenty seven minutes ago.

I never know that women smeared animal dung-brick-substance on their breasts to ward off would-be rapists - this seems like a pretty smart thing to do if you didn't mind walking about with smelly tits obvs.

Do you know any facts about the quarry bricks of the sedimentary kind?

Oh! And further to this, do bricks live in houses made of bricks? That's a wonderment

Last edited by eddie on Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : V)
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:32 am

Cool

Give me two bricks,  and I could "fix Smelly's wagon"...

Permanently..

P.S.  They have also made hexagonal (i.e. six-sided) bricks over the years.

grin angel
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:44 am

Erm ok BEN

Thanks for the fascinating ‘facts’

SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:56 pm

They also hurt if they fall on your head...don't mess with bricks.
Brick Brick-head-26666501
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:59 pm

But what about sand?

You could sit me down with a pile of it and for eternity I would never figure out by heating it you can make glass.

HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN?????
Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:29 pm

Fun fact!

3.8 billion bricks were used to build the Great Wall of China!

Incidentally Ben, do you know where the word "brick" came from? Well I can tell you fam, it came from the word "bric-a-brac" which simply means "some rubble and sand and ting"
The last part (a-brac) was dropped because people were lazy in them there days (they also had very smelly tits due to the dung bricks rape-avoidance fuckery) and they simply called them "brics"

Later of course, a well clever bloke said that the word looked unfinished and added the "k". He was responsible for adding all the k's and later went on to join the KFC gang to make chicken*

* Fun fact! He didn't put the "k" in chicken, that was already there yet no one really cares why.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:40 pm

Cass wrote:But what about sand?

You could sit me down with a pile of it and for eternity I would never figure out by heating it you can make glass.

Maybe from lightning hitting it?

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/but-not-simpler/what-really-happens-when-lightning-strikes-sand-the-science-behind-a-viral-photo/
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:49 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:Brick is believed to have been invented in the early Neolithic era and offered severamany advantages over rock. Far from being the mere blunt object murder weapon of the cowardly, brick was and is shaped like a rectangle in most cases, though some rare examples of triangular brick are extant. But the main advantage was that its regular shape could be and would be and was and is used to create uniformly shaped structures that was not possible with rock. Brick was and is created by many materials, starting in Ancient Mesopotamia, where mud and straw were combined. In modern-day Great Britain, sometimes animal dung was used for a stronger and stronger smelling brick, not to mention the dung was sometimes smeared by women on their breasts to ward away potential rapists. Of the many uses for brick, one of the least well known is as a doorstop but that's what I mainly use brick for to this very day. Brick also has purposes including for use by the walls of military forts and whorehouses. The full extent of the uses of brick may never be fully known.

Another use: UK washing machines contain a large brick to lessen the vibrations during spin cycles.

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:56 pm

Cass wrote:But what about sand?

Heat is the magic 'ingredient' which changes the chemical structure, physical structure, appearance, transparency, everything.  Laughing

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:52 pm

Jules wrote:
Another use: UK washing machines contain a large brick to lessen the vibrations during spin cycles.

A washing machine with a brick stabiliser that is askew / missing soon breaks free of its constraints  ...... and starts 'dancing' across the room!!

Brick Washer

Brick Washing_machine_trampoline_TOO_BIG

I speak from experience. You walk into the room and there it is,  ''sashaying'' sexily towards you. If it wasn't so spooky it'd be funny. 
lol!

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:13 pm

It's not a brick, it's a lump of Concrete, it is in the UK so there !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:23 pm

nicko wrote:It's not a brick, it's a lump of Concrete,   it is in the UK so there !

OK then, Nicko.  Laughing

The lump of concrete is brick-shaped tho.
Anyway I heard there's a new design of machine that will no longer need bricks/lumps. 
Ho hum.  Smile

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:32 pm

iT'S not shaped like a brick in the UK, it's either like a round donut or some shape I can't describe. But like you I don't really care ! Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:14 pm

Everyone cares about bricks, really.
Unless you're just weird.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:45 pm

Bricks make houses, houses make homes, home is where the heart is.
How can we not I love you bricks.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:00 am

Syl wrote:Bricks make houses, houses make homes, home is where the heart is.
How can we not I love you  bricks.

