NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MARTIN Shkreli aka ‘Pharma Bro’ has been jailed

+2
Raggamuffin
veya_victaous
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MARTIN Shkreli aka ‘Pharma Bro’ has been jailed Empty MARTIN Shkreli aka ‘Pharma Bro’ has been jailed

Post by veya_victaous Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:56 am

MARTIN Shkreli aka ‘Pharma Bro’ has been jailed over Facebook posts in which he offered $US5,000 in exchange for a strand of Hillary Clinton’s hair.

The convicted fraudster was declared a “danger to society” by a US federal judge on Wednesday and jailed over the provocative social media posts.

Despite a grovelling letter from the 34-year-old former pharmaceutical chief executive, in which he claimed that the social media status was an “awkward attempt at humour or satire,” Brooklyn federal court judge Kiyo Matsumoto revoked his $US5 million bond and ordered him thrown behind bars.

Prosecutors asked the judge to lock up Shkreli following a since-deleted Facebook status in which he told followers he’d pay $US5,000 for a strand of Clinton’s locks.

The creepy joke, the climax of a series of other postings in which he seemed to suggest he intended to clone the former Secretary of State, was scrubbed from his account after Shkreli was contacted by the secret service.

“On HRC’s book tour, try and grab a hair from her,” he wrote on September 4. “I must confirm the sequences I have. Will pay $5,000 per hair obtained from Hillary Clinton.”
In a September 12 letter to the court, Shkreli apologised for the status, which he called an “awkward attempt at humour or satire,” and said he never intended to “threaten” HRC.

But the judge wasn’t buying it, and ordered the marshals to take him into custody.

Shkreli was convicted of defrauding hedge fund investors in early August, and faces up to 20 years behind bars when sentenced.

Ahead of the trial, he was so hated that the judge had to discharge more than 200 jurors, who admitted to despising him over his actions as chief executive of Turing Pharmaceuticals.

Shkreli made headlines around the world as the “most hated man in America” after buying the rights to a lifesaving cancer and AIDS drug and jacking up the price by 5000 per cent.

In the hours after jurors returned the mixed verdict, he announced on a Facebook lifestream that prison — which he called “Club Fed” — wouldn’t be that bad.

“I’ll play basketball and tennis and Xbox,” he mused.

Shkreli will now languish in “Club Fed” for an untold period of time, as a sentencing date has yet to be set.

”F — the government,” Shkreli wrote on Facebook after prosecutors filed a motion asking the judge to revoke his hefty bond.

“I will never kiss their ring or snitch. Come at me with your hardest because I haven’t seen anything impressive yet.”

http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/pharma-bro-jailed-after-judge-declares-him-a-danger-to-society/news-story/c48012e09cd9b85530641d177afda657

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
MARTIN Shkreli aka ‘Pharma Bro’ has been jailed 4007186462
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

MARTIN Shkreli aka ‘Pharma Bro’ has been jailed Empty Re: MARTIN Shkreli aka ‘Pharma Bro’ has been jailed

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:44 pm

He was jailed for that? How silly. I'm awaiting the outcome of the conviction for fraud, although he was acquitted on several counts so he's not going to get 20 years.

He's an interesting character IMO - completely fearless and relentless.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

MARTIN Shkreli aka ‘Pharma Bro’ has been jailed Empty Re: MARTIN Shkreli aka ‘Pharma Bro’ has been jailed

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:55 pm

He's obviously trying to scare her and deserves to be in jail. Just because he's right-wing and rich doesn't mean the laws don't apply to him.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:58 pm

He was jailed because he was already on bail, and the bail got revoked.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:09 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:He was jailed because he was already on bail, and the bail got revoked.

And the bail got revoked because he tried to intimidate Sec. Clinton.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:10 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:He was jailed because he was already on bail, and the bail got revoked.

And the bail got revoked because he tried to intimidate Sec. Clinton.

Yes, but I doubt he would have been prosecuted for his comment.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:34 pm

That's the beauty of bail revocation. From that point on, you've got to be on your best behavior. Wink

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:26 pm

How long does everyone reckon he'll get for the fraud? Nobody lost out really, they got their money, he just didn't tell them the truth about where it came from.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:11 am

Raggamuffin wrote:He was jailed for that? How silly. I'm awaiting the outcome of the conviction for fraud, although he was acquitted on several counts so he's not going to get 20 years.

Twisted Evil

No surprise there, Raggs...

You've defended and spoken up for nazis, perverts, racists, tax evaders, murderers, and crooked cops at various times on this forum..

