NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Car passenger launches foul-mouthed racist tirade of abuse at Muslim worshippers paying their respects to the dead at a cemetery as part of Eid rituals

+6
'Wolfie
Tommy Monk
HoratioTarr
Syl
eddie
Original Quill
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Car passenger launches foul-mouthed racist tirade of abuse at Muslim worshippers paying their respects to the dead at a cemetery as part of Eid rituals   Empty Car passenger launches foul-mouthed racist tirade of abuse at Muslim worshippers paying their respects to the dead at a cemetery as part of Eid rituals

Post by Guest Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:59 pm

[*]A woman was filmed shouting 'f***ing p****!' at Muslims in Dewsbury, West Yorks
[*]The blonde-haired middle-aged woman abused worshippers celebrating Eid 
[*]The footage has been viewed more than 10,000 times since it was posted online

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4845920/Shocking-moment-woman-abuses-Muslim-worshippers.html#ixzz4rXOyFgsi 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Video on link

Back to top Go down

Car passenger launches foul-mouthed racist tirade of abuse at Muslim worshippers paying their respects to the dead at a cemetery as part of Eid rituals   Empty Re: Car passenger launches foul-mouthed racist tirade of abuse at Muslim worshippers paying their respects to the dead at a cemetery as part of Eid rituals

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:49 pm

The woman is "seated in the passenger side of a red Mini and can be heard shouting 'F*** off! You f***ing p****! Come on, film me you f***ing black c****! You British f***ing p****.'"

I get that she is using the adjective "fucking". But what does "p****" mean? Until we get the pronoun, we don't really know if she's being disparaging.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Car passenger launches foul-mouthed racist tirade of abuse at Muslim worshippers paying their respects to the dead at a cemetery as part of Eid rituals   Empty Re: Car passenger launches foul-mouthed racist tirade of abuse at Muslim worshippers paying their respects to the dead at a cemetery as part of Eid rituals

Post by eddie Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:00 pm

I'd say it was the word "pakis". But I may be wrong.

eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:02 pm

eddie wrote:I'd say it was the word "pakis". But I may be wrong.

I think its obvious it was.
What a vile woman eh

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:21 pm

Watching the video it shouldn't be too hard for the police to identify her car reg.
Foul mouthed harridan, I hope the papers name and shame her.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:32 pm

eddie wrote:I'd say it was the word "pakis". But I may be wrong.

That's what came to me, too. But I can't be sure.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:36 pm

The world's full of scumbags
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:36 pm

Syl wrote:Watching the video it shouldn't be too hard for the police to identify her car reg.

I don't know British law, but here she wouldn't have broken any law.  A so-called 'hate crime' only enhances the sentence.  But sentence for what, as she hasn't broken any law?

Is there a law in Britain just for being mean?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommy Monk Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:25 pm

Maybe she got upset having recognised a few of them as being responsible for sexually abusing children in the area...

Only she can explain the reason for her outburst...

Tommy Monk
Tommy Monk
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:43 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:Watching the video it shouldn't be too hard for the police to identify her car reg.

I don't know British law, but here she wouldn't have broken any law.  A so-called 'hate crime' only enhances the sentence.  But sentence for what, as she hasn't broken any law?

Here in Britain you better watch your mouth in public. Here we get fined for dropping an apple core never mind being racist.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:45 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Here in Britain you better watch your mouth in public.   Here we get fined for dropping an apple core never mind being racist.

It sounds like a police state.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:47 pm

Tommy Monk wrote:

Maybe she got upset having recognised a few of them as being responsible for sexually abusing children in the area...

Maybe they were flying black helicopters. You're just making us nonsense, tommy. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:39 pm

Original Quill wrote:

Its a crime to spout racist abuse in the UK, and thats what she was doing.
So yes, she is breaking the law.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:43 am

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

That is different then.  Speech is protected by the 1st Amendment in the US, so there would be no violation charged.

The way the hate-crime law works here is, there has to be an underlying crime--say, an assault--and then if the malefactor utters racist taunts while beating the poor guy up, it's an increase in the sentence.  But the words themselves cannot constitute the crime.

