NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proof Queen interfered in Australian Democracy

5 posters

Go down

Proof Queen interfered in Australian Democracy  Empty Proof Queen interfered in Australian Democracy

Post by veya_victaous Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:48 am

http://www.news.com.au/national/politics/queen-made-scandalous-intervention-in-aussie-politics-says-researcher/news-story/802395e0c326e5dd45d9748fc70a49eb

THE Queen may have played a significant role in the biggest political crisis Australian history, a researcher has discovered, after unearthing “volcanic” new evidence around the 1975 dismissal.

An envoy for the monarch flew out to Canberra to meet Liberal powerbrokers just a month before the sensational dismissal of Gough Whitlam government, Monash University researcher Jenny Hocking found.

The historian told news.com.au the revelation was “extraordinarily significant”, showing the head of state meddling in Australian politics, and leading to the “scandalous outcome” of a democratically elected government losing power.

Professor Hocking uncovered records of the Australian visit by Foreign and Commonwealth Office undersecretary Sir Michael Palliser, and later conversations relating to the Queen’s position.

The findings from these documents held in the British archives are included in the latest edition of her book, The Dismissal Dossier — but some remain redacted.

“They’re discussing the prospect of intervention in Australian politics, they’re discussing how serious it is, how egregious it is,” said Prof Hocking. “They’re volcanic.

“There’s no doubt of her intervention ... The documents point consistently to British involvement.

“This is why we’re calling for an inquiry into British intervention in Australian politics at this time. We need to know, we need to have access to all the documents.”

Palliser met with Governor-General Sir John Kerr and British High Commissioner Sir Morrice James during his trip Down Under in October 1975, at a critical moment for Australia’s future.

The country was in crisis at the time, with the Liberal Party using its control of the Senate to delay the passage of “appropriation bills” that would authorise spending and enable the Labor government to function.

On November 11, Whitlam approached Kerr to gain his approval for a half-Senate election to resolve the impasse. But the Governor-General instead controversially dismissed the Prime Minister and replaced him with Liberal leader Malcolm Fraser.

More at source

And if you are wondering what was the cause of the "gradual breakdown of relations” between the Australian government and the British. it was the taking of 'crown land' and giving it back to the Aboriginal owners. Because British noble's had leases on this land and they were pissed that Australians wanted to treat Aboriginals like people, the Queen interfered in the Australian parliament to get the Prime Minister that Pushed  for the rights of Aboriginals Dismissed.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Proof Queen interfered in Australian Democracy  Empty Re: Proof Queen interfered in Australian Democracy

Post by Miffs2 Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:02 am

Well she is your Queenie too. Suck it up buttercup.
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Proof Queen interfered in Australian Democracy  Empty Re: Proof Queen interfered in Australian Democracy

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:08 am

Miffs2 wrote:Well she is your Queenie too. Suck it up buttercup.

+1

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:14 am

+2
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:38 am

Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:
Well she is your Queenie too. Suck it up buttercup.

+1

Rolling Eyes

Wow  !!!   What a surprise.   Not.

Two unthinking braindead anti-democracy fascist monarchists agree with one another..       king
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:51 am

veya_victaous wrote:
http://www.news.com.au/national/politics/queen-made-scandalous-intervention-in-aussie-politics-says-researcher/news-story/802395e0c326e5dd45d9748fc70a49eb

THE Queen may have played a significant role in the biggest political crisis Australian history, a researcher has discovered, after unearthing “volcanic” new evidence around the 1975 dismissal.

An envoy for the monarch flew out to Canberra to meet Liberal powerbrokers just a month before the sensational dismissal of Gough Whitlam government, Monash University researcher Jenny Hocking found.

The historian told news.com.au the revelation was “extraordinarily significant”, showing the head of state meddling in Australian politics, and leading to the “scandalous outcome” of a democratically elected government losing power.

Professor Hocking uncovered records of the Australian visit by Foreign and Commonwealth Office undersecretary Sir Michael Palliser, and later conversations relating to the Queen’s position.

The findings from these documents held in the British archives are included in the latest edition of her book, The Dismissal Dossier — but some remain redacted.

“They’re discussing the prospect of intervention in Australian politics, they’re discussing how serious it is, how egregious it is,” said Prof Hocking. “They’re volcanic.

“There’s no doubt of her intervention ... The documents point consistently to British involvement.