So it shouldn't surprise anyone to see you championing yet another greedy and slimy corporate crim'.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:47 am

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:He was jailed for that? How silly. I'm awaiting the outcome of the conviction for fraud, although he was acquitted on several counts so he's not going to get 20 years.

Twisted Evil

You've defended and spoken up for nazis, perverts, racists, tax evaders, murderers, and crooked cops at various times on this forum..

So it shouldn't surprise anyone to see you championing yet another greedy and slimy corporate crim'.

Trolling all over the forum doesn't make you some kind of hero you know.  Wink

You need to see things different Woflboy and do a bit of research into the stock markets and see how anyone can indulge in shenanigans. I find it fascinating. Do you know much about short selling at all? It's interesting that you admire those who dabble in the stock markets - I wouldn't have thought it was your thing.

You should also be grateful to Shkreli for highlighting a problem in the Pharma industry which has been going on for years, except he took it to the extreme. His price hike was nothing to do with this court case of course, it was completely legal, but ask yourself why nobody else sold Daraprim? After all it's an essential drug, and yet only he had power over it. Interesting eh?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:08 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:

Twisted Evil

Rags is hardly a defender of Nazis, murderers etc, certainly an apologist for antisemitic's like Ken Livingston, that is beyond dispute, but what do you expect from a Christian defending another criminal Christian?
Next Rags will think its ethically right to sell water to people under the guise its holy and can cure people. 

Its basic religious idiocy at its best.

The crimes are ignored, based not on the actual crimes committed but out of some poor religious belief to defend the indefensible. Where even worse she defends dishonesty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:31 pm

Back on topic, the point is - will Shkreli be judged purely for the fraud or on the Daraprim issue as well? That's why he's hated, not because of his stockmarket dealings - I doubt any of you give a toss about that. He didn't break the law on the Daraprim deal, so presumably the judge will ignore that.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Back on topic, the point is - will Shkreli be judged purely for the fraud or on the Daraprim issue as well? That's why he's hated, not because of his stockmarket dealings - I doubt any of you give a toss about that. He didn't break the law on the Daraprim deal, so presumably the judge will ignore that.

Ah yet more gibberish, forget the criminal acts as Rags seems to want to do.

scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:35 pm

I wish people would stop trolling this thread - it's an interesting subject, and it's not for personal vendettas and childish comments.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:38 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I wish people would stop trolling this thread - it's an interesting subject, and it's not for personal vendettas and childish comments.

Nobody is trolling, they are rightfully taking you to task for sidetracking away from his criminality, which is based on you defending a Christian.

Simple logic, as why do you continually avoid over that has has been found guilty of breaking the law on many counts.

You even are coming across like Quill, where you think its funny, that he raised the price of an drugs used for aids to astronomical prices.

You deserve every bit of condemnation you will get on this thread for that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:55 pm

Here's an interesting story. A chap called Joe Campbell allegedly dabbled in some short selling re a Pharma company called KaloBios. I presume that he borrowed shares and sold them, predicting that KaloBios shares would lose value and then he would buy back the shares and make some dosh. Unfortunately for him, Martin Shkreli bought a load of shares in KaloBios and the value went up instead of down, leaving Mr Campbell in debt to the tune of thousands of pounds.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/joe-campbell-gofundme-page-for-e-trade-2015-11?r=US&IR=T

That's the way the cookie crumbles.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Again ignoring the crimes

What can i say.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:00 pm

The man sounds like an ignorant, arrogant arse and not even prison time will change that. He'll come out and write a book and still make money because morally corrupt people always get rich.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:01 pm

eddie wrote:The man sounds like an ignorant, arrogant arse and not even prison time will change that.  He'll come out and write a book and still make money because morally corrupt people always get rich.

Karma always comes to idiots like this Eddie and as seen its starting to bite him in the arse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:07 pm

eddie wrote:The man sounds like an ignorant, arrogant arse and not even prison time will change that.  He'll come out and write a book and still make money because morally corrupt people always get rich.

He's a risk-taker, and it sometimes paid off, and other times it didn't. That happens all the time in the stockmarkets. I'm not completely sure what the charges he was convicted of relate to. He was acquitted of the more serious ones - ie, using one company to pay off the debts of another.

You have to remember that he couldn't do any of this without people willing to dabble in the stockmarket, sometimes taking massive risks themselves, like the chap I just mentioned. It's a game which requires nerves of steel and a gambler's attitude.

