NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Strong majority of Americans favor legalizing weed

+3
Tommy Monk
veya_victaous
Ben Reilly
7 posters

Go down

Strong majority of Americans favor legalizing weed Empty Strong majority of Americans favor legalizing weed

Post by Ben Reilly Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:39 am

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans continue to warm to legalizing marijuana, with 64% now saying its use should be made legal. This is the highest level of public support Gallup has found for the proposal in nearly a half-century of measurement.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/221018/record-high-support-legalizing-marijuana.aspx?g_source=Politics&g_medium=lead&g_campaign=tiles

Has this just become one of those "well, duh" issues? I'd really like to hear a cogent argument for continued criminalization of marijuana.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Strong majority of Americans favor legalizing weed Empty Re: Strong majority of Americans favor legalizing weed

Post by veya_victaous Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:04 am

to keep the prisons full so the rich have a source of 'slave' labor.

well, that is the reason it is not legal
is that a good or moral reason? not really
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Strong majority of Americans favor legalizing weed Empty Re: Strong majority of Americans favor legalizing weed

Post by Tommy Monk Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:43 pm

https://www.sciencealert.com/scientists-engineer-yeast-to-produce-active-marijuana-compound-thc

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2151317-marijuana-compounds-made-in-gm-yeast-could-help-epilepsy/

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:38 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Americans continue to warm to legalizing marijuana, with 64% now saying its use should be made legal. This is the highest level of public support Gallup has found for the proposal in nearly a half-century of measurement.

http://news.gallup.com/poll/221018/record-high-support-legalizing-marijuana.aspx?g_source=Politics&g_medium=lead&g_campaign=tiles

Has this just become one of those "well, duh" issues? I'd really like to hear a cogent argument for continued criminalization of marijuana.

There is no argument..

Why criminalize recreational drug habits, when it has far more benfits than it does have negative.

This will make the drug safer, not for all but for the majority.

It will take away such much criminality towards this drug that sees so many people end up in jail needlessly

Its a no brainer to make it legal

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:15 pm

The powerful people in charge don't want people feeling relaxed. There's a good reason they keep us in a nice heightened state of stress and worry.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:25 pm

eddie wrote:The powerful people in charge don't want people feeling relaxed. There's a good reason they keep us in a nice heightened state of stress and worry.

It actually goes back to the time of Prohibition Eddie, as to why it was criminalized.

Do some research on this, have a look up as to why, you will be surprised.

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:13 am

eddie wrote:
The powerful people in charge don't want people feeling relaxed. There's a good reason they keep us in a nice heightened state of stress and worry.

cyclops

Checked under your bed for Illuminati/One World Guvm'nt/WHO spies lately,  eddie  ???

'The truth is out there'.      Suspect
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:26 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

cyclops

Checked under your bed for Illuminati/One World Guvm'nt/WHO spies lately,  eddie  ???

I have.....and I scared thise fuckers off by taking their weed and setting my pet rat on them.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:13 pm

eddie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
cyclops

I have.....and I scared thise fuckers off by taking their weed and setting my pet rat on them.

lol! Job well done!

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:38 pm

Original Quill wrote:
eddie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
cyclops

lol!   Job well done!

Why, thank you. Strong majority of Americans favor legalizing weed 1942856362
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:43 pm

What would the police do all day, if they weren't shooting people's dogs looking for an illegal plant?
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:57 pm

Maddog wrote:What would the police do all day, if they weren't shooting people's dogs looking for an illegal plant?

What a really dumb point.

So lets take the police out the equation, by your view of dishing them.

Nobody is arrested.

Nobody jailed

Equate that and mutiple it a huge factor and then tell me how then safe the streets will be?

What would the Police do all day?

Solve crimes that lead to prosecutions.

What is needed is to take away non-crimes like drug possession for example

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:02 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:What would the police do all day, if they weren't shooting people's dogs looking for an illegal plant?

Nobody is arrested.

Nobody jailed

Equate that and mutiple it a huge factor and then tell me how then safe the streets will be?

It was sarcasm.

The police use the drug war to exercise raids all the time. Those raids lead to a lot of unnecessary death to people and animals.

My point was, the police could be used for violent crime, not chasing people for having the wrong plant.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:09 pm

Worth viewing, and not far from the truth.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:12 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Nobody is arrested.

Nobody jailed

It was sarcasm.

The police use the drug war to exercise raids all the time. Those raids lead to a lot of unnecessary death to people and animals.

My point was, the police could be used for violent crime, not chasing people for having the wrong plant.

The Police do not use it. Governements do.

How do you not even see that?

Do you know how even cannabis became illegal in the US>

Research the prohibition.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:22 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

It was sarcasm.

The police are the enforcement arm of the government. They are part of the government.

I know how cannabis became illegal, and I'm familiar with the civil right violations that are a result of prohibition, regardless of the product.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:24 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

The police are the enforcement arm of the government. They are part of the government.

I know how cannabis became illegal, and I'm familiar with the civil right violations that are a result of prohibition, regardless of the product.  

So being part of something like soildiers also, means you are claiming they are all sheep then?

Yes

Well tell me how it became illegal and then the connection to prohibition?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddog Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:35 pm

Didge wrote:
Maddog wrote:

So being part of something like soildiers also, means you are claiming they are all sheep then?

Yes

I didn't claim they were sheep.

I'm going to ride my bike, so I'm outta here. It's Critical Mass night.

And I have to be tested for work now and then. I don't come on forums to do the same. If I say that I know something, you can either accept it, or don't.
Maddog
Maddog
The newsfix Queen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:39 pm

Maddog wrote:
Didge wrote:

Yes

I didn't claim they were sheep.

I'm going to ride my bike, so I'm outta here. It's Critical Mass night.

And I have to be tested for work now and then. I don't come on forums to do the same. If I say that I know something, you can either accept it, or don't.  

So you are ducking out of my point.

I think people give a bad press to the Police, when the vast majority do a great job.

They get bad press off those who never should be Policemen.

Just think of the many in the US that go out and have the view point, they have a massively higher risk of people killed in the line of duty. Compared to the rest of Europe.

Factor in American gun laws and then ask yourself if you would then be a cop?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:44 pm

Anyway, good chat Maddog and glad to see you back

All the best, am off to bed

Night

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:37 pm

Shooting black people?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down