NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shot dead in her pyjamas: Australian woman, 40, is gunned down by a cop whose body camera was TURNED OFF in an alleyway behind her house after she called 911 to report an 'intruder'

+3
eddie
Original Quill
magica
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shot dead in her pyjamas: Australian woman, 40, is gunned down by a cop whose body camera was TURNED OFF in an alleyway behind her house after she called 911 to report an 'intruder'   - Page 2 Empty Shot dead in her pyjamas: Australian woman, 40, is gunned down by a cop whose body camera was TURNED OFF in an alleyway behind her house after she called 911 to report an 'intruder'

Post by Guest Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

[*]An Australian woman has been shot dead by police in South Minneapolis, U.S 
[*]Justine Damond called 911 on Saturday night to report a possible assault nearby
[*]Police say: 'At one point one officer fired their weapon, fatally striking a woman'
[*]Sources claim Ms Damond was wearing her pyjamas when she was shot dead
[*]When a police patrol car arrived in the alley she approached and was the shot 
[*]The 40-year-old from Sydney was engaged to an American man and lived in US
[*]She used her fiance's surname as well as going by the name Justine Ruszczyk 
[*]Her soon-to-be stepson Zach Damond has slammed police for killing his mother
[*]'Mum's dead because a police officer shot her for reasons I don't know,' he said

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4701988/Australian-woman-40-shot-dead-police-United-States.html#ixzz4n62OpmHb 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Shot dead in her pyjamas: Australian woman, 40, is gunned down by a cop whose body camera was TURNED OFF in an alleyway behind her house after she called 911 to report an 'intruder'   - Page 2 Empty Re: Shot dead in her pyjamas: Australian woman, 40, is gunned down by a cop whose body camera was TURNED OFF in an alleyway behind her house after she called 911 to report an 'intruder'

Post by Guest Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:42 am

Original Quill wrote:Why didge, I just realized that you are a racist.

@veya: It's possible you are right up to a point.  Certainly the blacks have heretofore the most reason to complain in Minneapolis.  That would explain why all the leaders are black.

But their complaint about the shooting of Justine Damond is quite real, and the community leaders are genuinely stepping up on her behalf.  They are black, but the speak not only for the blacks.  They speak for Justice.

The politics may be complex, but there is only one enemy.  That is the authorities who have fostered this civic authority.  And that's what you see these speakers of the community opposing.

Shot dead in her pyjamas: Australian woman, 40, is gunned down by a cop whose body camera was TURNED OFF in an alleyway behind her house after she called 911 to report an 'intruder'   - Page 2 74e7e621fdf59ddb88964e144b4fd128

Back to top Go down

Shot dead in her pyjamas: Australian woman, 40, is gunned down by a cop whose body camera was TURNED OFF in an alleyway behind her house after she called 911 to report an 'intruder'   - Page 2 Empty Re: Shot dead in her pyjamas: Australian woman, 40, is gunned down by a cop whose body camera was TURNED OFF in an alleyway behind her house after she called 911 to report an 'intruder'

Post by Guest Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:45 am

So please explain your reasoning Quill, as to why you think I am racist, being as I have been fighting racism for years?

You cannot even discount my points, so instead you do as you always do and try poorly to deligitimize me with false accusations.

I posted evidence which easily refutes your poor based confirmation bias opinions.

So if there is a racial problem with shootings by the Police Quill, why do we not see a high level of Asians being shot by the Police.

Then go back to the article I posted and see why its you that looks at everything racially charged. As you presume from the onset that any black shot has been shot due to racism.

So here is my points again that I posted to Veya, show me how you believe I am racist Quill?
You cannot of course, hence the unfounded accusations you make, when I show your opinions are poor.

Actually its normally Blacks shot by the Police that make the headline. The reason this one has, is because she was Australian. Not because she was white. As there has been a huge outcry coming from Australia itself. 

Also more whites are shot by the Police and hence showing again its a gun culture. That creates some trigger happy cops. The fact that many people can carry weapons, plus the high level of gun deaths.Increases the risk, that some cops will panic. Race will rarely play an element in cases where people are shot by the Police. It is certainly an element in some, but people wrongly assume that if a victim is black its racism every time. That is a poor and dangerous precedent to make. Especially before any investigation has been done.

In fact, as of July 9, whites were 54 percent of the 440 police shooting victims this year whose race was known, blacks were 28 percent and Hispanics were 18 percent, according to The Washington Post’s ongoing database of fatal police shootings. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/07/18/police-shootings-and-race/?utm_term=.99f3b4991d92

A new study confirms that black men and women are treated differently in the hands of law enforcement. They are more likely to be touched, handcuffed, pushed to the ground or pepper-sprayed by a police officer, even after accounting for how, where and when they encounter the police.

But when it comes to the most lethal form of force — police shootings — the study finds no racial bias.