The Daraprim incident is nothing to do with his conviction, but it just shows how risky it is to leave essential drugs in the hands of the Pharma companies alone. Other companies have hiked drug prices too, but Shkreli got into the papers because it was more dramatic.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:13 pm

I see Rags is still attempting to excuse his actual crimes, by even complementing his unethical extortionate pricing of the drug Daraprim, from $13.50 per tablet to $750.

What can I say.

Is this really her defense for his actual criminal acts.

I have no doubt Jesus would now be doing this, based on his teachings.

MARTIN Shkreli aka ‘Pharma Bro’ has been jailed Cf286b272ac89dd24a1a05425be265b1a0bf303ae9b6661d1a2f6e6f8df3b828

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:14 pm

If he didn't loot Retrophin to pay off the investors after MSMB Capital failed, where did he get the money? That's what I can't find out.

It seems that the jury was not biased anyway because they convicted him on three counts and acquitted him on five counts. Apparently, they had a hard time choosing jurors because so many people hated him already. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:16 pm

So it was a fair decision and that he thus was convicted of crimes and Rags thinks this is funny.

What did people say to Quill in regards to smiles on another thread?

At then end of the day Rags has the right to offend, just as everyone has the right to rightly mock such utter stupidity she has presented.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:28 pm

It reminds me of the Enron scandal where the directors were accused of false accounting by not declaring certain liabilities, thereby giving the impression that Enron made more profits than it actually did.

Jeffrey Skilling got 24 years for his part in that, but then Enron did go bust and a lot of people lost money and jobs.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:16 pm

eddie wrote:
The man sounds like an ignorant, arrogant arse and not even prison time will change that.  He'll come out and write a book and still make money because morally corrupt people always get rich.

Arrow

Or...

They might get dead first..

Somebody may yet bump him off, before he gets to really enjoy his ill-gotten gains.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:18 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

He's a risk-taker, and it sometimes paid off, and other times it didn't. That happens all the time in the stockmarkets. I'm not completely sure what the charges he was convicted of relate to. He was acquitted of the more serious ones - ie, using one company to pay off the debts of another.

You have to remember that he couldn't do any of this without people willing to dabble in the stockmarket, sometimes taking massive risks themselves, like the chap I just mentioned. It's a game which requires nerves of steel and a gambler's attitude.

The Daraprim incident is nothing to do with his conviction, but it just shows how risky it is to leave essential drugs in the hands of the Pharma companies alone. Other companies have hiked drug prices too, but Shkreli got into the papers because it was more dramatic.
MARTIN Shkreli aka ‘Pharma Bro’ has been jailed 3489511464

"Risk taker" ???

Bullshit...

He's a thief, a chancer, and an asset stripper..

Neither a genuine "risk taker", nor any kind of entrepreneur.
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:22 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
I wish people would stop trolling this thread - it's an interesting subject, and it's not for personal vendettas and childish comments.

Rolling Eyes

You are only person "trolling" this thread, Raggs !!!

(Until Smelly or gelico happens along..).
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:35 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Rolling Eyes

You are only person "trolling" this thread, Raggs  !!!

Behave Wolfie. She's not trolling - you may not agree with her but she's hardly trolling.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Thank you eddie.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:51 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

MARTIN Shkreli aka ‘Pharma Bro’ has been jailed 3489511464

"Risk taker"  ???

Bullshit...

He's a thief, a chancer, and an asset stripper..

Neither a genuine "risk taker", nor any kind of entrepreneur.

Of course he's a risk taker. You don't set up companies and hedge funds without taking risks. People invest in those companies because they know he's a risk taker and it often pays off for them. They're people who invest in the stockmarket - they're not poor people who have their bus money stolen.

Who has he stolen from? He was acquitted of using one company to pay off the debts of another.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:15 pm

eddie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Behave Wolfie. She's not trolling - you may not agree with her but she's hardly trolling.

Double standards

So Rags can say and cast others as trolling as she often does, that is okay to you, but only wolf is wrong to say this when he does. Of which she has accused others here on this thread. What a joke you are at times Eddie

If it is wrong to say, then take all those who say it to task, otherwise you infer you decide when people are trolls, which is nothing more based on the subjective view of a snowflake

So if you are going to be consistent, you should take rags to task, but you never ever do, as she is allowed to do as she pleases.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Really didge? Oh well. I'm trying to keep the topic on topic and calling someone a troll when all they're doing is actually debating the topic is hardly fair, is it?

She didn't arrive on the thread and call anyone any names.