I still think it's a police state practice.  Next, they could pass a law that it's illegal to say any political slogans...get into regulating politics. From there it's just a short jump to outlawing the opposition political party.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:31 am

Tommy Monk wrote:

Question

I thought all those Paki's, "Asians" and blacks all looked the same to you lot, Tommy...
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:59 am

I can't make out what she's saying, but just her general behaviour and attitude is so chavvy. There are too many gobby people around these days. No
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:31 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Syl wrote:

That is different then.  Speech is protected by the 1st Amendment in the US, so there would be no violation charged.

The way the hate-crime law works here is, there has to be an underlying crime--say, an assault--and then if the malefactor utters racist taunts while beating the poor guy up, it's an increase in the sentence.  But the words themselves cannot constitute the crime.

I still think it's a police state practice.  Next, they could pass a law that it's illegal to say any political slogans...get into regulating politics.  From there it's just a short jump to outlawing the opposition political party.

I think your way is possibly better.
I am a great believer in free speech, which we do have to a certain extent, but where race, colour and gender come into it we are a bit precious.

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:02 pm

Original Quill wrote:The woman is "seated in the passenger side of a red Mini and can be heard shouting 'F*** off! You f***ing p****! Come on, film me you f***ing black c****! You British f***ing p****.'"

I get that she is using the adjective "fucking".  But what does "p****" mean?  Until we get the pronoun, we don't really know if she's being disparaging.

It's a bit clearer on this video - she definitely uses racist slurs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRdGINBSc6o
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:17 pm

A woman has been arrested.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/yorkshire-news/woman-arrested-police-investigate-racist-13564303
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:13 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:The woman is "seated in the passenger side of a red Mini and can be heard shouting 'F*** off! You f***ing p****! Come on, film me you f***ing black c****! You British f***ing p****.'"

I get that she is using the adjective "fucking".  But what does "p****" mean?  Until we get the pronoun, we don't really know if she's being disparaging.

Yes, that is clearer. The British accent is often in the way. What is a 'faulkin' black poke...'?

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:22 pm

Use your imagination Quill. Cool
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:38 pm

Syl wrote:Use your imagination Quill. Cool

Trained attorney. Can't imagine the facts. I still believe there is a reality out there.

I use creativity, however, to paint colorful pictures in closing argument. But that's the judgment part of the equation.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:41 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Yes, that is clearer.  The British accent is often in the way.  What is a 'faulkin' black poke...'?

It's a Yorkshire accent. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:49 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Yes, that is clearer.  The British accent is often in the way.  What is a 'faulkin' black poke...'?

It's a Yorkshire accent. Laughing

Really?  I love the study of accents.  But it rarely comes out in the written word...least of all if we are talking internationally, as in here.

Apparently, Mary Stuart had a heavy accent, and it's written phonetically in some books.  Eg, Fraser, Antonia, Mary Queen of Scots. Her native language was French, and I always thought a French-Scots accent was funny. Try speaking to a French-Canadian. Rolling Eyes

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:04 pm

Original Quill wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Here in Britain you better watch your mouth in public.   Here we get fined for dropping an apple core never mind being racist.

It sounds like a police state.

It's getting that way. Now, we can't buy vacuum cleaners with a motor that's higher than 900 watts.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:06 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I still think it's a police state practice.  Next, they could pass a law that it's illegal to say any political slogans...get into regulating politics.  From there it's just a short jump to outlawing the opposition political party.

I am a great believer in free speech, which we do have to a certain extent, but where race, colour and gender come into it we are a bit precious.

I disagree. I have a friend who lives in the States and the sexist torture she endures in the workplace would never happen here.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:22 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

I disagree.  I have a friend who lives in the States and the sexist torture she endures in the workplace would never happen here.  

Because she is a woman or gay or something else?

In the era we started work sexism was rife in the workplace, I think most women I knew managed to give as good as they got.
A few years ago when all the historical sex abuse cases were in the news, a lot of it was the sort of thing we coped with with our eyes closed.
I think people now have gotten far too reliant on the state to fight their battles....when a sharp retort or a smack across the face would have worked very well 30 or 40 years ago.

