NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Couple who were told they'd had a miscarriage go to second hospital for operation… where doctors find their unborn baby is still ALIVE

Go down

Couple who were told they'd had a miscarriage go to second hospital for operation… where doctors find their unborn baby is still ALIVE   Empty Couple who were told they'd had a miscarriage go to second hospital for operation… where doctors find their unborn baby is still ALIVE

Post by Guest Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:58 pm

[*]Elizabeth Stevens, 36, was told she had miscarried but her baby was still alive 

[*]Queen's Hospital in Essex operated on her and found the foetus had a heartbeat

[*]Ms Stevens and her partner are now filing a complaint against Royal London Hospital, who said she needed surgery

Doctors found a couple's unborn baby alive during an operation after the parents were told they had lost their baby in a miscarriage. Elizabeth Stevens, 36, and her partner Ian Fowler, 54, said they were told by the Royal London Hospital, in Whitechapel, that Ms Stevens had miscarried and needed to book in for surgery to remove the foetus. After Ms Stevens' same day appointment was postponed due to an emergency, she rang and asked the Queen's Hospital in Romford, Essex, to have her in for surgery instead. However surgeons at Queen's found that the couple's unborn baby was still alive and had a heartbeat. They told Ms Stevens that she had choriodecidual haematoma, which is why she was bleeding. Now the couple, who are from Benfleet in Essex, are demanding answers from the Royal London Hospital.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4733160/Couple-told-miscarried-baby-alive.html#ixzz4nyfQf7yb 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Couple who were told they'd had a miscarriage go to second hospital for operation… where doctors find their unborn baby is still ALIVE   Empty Re: Couple who were told they'd had a miscarriage go to second hospital for operation… where doctors find their unborn baby is still ALIVE

Post by eddie Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:32 pm

If you google that hospital you'll find it has had many cock-ups in the maternity unit, mothers dying etc.
They were in the news when I was pregnant with my daughter and I refused to go there when it was suggested to me. The hospital doesn't have a great name.

Having said that, I would like to fairly add, the endocrinology department was fantastic when dealing with my last bout of thyroid disfunction a few years ago.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down