And I'm not explaining myself further.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:15 pm

eddie wrote:Really didge? Oh well. I'm trying to keep the topic on topic and calling someone a troll when all they're doing is actually debating the topic is hardly fair, is it?

PMSL please spare me your load of crap. She called Wolf a troll and also inferred I was by posting that people were trolling after a post I made. I never called her any names, so what is your excuse for inferring I am a troll?

I have no need for you to explain any further, you are an utter hypocrite. Its why Ben created a rule on this forum to make it like North Korea. That any dissenting view of the leadership, could be ruthlessly dealt with, by banning or basementing any people. Which makes a mockery of his dissent against his own US leadership. At the end of the day Eddie, you and all the other mods are simple human as the rest of us, thus fallible and open to bias and mistakes. This eloquently proves that. Now of course this is Ben's forum and it is his rules, and understand he created them to stop the forum descending into anarchy, but did so at the cost of denying liberalism and aligning himself to the worst dictatorships around today.

Hence stick to what is the rules Eddie. If you are going to take someone to task over how you feel something is wrong, then take all to task, as you only ever seem to do so with men. Now I know you have been treated appallingly by some men in your life, that does not mean you allow idiotic women like rags to constantly get away with abuse, and creating trouble. It simple makes you come across as sexist.

If you do not like my criticism, tough, but the above piss poor excuse you just made, renders you having a go at Wolf meaningless.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:18 pm

You don't half talk some bollcoks sometimes. Rolling Eyes

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:18 pm

I see that nobody is actually interested in this story at all. It's a shame really - if some people took their heads out of their arses, they might find it quite interesting.

I don't mean you eddie.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:22 pm

eddie wrote:You don't half talk some bollcoks sometimes. Rolling Eyes

Is that why I just proved you were utterly and completely disingenuous here?

You like many others cannot take criticism and you constantly defend that pathetic little twerp constantly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:26 pm

Thorin wrote:
eddie wrote:Really didge? Oh well. I'm trying to keep the topic on topic and calling someone a troll when all they're doing is actually debating the topic is hardly fair, is it?

PMSL please spare me your load of crap. She called Wolf a troll and also inferred I was by posting that people were trolling after a post I made. I never called her any names, so what is your excuse for inferring I am a troll?

I have no need for you to explain any further, you are an utter hypocrite. Its why Ben created a rule on this forum to make it like North Korea.

You know what, you're so right. We need a constitutional convention ... for NewsFix.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:25 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I see that nobody is actually interested in this story at all. It's a shame really - if some people took their heads out of their arses, they might find it quite interesting.

I don't mean you eddie.

I hope he get the conviction for fraud and I think he will but I thin his previous shenanigans will play a part. part of the reason for the delay has been the difficulty finding people that do not already hold a negative opinion of him.

I don't know that he is a 'risk taker' there is very little risk in the type of moral less profiteering he is known for. He simple pushed what is legally allowable for personal profit. people need to buy live saving medicine regardless of cost, so very little risk to the business model.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:32 pm

eddie wrote:
WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
Rolling Eyes

MARTIN Shkreli aka ‘Pharma Bro’ has been jailed 2347854014

"Debating"  Raggamuffin style...

Raggs (and company...) can drop in on threads, abuse people left, right and centre --  and that's still called 'debating'..

Raggs, Horatio and Sly have all falsely accused me of "trolling" over recent months --  and the only people who speak up against their lies are my fellow 'lefties' and/or Didge..

Any of us complain about genuine "trolling" by certain 'Flap goons,  and you or victor defend their actions as some form of "debate"  !!!          Arrow
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:37 pm

Wolfie I am not on anybody's "side" and usually when they attack you it's because you've attacked them or vice versa - it's an ongoing war.
But in this particular thread rags was actually just debating with no malice.

Please realise one thing: I don't have a side. I never have.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:33 pm

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I see that nobody is actually interested in this story at all. It's a shame really - if some people took their heads out of their arses, they might find it quite interesting.

I don't mean you eddie.

I hope he get the conviction for fraud and I think he will but I thin his previous shenanigans will play a part. part of the reason for the delay has been the difficulty finding people that do not already hold a negative opinion of him.

I don't know that he is a 'risk taker' there is very little risk in the type of moral less profiteering he is known for. He simple pushed what is legally allowable for personal profit. people need to buy live saving medicine regardless of cost, so very little risk to the business model.

I'm just wondering if the shenanigans regarding Daraprim will go against him, but really it shouldn't as it's nothing to do with the convictions, and the judge must be seen to be unbiased.