“This is why we’re calling for an inquiry into British intervention in Australian politics at this time. We need to know, we need to have access to all the documents.”

Palliser met with Governor-General Sir John Kerr and British High Commissioner Sir Morrice James during his trip Down Under in October 1975, at a critical moment for Australia’s future.

The country was in crisis at the time, with the Liberal Party using its control of the Senate to delay the passage of “appropriation bills” that would authorise spending and enable the Labor government to function.

On November 11, Whitlam approached Kerr to gain his approval for a half-Senate election to resolve the impasse. But the Governor-General instead controversially dismissed the Prime Minister and replaced him with Liberal leader Malcolm Fraser.

More at source

And if you are wondering what was the cause of the "gradual breakdown of relations” between the Australian government and the British. it was the taking of 'crown land' and giving it back to the Aboriginal owners. Because British noble's had leases on this land and they were pissed that Australians wanted to treat Aboriginals like people, the Queen interfered in the Australian parliament to get the Prime Minister that Pushed  for the rights of Aboriginals Dismissed.

Arrow

Queenie-Pooh  may have thought that she was replacing the evil "communistic" Whitlam Labor Party with some  of the more usual kiss-arse Tories that she was used to...

Unfortunately for her thieving family and their never-worked-an-honest-day-in-their-lives aristocratic "Robber Baron" backers,  the new PM Malcolm Fraser and several of his conservative cabinet Ministers also just happened to show a slightly stronger support for the Aboriginal Land Roghts movement, than they did for those thieving Brit' Robber Barons..

So those thieving aristocratic + merchant_class toffee-nosed mongrels still didn't quite get the end result that their convoluted Queenie'/CIA/drunken GG plotting was aiming for.         pirat
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:22 am

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:49 am

I seem to remember some to the above posters berating Australia for the treatment of aboriginals. And yet, here we have more of the knee bending, bum up in the air to be kicked, forelock tugging ninnies, telling Veya 'she's your queenie too' when given evidence that, in the 20th Century (because it was the 20th, not yet 21st, when this happened) said queenie, who is supposed to be 'just a figurehead', managed a coup against a democratically elected government (because if this evidence is true, that's what it was), in order to stop them treating the Aboriginals correctly and trying to right some of the wrong done to them. They are obviously too stupid to realise the implications of this. We live in a democracy? No we damn don't if our 'figurehead' can bring down a government. You care about the fate of aboriginal people and the wrongs done to them? No you damn well don't if you are not appalled by this. And how about the ramifications for this country? You think she could bring down an Australian government and she couldn't bring down a UK government? Talk about being subservient and good little serfs, even when what is done is totally against things you are raged about in the past. Principles, just chuck them out the window, far to much bother to stand up for. Sheeeeesh, what a load of cowards.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:54 am

I have no idea what the hell the Queen of England has to do with Australia anyway. Do the Australians even want her as their queen?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:58 am

I believe there is quite a large republican movement in Australia. After all, a large percentage of people who have emigrated there are not Brits and don't go in for forelock tugging.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:00 pm

Ah, look what I found, The Australian Republican Movement.

http://www.republic.org.au/

The above news will probably do their cause the world of good lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:52 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Vicar of Dibley (vod) wrote:
+1

Rolling Eyes

Two unthinking braindead anti-democracy fascist monarchists agree with one another..       king

To the tune of Yellow Submarine...
"your next queen is Camilla Parker Bowles, Camilla Parker Bowles, Camilla Parker Bowles,
Your next queen is Camilla Parker Bowles"
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:27 pm

I actually sang that. Thanks nems. That will be stuck in my head all day. Rolling Eyes
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:40 pm

eddie wrote:I actually sang that. Thanks nems. That will be stuck in my head all day. Rolling Eyes

De nada Laughing
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
eddie wrote:I actually sang that. Thanks nems. That will be stuck in my head all day. Rolling Eyes

De nada Laughing

(And will you please text me your number again? I dropped my phone down the toilet and urinated on it so I lost all my numbers. Long story.)
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:44 pm

eddie wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

De nada Laughing

(And will you please text me your number again? I dropped my phone down the toilet and urinated on it so I lost all my numbers. Long story.)

Poor phone... Laughing

Not only did you dropped this down the pan where it slowly drowned, but you decided to piss on it.