The yellow ones make roads that lead to the enchanted city.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:04 am

Maddog wrote:
Syl wrote:Bricks make houses, houses make homes, home is where the heart is.
How can we not I love you  bricks.

The yellow ones make roads that lead to the enchanted city.  

Good point Maddog....and Elton John sings about yellow ones too. cheers
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Cass Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:42 am

Cass
Cass
the Nerd Queen of Nerds, the Lover of Books who Cooks

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:53 am

See? Bricks bring people together. Who'd have thunk it?
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:56 pm

Just shows that when people log in and walk to talk.... they will join in any old rubbish. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by SEXY MAMA Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:22 pm

Syl wrote:Just shows that when people log in and walk to talk.... they will join in any old rubbish. Razz

Hahaha!
SEXY MAMA
SEXY MAMA
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:53 pm

eddie wrote:Fun fact!

Incidentally Ben, do you know where the word "brick" came from? Well I can tell you fam, it came from the word "bric-a-brac" which simply means "some rubble and sand and ting"
The last part (a-brac) was dropped because people were lazy in them there days (they also had very smelly tits due to the dung bricks rape-avoidance fuckery) and they simply called them "brics"

Later of course, a well clever bloke said that the word looked unfinished and added the "k".  He was responsible for adding all the k's and later went on to join the KFC gang to make chicken*

* Fun fact! He didn't put the "k" in chicken, that was already there yet no one really cares why.

the chicen found the ''k'' when he was crossing the road. he was gonna kick it to the kerb but the kerb already had a ''k'' so the chicen embraced the ''k'' and kept it with him and became chicken,,,,cos he's a caring chicen after all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:53 pm

eddie wrote:Fun fact!

Later of course, a well clever bloke said that the word looked unfinished and added the "k".  He was responsible for adding all the k's and later went on to join the KFC gang to make chicken*

the chicen found the ''k'' when he was crossing the road. he was gonna kick it to the kerb but the kerb already had a ''k'' so the chicen embraced the ''k'' and kept it with him and became chicken,,,,cos he's a caring chicen after all

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:48 am

Brick. Brick. Brick.

Brick, brick, brick,

Brick! Brick! Brick!
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:29 pm

I wonder who first decided a brick should be called a brick? imagine if the word "love" was first called "brick" and vice versa......I brick you....doesn't sound right.
But...I have built this house with love (because bricks are now named love) does sound right.

When cavemen first moulded mud into an oblong shape did they grunt something that sounded like 'brick'...is that how bricks came to be named bricks?

The origin of language is quite fascinating.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:32 pm

Syl wrote:I wonder who first decided a brick should be called a brick? imagine if the word "love" was first called "brick" and vice versa......I brick you....doesn't sound right.
But...I have built this house with love (because bricks are now named love) does sound right.

When cavemen first moulded mud into an oblong shape did they grunt something that sounded like 'brick'...is that how bricks came to be named bricks?

I think you might be drunk. drunken
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:39 pm

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:I wonder who first decided a brick should be called a brick? imagine if the word "love" was first called "brick" and vice versa......I brick you....doesn't sound right.

I think you might be drunk. drunken

Nope, when I am drunk I actually talk sense. Brick 630750432
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:11 pm

Brick is the Middle English version of either the Low Dutch brike or Flemish brijke and was probably introduced by itinerant Flemish workmen in the 15th century.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:27 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:Brick is the Middle English version of either the Low Dutch brike or Flemish brijke and was probably introduced by itinerant Flemish workmen in the 15th century.

Thank you Fred, thats blows my caveman grunt theory right out of the water. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:04 pm

Syl wrote:When cavemen first moulded mud into an oblong shape did they grunt something that sounded like 'brick'...is that how bricks came to be named bricks?

Could be a contraction of 'bathroom' and 'ick', which might shed some light on the origins of bricks as well.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:13 am

Syl wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:Brick is the Middle English version of either the Low Dutch brike or Flemish brijke and was probably introduced by itinerant Flemish workmen in the 15th century.

Thank you Fred, thats blows my caveman grunt theory right out of the water. Razz

Maybe you were thinking of Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble at the time, Syl.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down