He's done a lot of other things other than buy the rights to Daraprim - that's where the risk taking came in. Most people only know him because of the Daraprim though.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:34 pm

WhoseYourWolfie wrote:
eddie wrote:

MARTIN Shkreli aka ‘Pharma Bro’ has been jailed 2347854014

"Debating"  Raggamuffin style...

Raggs (and company...) can drop in on threads, abuse people left, right and centre --  and that's still called 'debating'..

Raggs, Horatio and Sly have all falsely accused me of "trolling" over recent months --  and the only people who speak up against their lies are my fellow 'lefties' and/or Didge..

Any of us complain about genuine "trolling" by certain 'Flap goons,  and you or victor defend their actions as some form of "debate"  !!!          Arrow

I was posting in this thread and you came along and started getting abusive - ie, you were trolling. You still haven't actually commented on the subject.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:37 pm

eddie wrote:Wolfie I am not on anybody's "side" and usually when they attack you it's because you've attacked them or vice versa - it's an ongoing war.
But in this particular thread rags was actually just debating with no malice.

Please realise one thing: I don't have a side. I never have.

Yet constantly ignore that she calls others trolls, including me, when she is on the backfoot in a debate. When no insult is given

That is either being blind or biased

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:39 pm

I think people should leave eddie alone. She was right to intervene, and those who are trolling should just own up to it and shut up, unless they have something interesting to say about the subject.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:I think people should leave eddie alone. She was right to intervene, and those who are trolling should just own up to it and shut up, unless they have something interesting to say about the subject.

What more proof does Eddie need?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:43 pm

Ben Reilly wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I have no need for you to explain any further, you are an utter hypocrite. Its why Ben created a rule on this forum to make it like North Korea.

You know what, you're so right. We need a constitutional convention ... for NewsFix.

Sounds Good Ben  Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Who has he stolen from? He was acquitted of using one company to pay off the debts of another.

One should not be allowed to take profit from someone's life or good health.  Pharma's and Healthcare should be prohibited from being marketed, just as a contract to break the law is prohibited.

Let's face it, the stock market is a gambling operation, in which people engage in the game for winning, not to serve the purpose. All of marketing is the same. It should be outlawed.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:02 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:Who has he stolen from? He was acquitted of using one company to pay off the debts of another.

One should not be allowed to take profit from someone's life or good health.  Pharma's and Healthcare should be prohibited from being marketed, just as a contract to break the law is prohibited.

Yes, but this case was nothing to do with the Daraprim, where Shkreli did not break the law, it was to do with other issues, As far as the Daraprim problem went, no other company bothered to develop their own version in all the years that it was available, thereby leaving it in the hands of one supplier. Shkreli highlighted a problem that needs to be fixed. Pyrimethanine is the active ingredient, and other companies can develop that, but the FDA can't rush anything through because of safety issues.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:10 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yes, but this case was nothing to do with the Daraprim, where Shkreli did not break the law, it was to do with other issues,  As far as the Daraprim problem went, no other company bothered to develop their own version in all the years that it was available, thereby leaving it in the hands of one supplier. Shkreli highlighted a problem that needs to be fixed. Pyrimethanine is the active ingredient, and other companies can develop that, but the FDA can't rush anything through because of safety issues.

The issue is not with the pharmaceutical end. The illegality comes from the economic end.  It should be illegal do do such a frivolous thing as gambling (risk), with such important things as medicines and healthcare.  

The stock market is a gaming house.  Healthcare and pharmaceuticals are lifesaving endeavors.  The stock market should not be allowed to truck and trade in lives.

Last edited by Original Quill on Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:11 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes, but this case was nothing to do with the Daraprim, where Shkreli did not break the law, it was to do with other issues,  As far as the Daraprim problem went, no other company bothered to develop their own version in all the years that it was available, thereby leaving it in the hands of one supplier. Shkreli highlighted a problem that needs to be fixed. Pyrimethanine is the active ingredient, and other companies can develop that, but the FDA can't rush anything through because of safety issues.

The issue is not with the pharmaceutical end.  It should be illegal do do such a frivolous thing as gambling (risk), with such an important thing as medicines and healthcare.  

The stock market is a gaming house.  Healthcare and pharmaceuticals are lifesaving endeavors.  The stock market should not be allowed to truck and trade in lives.

In what way was he gambling with it? Most pharma companies have shares, so do you think they should be banned from having them? Where would they get their funding?
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next