Damn, I hope i never become your enemy.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Miffs2 wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Rolling Eyes

To the tune of Yellow Submarine...
"your next queen is Camilla Parker Bowles, Camilla Parker Bowles, Camilla Parker Bowles,
Your next queen is Camilla Parker Bowles"

Idea

Camilla would never be the "Queen of her dominions..".

She would be "Queen Consort" to King Charles -- assuming he were to take the throne, as he could always step aside and allow William's succession.

That's assuming also, that Oz, NZ, Canada, Jamaica and a few others don't decide to use the Queen's eventual demise as a good time to drop the monarchy..

If the Oz population were to hang on to the Royals, the next three generations are likely to be Kings...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:28 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

De nada Laughing

Poor phone... Laughing

Not only did you dropped this down the pan where it slowly drowned, but you decided to piss on it.

Laughing

I miss that phone. Had all my music on it and loads of photos, including a couple I took in Texas.
And I would never piss on you!! Shocked  

Last edited by eddie on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:36 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Poor phone... Laughing

Laughing

I miss that phone. Had all my music on it and loads of photos, including a couple I took in Texas.

lol, not my cup of tea Eddie   Laughing

Sorry to hear you lost so much history through this.

They must be still etched in your memory. Nothing can take that away.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:39 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Poor phone... Laughing

Laughing

Omg I thought I was talking to nems!!!! I'm going to edit my post
So sorry! Hahahahahah

Last edited by eddie on Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:40 pm

eddie wrote:
Miffs2 wrote:

De nada Laughing

Bugger. Sorry I will do it x
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:42 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Omg I tou I was talking to nems!!!! I'm going to edit my post

WTF

You thought you were talking to Nems?

What are we missing here?   Laughing

The thought of you and nems in Golden showers? 

Go Tiger.... Proof Queen interfered in Australian Democracy  1716015268

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:56 pm

Didge wrote:
eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

Omg I tou I was talking to nems!!!! I'm going to edit my post

WTF

Hahahahahaha she expects me to talk dirty to her, I've done it for years. Cool
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:32 pm

eddie wrote:
Didge wrote:

WTF

Hahahahahaha she expects me to talk dirty to her, I've done it for years. Cool

Proof Queen interfered in Australian Democracy  4152582110
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:57 pm

I love that guy! cheers
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:13 am

eddie wrote:I have no idea what the hell the Queen of England has to do with Australia anyway. Do the Australians even want her as their queen?

it's a bit 'meh'
under the Constitution they are not meant to interfere.

we don't mind or care in general since we don't have to pay for a figure head if we keep the royals if we changed to a president we would have to pay for it. If they are just a ribbon cutter like the queen/Governor General why bother and If they do have some legislative power we could just end up with the crap they have in the USA

Last edited by veya_victaous on Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:18 am

sassy wrote:I seem to remember some to the above posters berating Australia for the treatment of aboriginals.   And yet, here we have more of the knee bending, bum up in the air to be kicked, forelock tugging ninnies, telling Veya 'she's your queenie too' when given evidence that, in the 20th Century (because it was the 20th, not yet 21st, when this happened) said queenie, who is supposed to be 'just a figurehead', managed a coup against a democratically elected government (because if this evidence is true, that's what it was), in order to stop them treating the Aboriginals correctly and trying to right some of the wrong done to them.   They are obviously too stupid to realise the implications of this.   We live in a democracy?   No we damn don't if our 'figurehead' can bring down a government.   You care about the fate of aboriginal people and the wrongs done to them?   No you damn well don't if you are not appalled by this.  And how about the ramifications for this country?   You think she could bring down an Australian government and she couldn't bring down a UK government?   Talk about being subservient and good little serfs, even when what is done is totally against things you are raged about in the past.   Principles, just chuck them out the window, far to much bother to stand up for.   Sheeeeesh, what a load of cowards.

That is more the point, When the locals have decided to try and fix some of the past crimes against the aboriginals, Britain interfered. People often don't appreciate how much Britain interfered with the colonies even into the 1980's in some places.
The Idea that its a long time ago is simply bullshit.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:21 am

Yes, I know but as someone of french decent i think it is disgusting that they have not been guillotined

You lot should really get on with it tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:59 am

veya_victaous wrote:

Yes, I know but as someone of french decent i think it is disgusting that they have not been guillotined

French?
Ah yes a great colonial power in their day too. Do you hate them too for all the territory they held as possessions or do reserve that only for Britain and British history?
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:23 am

"FRENCH DECENT" Oh my God, that says it all, don't ever, ever complain about the British Empire again ! Vietnam, Algeria etc-------WW2, Vichy French, Petain, the list goes on and on. Unbelievable, [shakes head].
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:25 am

king

Britain stole $$$Billions$$$ of gold bullion from South Africa and India, and $2 billion in cash from Australia, to finance their family squabbles with the Royals' Euro'Trash cousins, otherwise known as World War One...

