NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Science Says These Police Tactics Reduce Crime

5 posters

Go down

Science Says These Police Tactics Reduce Crime Empty Science Says These Police Tactics Reduce Crime

Post by Guest Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:24 am

When Bill de Blasio first ran for New York City mayor four years ago, ending “stop-and-frisk” police searches was a cornerstone of his campaign. Critics warned halting the practice would fuel crime. But this week de Blasio coasted into reelection against a backdrop of historically low crime rates.

The city of more than 8.5 million people has seen fewer than 300 murders so far in 2017. That puts its body count lower than much-smaller jurisdictions including Baltimore, a city of fewer than 620,000 people where 303 people have been murdered this year, and Chicago, where the number has risen above 580 in a population of 2.7 million.

So what factors can really help drive down crime? The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine said in a report released Thursday that certain “proactive” policies aimed at preventing crime before it happens—including stop and frisk—show mixed results. Yet it is not enough to simply identify what policies appear to reduce crime, a panel convened by the National Academies cautions in the report. Authorities must also consider the real-world risks of applying these approaches in ways that are racist, biased or illegal, they wrote.

Continue reading by clicking the name of the source below.

SOURCE SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN

Back to top Go down

Science Says These Police Tactics Reduce Crime Empty Re: Science Says These Police Tactics Reduce Crime

Post by Tommy Monk Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:41 pm

The reduction in crime over the last 10-20 years may be similar on a graph to the lower numbers of blacks living there over the same period...

Have a look at graphs of crime rates over last few decades, and graphs of population of blacks over same time frame...

What do you see...?

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Science Says These Police Tactics Reduce Crime Empty Re: Science Says These Police Tactics Reduce Crime

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:45 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
The reduction in crime over the last 10-20 years may be similar on a graph to the lower numbers of blacks living there over the same period...

Have a look at graphs of crime rates over last few decades, and graphs of population of blacks over same time frame...

What do you see...?

Rolling Eyes

What I see is white supremacist Tommy Monk peddling his usual fascist-inspired, xenophobic and racially-based deflections and misdirections...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:30 pm

Did you actually check the two statistics of crime rates compared to population numbers...?

I know that you didn't.

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:15 am

Tommy Monk wrote:The reduction in crime over the last 10-20 years may be similar on a graph to the lower numbers of blacks living there over the same period...

What do you see...?

You fucking racist piece of shit.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:20 am

Tommy Monk wrote:The reduction in crime over the last 10-20 years may be similar on a graph to the lower numbers of blacks living there over the same period...

What do you see...?

I did not see you had posted such racial claptrap

Have you looked at ones where crimes is high with whites and Latinos?

Or are crime levels higher when there is a high level of relative poverty within certain areas, no matter the ethnic group?

Or is your ability to look at anything always racial?

This article shows that New York has seen a reduction in crimes and African Americans make up 25% of New York city

Where does that leave your racial absurd thinking?

So lets see all this evidence for all areas witin the US with graphs as you say, based on the breakdown of ethnic groups in each area throughout the US?

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:33 am

Tommy Monk wrote:
Did you actually check the two statistics of crime rates compared to population numbers...?

I know that you didn't.

Cool

Tommy,  Tommy,  Tommy...

If you had even the faintest comprehension of 'statistical analysis' methodologies, then you would understand how you need to look at the wider demographics of a situation --  not just ethnicity, but also the local economics, poverty levels, education access and availabilty, unemployment levels vs. employment opportunities, local politics and religions, family dynamics  --  rather than simply grabbing at anything that might fit your desperate and warped petty agendas..

Otherwise, you're simply rehashing more of your usual tired old racist-based nonsense.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:05 pm

I think Tommy, you don't seem to realise that crimes happen in poorer areas. Where there is poverty, there is crime.
White people commit crimes, did you know that? Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:35 pm

eddie wrote:I think Tommy, you don't seem to realise that crimes happen in poorer areas. Where there is poverty, there is crime.

I'm white, not poor, and have been known to ignore the law. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:39 pm

Maddog wrote:
eddie wrote:I think Tommy, you don't seem to realise that crimes happen in poorer areas. Where there is poverty, there is crime.

But have been lucky by geography to have had access to education

I was born into poverty and strove to get out of this.

I was lucky to have acces to education

The reality is relative poverty sees a rise in criminality

Its prevalent everywhere when it happens

So you have never known  what it is like to really struggle then and you place a smile.

Kind of placed yourself out of the equation here

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:43 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

So you have never known  what it is like to really struggle then and you place a smile.

My smile was in reference to my ethnicity not making me the law abiding person, that someone suggested.

Yes, I was more fortunate than most of the planet. I was born to white, middle class parents that gave a shit about their children, and had the income to provide them a decent upbringing.

Or as my girlfriend likes to say to me at times, I have white privilege. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:49 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

My smile was in reference to my ethnicity not making me the law abiding person, that someone suggested.

Yes, I was more fortunate than most of the planet. I was born to white, middle class parents that gave a shit about their children, and had the income to provide them a decent upbringing.

How is being white fortunate?

Its a label

It did me no favours

As I was born into poverty, hen ce the absurdity that people place on colours

It only does when people are racist

Well I had parents that gave a shit too and then never had the money and had every single one of us end up in University

That is not white privilidge

That is wealth priviliage.

There clearly is an idiot born every minutute

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:50 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Its a label

It did me no favours

Well I had parents that gave a shit too and then never had the moeey and had every single one of us end up in University

Maybe two born every minute. Shocked
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:52 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Its a label

It did me no favours

Well I had parents that gave a shit too and then never had the moeey and had every single one of us end up in University

Maybe two born every minute.  Shocked

Or simple one in your case when you perceive something based on skin colour and not on geographical luck

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Maybe two born every minute.  Shocked

Or simple one in your case when you perceive something based on skin colour and not on geographical luck

Or I could see that both geography and race, along with a myriad of other factors could have complex and difficult to measure effects on people. Cool
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:00 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Or I could see that both geography and race, along with a myriad of other factors could have complex and difficult to measure effects on people. Cool  

I would love to hear what prattle you believe it would?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:08 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

No you wouldn't. Rolling Eyes
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:11 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

So to my question, you have no answer

Quelle surprise

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:51 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Quelle surprise

Sometimes, no answer, is my answer.  Wink
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:52 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Quelle surprise

Okay, so you cannot back it up

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:08 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Cool

Guess not.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:09 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Cool

Guess not.

That is a shame

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down