“It is the most surprising result of my career,” said Roland G. Fryer Jr., the author of the study and a professor of economics at Harvard. The study examined more than 1,000 shootings in 10 major police departments, in Texas, Florida and California.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.html?mcubz=2

Yet that is a poor claim to make, when you do not factor in more blacks being involved in crime as a percentage per population. That means those involved in crime run a higher risk of being shot in the act of a crime.
Some facts for you.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/table-43

As seen blacks are involved in about 28% of crimes as a total.
With murder its over 50%.

So being 28% of the victims tallies with the number involved as a percentage with crime.
In fact the FBI does not distinguish between Hispanics and whites in its stats on crime, mainly I guess as they are Caucasians. But this would mean that the total shot by Police would be 72% white. If you combine Hispanics and whites from the Washington Post data on Police shootings. Which means whites are over represented as being victims of Police shootings. As they represent 69% of crime in the US.

What also shows how this corroborates my reasoning, based on people involved in crimes, correlating to those shot by Police. Is that there does not seem to be many Asian victims of Police shootings. Which would make sense, as they only represent about 1% of crime in the US. Thus much less likely to be the victims of Police shootings. Asians represent about 6% of the US population.

What the US has to do is solve relative poverty, which leads to higher crime rates.

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:38 am

veya_victaous wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I don't see why a "clean sweep" would make a difference. A cop shot an innocent person - it could have happened any time.

the cops shot lots of people but normally only blacks so it doesn't make the news

Quill was right about the race element in the media story, Pretty white woman shot by police made it a big story
the residents are seizing the opportunity of having all the media in town to call for a clean sweep.

It seems to be a problem generally in the US, so having "clean sweep" in one area isn't going to help.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Wolfie Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:26 am

Raggamuffin wrote:
veya_victaous wrote:

the cops shot lots of people but normally only blacks so it doesn't make the news

Quill was right about the race element in the media story, Pretty white woman shot by police made it a big story
the residents are seizing the opportunity of having all the media in town to call for a clean sweep.

It seems to be a problem generally in the US, so having "clean sweep" in one area isn't going to help.

What a Face

If successful, it can help to effectively "get the ball rolling" in bringing on wider overdue changes, encouraging other communities to push for an overhaul, if people stick with it...

As with Civil Rights action that was accelerated by events in the 1950s and '60s, and Indigenous/Native Rights issues building from events in the 1970s and '80s, so with much needed overhaul of those underfunded and ill-prepared city/county based police forces..

It may take decades, but imagine how much worse things could become if nothing changed ?
'Wolfie
'Wolfie
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:29 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:It seems to be a problem generally in the US, so having "clean sweep" in one area isn't going to help.

Unfortunately, you are right.  Many of the principles leading up to incidents such as these are core beliefs that go to the heart of what many--mostly southerners--believe.  The northern migration of the 1960's brought many rednecks up to the industrial regions of the US, for employment and a better life than the south could give them.

As the theme song of this migration noted:

Bobby Bare wrote:Detroit City
Bobby Bare

Last night I went to sleep in Detroit City
I dreamed about them cotton fields of home
I dreamed about my mother, dear old pappy, sister and brother
And I dreamed about the girl who's been waitin' for so long

I want to go home
I want to go home
Oh, how I want to go home

Home folks think I'm big in Detroit City
From the letters that I write they think I'm just fine,
But by day I make the cars and by night I make the bars
If only they could read between the lines

‘cause you know I rode a freight train north to Detroit City
And after all these years I find I've just been wastin' my time
You know what I'm gonna do?
I'm gonna take my foolish pride
Get it on a southbound freight and let it ride
I'm gonna go home...

Although this was a great hit song on the CW charts, it told the story of millions of southerners and how they spread out around the whole nation...until, not only they, but their whole mindset permeate the entire country...particularly intermediate jobs like policemen, firemen and, well, bar-tenders.

The song is quite sympathetic, but these people are brutal.  They are responsible for George Zimmerman, for St. Louis, Baltimore, Oklahoma City, for Sandra Bland in Harris County, for blacks having to take to the streets and shout Black Lives Matter,...they are responsible for all the urban evils existing in the US today...save for California and the west coast.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by veya_victaous Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:07 am

Original Quill wrote:Why didge, I just realized that you are a racist.

@veya: It's possible you are right up to a point.  Certainly the blacks have heretofore the most reason to complain in Minneapolis.  That would explain why all the community leaders are black.  They have the most practice because they have the greatest grievances.

But their complaint about the shooting of Justine Damond is quite real, and the community leaders are genuinely stepping up on her behalf.  Black or white, it's just more of the same ineptitude.  They are black, but the speak not only for the blacks.  They speak for Justice.

The politics may be complex, but there is only one enemy.  That is the authorities who have fostered this civic situation.  And that's what you see these speakers of the community doing ... seeking justice.

I am sure they have sympathy for Justine. and she is just a symptom of their issue with local police
what i meant was that because it has become international news, they have a bunch of reporters asking about local police and government
thus it gives then the perfect outlet to get their issues heard by a much wider audience.
veya_victaous
veya_victaous
The Mod Loki, Minister of Chaos & Candy, Emperor of the Southern Realms, Captain Kangaroo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2