Proof Queen interfered in Australian Democracy  1284863816
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:33 am

Stop living in the past you prat, it's what happening now that matters.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:56 am

nicko wrote:"FRENCH DECENT"    Oh   my God,  that says it all,    don't ever, ever complain about the British Empire again !  Vietnam, Algeria etc-------WW2, Vichy French, Petain, the list goes on and on.    Unbelievable, [shakes head].

My paternal grandparents were also of french descent. Bet that pleases you! Razz
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:03 pm

It doesn't please me as you say Eddie, you don't keep running my Country down like Veya does !
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:55 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
sassy wrote:I seem to remember some to the above posters berating Australia for the treatment of aboriginals.   And yet, here we have more of the knee bending, bum up in the air to be kicked, forelock tugging ninnies, telling Veya 'she's your queenie too' when given evidence that, in the 20th Century (because it was the 20th, not yet 21st, when this happened) said queenie, who is supposed to be 'just a figurehead', managed a coup against a democratically elected government (because if this evidence is true, that's what it was), in order to stop them treating the Aboriginals correctly and trying to right some of the wrong done to them.   They are obviously too stupid to realise the implications of this.   We live in a democracy?   No we damn don't if our 'figurehead' can bring down a government.   You care about the fate of aboriginal people and the wrongs done to them?   No you damn well don't if you are not appalled by this.  And how about the ramifications for this country?   You think she could bring down an Australian government and she couldn't bring down a UK government?   Talk about being subservient and good little serfs, even when what is done is totally against things you are raged about in the past.   Principles, just chuck them out the window, far to much bother to stand up for.   Sheeeeesh, what a load of cowards.

That is more the point, When the locals have decided to try and fix some of the past crimes against the aboriginals, Britain interfered. People often don't appreciate how much Britain interfered with the colonies even into the 1980's in some places.
The Idea that its a long time ago is simply bullshit.

Exactly, and for all we know it's still going on, after all it took a long time for this information to come to light. Who knows what other reforms she has stopped to keep her coffers full.

Back to top Go down

Post by Miffs2 Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:00 pm

eddie wrote:
nicko wrote:"FRENCH DECENT"    Oh   my God,  that says it all,    don't ever, ever complain about the British Empire again !  Vietnam, Algeria etc-------WW2, Vichy French, Petain, the list goes on and on.    Unbelievable, [shakes head].

My paternal grandparents were also of french descent. Bet that pleases you! Razz
I am of Norman descent Smile
Miffs2
Miffs2
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:28 am

Miffs2 wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

French?
Ah yes a great colonial power in their day too. Do you hate them too for all the territory they held as possessions or do reserve that only for Britain and British history?

Trust a Brit to think that saying the truth means you hate a nation.
I don't hate Britain, I hate nationalists that lie to themselves about how their nation is great and like to pretend it is perfect and can't stand hearing someone say the truth.

And at least they attempted to do the right thing and don't continue to tug the forelock.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:32 am

nicko wrote:It doesn't please me as you say Eddie,      you don't keep running my Country down like Veya does !

the truth is not running your country down.

it is you that make your country weak by being unable to confront the past crimes, it is you that makes you country immoral hypocrites by not only denying but trying to brush off crimes as in the past so you shouldn't have to face justice (like reparations) for them.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:45 am

Bloody hell Veya, you do go on a bit don't you?

Ever heard that saying------me thinks you complain too much?

I think you long to be British, I'D sponsor you, but we don't take Snowflakes Laughing
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:49 am

nicko wrote:Bloody hell Veya,   you do go on a bit don't you?

Ever heard that saying------me thinks you complain too much?

I think you long to be British,    I'D sponsor you,  but we don't take Snowflakes Laughing

that's a lie, you took smelly and he is offended by everything Cool Razz
veya_victaous
veya_victaous

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:54 am

So are you,----------if it's British !!!!
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down