NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

80 Beachgoers Form A Human Chain To Rescue A Family Caught In A Rip Current

2 posters

Go down

80 Beachgoers Form A Human Chain To Rescue A Family Caught In A Rip Current  Empty 80 Beachgoers Form A Human Chain To Rescue A Family Caught In A Rip Current

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:04 pm

A family is thankful to be alive after an estimated 80 people formed a human chain to save them from the grips of a rip current in Panama City Beach on Saturday.

80 Beachgoers Form A Human Chain To Rescue A Family Caught In A Rip Current  Ttkno-human-chain-rescue-1a

Photos were snapped of the massive chain stretching into the water to reach 9 family members gasping for their lives.
"I honestly thought I was going to lose my family that day," Roberta Ursrey, who ran into the rough water to save her children, told the paper. "It was like, 'Oh God, this is how I'm going.'"

80 Beachgoers Form A Human Chain To Rescue A Family Caught In A Rip Current  3fdbx-human-chain-rescue-1
Credit: Rosalind Beckton

Ursrey, her husband, mother, nephews and children were enjoying a day at the beach when she said she heard her two sons screaming for help.
Ursrey rushed into the water to try and save them. One by one, family members followed after her and they too were overtaken by the water.

Jessica Simmons, who credited herself as a strong swimmer, went in after the family and instructed others to connect with her in a chain.

80 Beachgoers Form A Human Chain To Rescue A Family Caught In A Rip Current  Iiqb6-human-chain-rescue-2
Credit: Rosalind Beckton

Approximately 80 people ventured into the water to successfully bring each struggling swimmer to safety.
"It was the most remarkable thing to see," Simmons told the Herald. "These people who don't even know each other and they trust each other that much to get them to safety."

Read more at http://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/2294/80-Beachgoers-Form-A-Human-Chain-To-Rescue-A-Family-Caught-In-A-Rip-Current#ygsmjQwg46xc0udk.99

Back to top Go down

80 Beachgoers Form A Human Chain To Rescue A Family Caught In A Rip Current  Empty Re: 80 Beachgoers Form A Human Chain To Rescue A Family Caught In A Rip Current

Post by Original Quill Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:30 pm

Yep, pretty spectacular. When you see people care about each other so much, you wonder why they can't reach a consensus on healthcare.

80 Beachgoers Form A Human Chain To Rescue A Family Caught In A Rip Current  2190311264

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

80 Beachgoers Form A Human Chain To Rescue A Family Caught In A Rip Current  Empty Re: 80 Beachgoers Form A Human Chain To Rescue A Family Caught In A Rip Current

Post by Syl Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Wow...stories like this prove than the good in human nature far outweighs the bad.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:47 pm

I agree and how often you can see people work together to help others.
Sadly it should happen more and not just when its when there is people in immediate danger. People are better at helping when there is imminent danger I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:20 pm

I do believe it happens a lot Thor...maybe not on such a spectacular scale, but ordinary people often help others without thinking of themselves, its just that most of these stories don't get publicised.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down