NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Philip Seymour Hoffman dead at 46

3 posters

Go down

Philip Seymour Hoffman dead at 46 Empty Philip Seymour Hoffman dead at 46

Post by Ben Reilly Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:41 pm

I heard it was from a drug overdose, but the source doesn't say:

Philip Seymour Hoffman never carried himself like a Hollywood star, which made him one of its brightest.

Bookish, intense and leery of the press, Hoffman, 46, who was found dead Sunday in his New York apartment, earned his greatest fame for his Oscar-winning turn in 2005's Capote and his recurring role as Plutarch Heavensbee in the Hunger Games franchise.

But he appeared on the radar of Hollywood's most respected directors years before that. If an actor can be measured by the caliber of filmmakers on a resume, Hoffman's was spectacular.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2014/02/02/philip-seymour-hoffman-appreciation/5163171/

Very sad.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Philip Seymour Hoffman dead at 46 Empty Re: Philip Seymour Hoffman dead at 46

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:05 pm

Never heard of the geezer, RIP all the same.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:55 am

Very sad... he was an amazing actor. I didn't know he was suffering with drug addiction. "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" is classic cinema.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:59 am

lovedust wrote:
Very sad... he was an amazing actor. I didn't know he was suffering with drug addiction. "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead" is classic cinema.

He had talked about his addictions when he was young but gave the impression he was ok now. Sadly, he obviously wasn't. Hi Lovey.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Reilly Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:54 am

Sassy wrote:
lovedust wrote:

He had talked about his addictions when he was young but gave the impression he was ok now.   Sadly, he obviously wasn't.  Hi Lovey.

Read today that his ex-partner saw him shortly before he died and said he "looked high," for what it's worth. If he stopped using heroin and then started up again, that is definitely a recipe for death.
Ben Reilly
Ben Reilly
King of Texas. Gigantic Killer Robot. Robin Hood of Epping Forest. Fifty Shades of Cray.

http://www.newsfixboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:40 am

Waster. Can't abide druggies
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:06 pm

Nobody made him take drugs, nobody forced the syringe into his arm. Silly bastard.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:53 pm

Beekeeper wrote:
eddie wrote:
Waster. Can't abide druggies

Laughing 

So, Eddie ~ YOU have never even tried even tobacco or alcohol, then  ?!?

IF SO, then I'll bet that you're the ONLY one on here !

cheers 

What's that got to do with heroin or hard drugs, and what's that got to do with me?? I'm not dead, am I?
And I gave up tobacco the minute my 4 year old asked me why was I smoking poison after he'd seen an advert.

Your point is?
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:55 pm

Beekeeper wrote:
Warren Moon wrote:
Never heard of the geezer, RIP all the same.

Shocked 

Obviously you REALLY need to get out and away from your mother's basement MORE often, Wozza !!!

Laughing 

MEANWHILE, back at the ranch ~ returning to the O/P :

IT seems that heroin addiction is a lot like alcohol - once an addict...

AND I suspect that there may have been underlying depression problems there as well, for him to have fallen back off the wagon ?  Surprised 

What a shame. Lots of actors are very good, but I found his presence and emotionalism so gripping. This heroin sounds like a truly terrible thing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:53 pm

Autopsy inconclusive, three held on drugs charges?
 No 

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:50 am

Beekeeper wrote:
eddie wrote:

What's that got to do with heroin or hard drugs, and what's that got to do with me?? I'm not dead, am I?
And I gave up tobacco the minute my 4 year old asked me why was I smoking poison after he'd seen an advert.

Your point is?
 cyclops 

TOBACCO and alcohol can prove to be just as addictive as heroin or cocaine to those "softer drugs" more serious addicts ~ and their habits just as hard to break...

AND as for just what it ".. has to do..." with you, Eddie  ~  YOU were the one who stated that you "Can't abide druggies."  ~  and heavy smokers and alcoholics are both forms of drug addicts !

Well seeing as I'm neither - again, what has that got to do with me? I'm not addicted to any drug or alcohol.

Are you a druggie?

Druggies are wasters. Simple as. Tell me how they're not?
Anything that a person is addicted to, that affects the quality or length of life, is a stupid waste, wouldn't you agree?

eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down