Of course I never suffered from extreme sexism or racism, so I can only speak from my own experience of what I saw.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:47 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I disagree.  I have a friend who lives in the States and the sexist torture she endures in the workplace would never happen here.  

In the era we started work sexism was rife in the workplace, I think most women I knew managed to give as good as they got.
A few years ago when all the historical sex abuse cases were in the news, a lot of it was the sort of thing we coped with with our eyes closed.
I think people now have gotten far too reliant on the state to fight their battles....when a sharp retort or a smack across the face would have worked very well 30 or 40 years ago.

Of course I never suffered from extreme sexism or racism, so I can only speak from my own  experience of what I saw.

Again, I can't agree with all you say. If not for the changes in the workplace by law, that slap across the face could just as likely get you the sack. I've seen this happen and I've been at the receiving end of men's sexism in the workplace. I think it's for the better that this is not allowed to go on. I've seen grown men behave like adolescent idiots in the boardroom.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:51 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

Of course I never suffered from extreme sexism or racism, so I can only speak from my own  experience of what I saw.

Again, I can't agree with all you say.   If not for the changes in the workplace by law, that slap across the face could just as likely get you the sack.    I've seen this happen and I've been at the receiving end of men's sexism in the workplace.   I think it's for the better that this is not allowed to go on.   I've seen grown men behave like adolescent idiots in the boardroom.

Our opinions now are coloured by our own experiences....so maybe we are both right in some ways.
No doubt a happy medium could be drawn, but I do personally think its all gone too far now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:53 pm

I've been subject to some (quite serious) sexual advances by men quite a few times in offices. I never bothered reporting it actually and I'm not quite sure why....? I've only really just thought about it.
Perhaps back then, it wasn't something women were aware of. I don't know.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:00 am

eddie wrote:I've been subject to some (quite serious) sexual advances by men quite a few times in offices. I never bothered reporting it actually and I'm not quite sure why....? I've only really just thought about it.

Sometimes a quick put down especially in front of others, is all it needs to turn the tables and make a pest look like a fool....and probably teaches him a lesson too.

I dont mean serious assaults, but smutty comments can often be dealt with without relying on others to intervene and blow things out of proportion, ime anyway.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:05 am

Syl wrote:
eddie wrote:I've been subject to some (quite serious) sexual advances by men quite a few times in offices. I never bothered reporting it actually and I'm not quite sure why....? I've only really just thought about it.

Sometimes a quick put down especially in front of others, is all it needs to turn the tables and make a pest  look like a fool....and probably teaches him a lesson too.

I dont mean serious assaults, but  smutty comments can often be dealt with without relying on others to intervene and blow things out of proportion, ime anyway.

No I mean proper unacceptable behaviour. I remember once bending over by the photocopier and fax machines and one of my co-workers actually pushed himself up against me and said something like "oh you gave me a stiffie" or some shit. I told him to fuck off but I never thought of reporting him like I would now.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:09 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

Sometimes a quick put down especially in front of others, is all it needs to turn the tables and make a pest  look like a fool....and probably teaches him a lesson too.

I dont mean serious assaults, but  smutty comments can often be dealt with without relying on others to intervene and blow things out of proportion, ime anyway.

No I mean proper unacceptable behaviour.  I remember once bending over by the photocopier and fax machines and one of my co-workers actually pushed himself up against me and said something like "oh you gave me a stiffie" or some shit. I told him to fuck off but I never thought of reporting him like I would now.  

lol, think i may just put them down

''oh a stiffie, you say? i heard tell that even on stiffie you're still just a one inch wonder,,,,just gossip but is it true''?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:13 am

eddie wrote:
Syl wrote:

No I mean proper unacceptable behaviour.  I remember once bending over by the photocopier and fax machines and one of my co-workers actually pushed himself up against me and said something like "oh you gave me a stiffie" or some shit. I told him to fuck off but I never thought of reporting him like I would now.  

Nowadays that would be deemed a sackable offence I suspect, back in my day it wasn't that unusual for men to actually press up or touch women. They only did it once if they got a slap. Some fool twanged my bra strap once and I smacked his face....all his mates laughed at him, and he felt and looked stupid.

I do think when it goes too far its good that women have back up now, but I know of one man who got a written warning because he called someone at work 'love'....now that to me is ridiculous.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:20 am

If a guy called me "love" I may say "Well I'm not your love so don't call me it again please" but I wouldn't report him. That's just stupid.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:23 am

eddie wrote:If a guy called me "love" I may say "Well I'm not your love so don't call me it again please" but I wouldn't report him. That's just stupid.

Exactly. The woman didn't say anything directly to him, its not as if he was being patronising either, it was the way he talked...proper northern like, and I'm sure if told he wouldn't have said it to her again.
He was really upset about it, and it just shows how some women have totally over reacted in the workplace at the expense of their male colleagues.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:25 am

i once worked for a guy who always called me fruit

can't say it bothered me

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:30 am

gelico wrote:

can't say it bothered me

lol!

Depends what sort of fruit he had in mind.
A market fruit stall holder shouted loudly 'melons' once when I walked past.....I wasn't very happy about that.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:32 am

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

can't say it bothered me

lol!

A market fruit stall holder shouted loudly 'melons' once when I walked past.....I wasn't very happy about that.

Hahahahahahahaha that did make me chuckle.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:34 am

Syl wrote:
gelico wrote:

can't say it bothered me

lol!

see i'd have been over the moon

more likely to shout fried eggs when i walk past

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:40 am

gelico wrote:
Syl wrote:

lol!

see i'd have been over the moon

more likely to shout fried eggs when i walk past

lol!

I felt like picking a runner bean up and shouting 'littledick'.....but I am far too ladylike.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:17 am

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

Actually, there is a remedy for that. Workplace discrimination is a violation of Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act. It's a civil action called, Failure to Maintain a Workplace Free of Discrimination. Gender is one of the six protected classifications of the 1964 Act.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:00 am

If you don't like being called "love" don't come to Birmingham, we use that expression all the time. Would you prefer "Duck, Darling, Sweetheart , Miss, Madam etc? What would Ladies like to be called if we don't know their names?
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:59 am

nicko wrote:If you don't like being called "love" don't come to Birmingham,   we use that expression all the time.    Would you prefer "Duck, Darling, Sweetheart , Miss, Madam etc?   What would Ladies like to be called if we don't know their names?

In Texas, it's generally "Miss" for younger women and "Ma'am" for those more distinguished ... I really think one has to try to not just take offense immediately, and instead try to understand the person and their intent.

For example, we had a guy in his 70s who was running for city council who used "coloreds" in reference to black people. In front of a huge group of black people.

Their reaction? They said "Well, I know this guy doesn't have a racist bone in his body. But it was a bit weird to hear him say 'coloreds.' It's probably just because of his age."
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:02 am

I like it when American chaps call me Ma'am - it sounds really respectful. It doesn't happen very often - just with American tourists.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:17 am

Raggamuffin wrote:I like it when American chaps call me Ma'am - it sounds really respectful. It doesn't happen very often - just with American tourists.

And it's intended that way! I promise you, there are very few people from here who are going to use that word in a way not intended to convey respect. But I do see some women who say "I'm not old enough to be a ma'am, fuck off" Smile
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:24 am

Ben Reilly wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I like it when American chaps call me Ma'am - it sounds really respectful. It doesn't happen very often - just with American tourists.

And it's intended that way! I promise you, there are very few people from here who are going to use that word in a way not intended to convey respect. But I do see some women who say "I'm not old enough to be a ma'am, fuck off" Smile

I think it's lovely. I suppose I don't encounter it very much so it sounds more special. If you live somewhere where everyone is referred to in the same way, it loses some meaning. "Darlin'" is quite common around here. I don't mind that though. Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:45 am

Darlin and love, (luv) are northern expressions too, I don't think there are any specific words to call more mature ladies....Miss is more appropriate for younger women.

The only Americans I have known have called me by name because they have known it ...I would love to be called Ma'am. I love you

Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:37 am

I never got called "ma'am" once? scratch
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:58 am

eddie wrote:I never got called "ma'am" once? scratch

You haven't lived! Laughing
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next