NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Edwina Currie happy to demonise food bank users while filling her own face at others' expense

+3
Ben Reilly
Fred Moletrousers
Clarkson
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Edwina Currie happy to demonise food bank users while filling her own face at others' expense  - Page 2 Empty Edwina Currie happy to demonise food bank users while filling her own face at others' expense

Post by Guest Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Edwina Currie happy to demonise food bank users while filling her own face at others' expense  - Page 2 John%20Major%20and%20Edwina%20Currie-1553444

Make me a sandwich: Edwina Currie and John Major

I once had the dubious pleasure of taking Edwina Currie out to lunch.

Although I was interviewing her to publicise a book she’d written, she demanded we eat at the swish Savoy Grill, ordered some of the most expensive food on the menu (Pate de Foie Gras, Filets de Sole aux Langoustines and Delice de Chocolat) and barked at me not to worry about the cost as the Mirror were paying.

I did. Because it was £156. In 1996.

She talked a lot about food during the food. About balancing strawberries on penises and smearing chocolate cake on naked lovers (she was referencing her book but in hindsight it might have been John Major).

But, then, Edwina's always been obsessed with victuals.

This was the woman who was sacked from the Cabinet for saying too much about eggs. Who, as part of her many shots at TV reality fame, went on Hell’s Kitchen and annoyed the hell out of us ­(especially when Gordon Ramsay chose to force a knife through a lobster’s head when hers was in closer proximity.)

And grub has inspired her latest cry for attention as she repeatedly pours bile on food banks and all who use them.

When they first came to public notice she claimed there were no hungry people in Britain (neatly forgetting political has-beens so starved of publicity they humiliate themselves to within a TV camera-shot of death).

She then argued people only use them because they’ve wasted all their cash on dog food and tattoos.

And now she claims these “pernicious” places have left working-class streets without grocery stores because everyone’s eating free at the food bank.

Oh dear. How desperate has Cruella become when she needs to reinvent herself as Katie Hopkins’ senile grandma?

Edwina Currie happy to demonise food bank users while filling her own face at others' expense  - Page 2 Sleeping%20Tories-1371185
Sleeping snooty: Even Tories nod off in Edwina Currie's company

Anyone who has ever spent a few heartbreaking hours at a food bank knows the humiliated users have been referred by police, health visitors or doctors, after hitting rock bottom.

They are given vouchers for emergency three-day supplies of the most basic value-brand food. And they’re only allowed three visits a year.

It is pitiful to all but the pitiless, like Currie, who reminds us what lies in the cold heart of the Thatcherite.

How they enjoy punishing the poor (since the Bedroom Tax came in food bank use has tripled) demeaning and demonising them.

She typifies a right-wing I’m All Right Jack, grab what you can and let those who can’t rot, mentality. And the hypocrisy is priceless.

Take grabbing what you can. In 2007, Hugh McCallion, a colleague of Currie’s when she was an unknown politician on Birmingham City Council, shared his memories of her.

“Edwina’s capacity for food was legendary,” he said. “On one occasion she devoured two plates of sandwiches and put the other one in her bag. On another occasion, at a reception, she filled a large plastic bag with left-over food. A colleague remarked, ‘You must have a big dog’. She replied: ‘I haven’t got a dog. These are for my husband and kids’.”

How pernicious is that? How many shops would shut if everyone, especially those with money, lived off hand-outs? And isn’t it time someone wrote a no-holds-barred drama based on Currie’s life? Called Shameless.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/edwina-currie-happy-demonise-food-3098755#ixzz2s3lYdaGB
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Tory scum bitch needs a good egging!

Back to top Go down

Edwina Currie happy to demonise food bank users while filling her own face at others' expense  - Page 2 Empty Re: Edwina Currie happy to demonise food bank users while filling her own face at others' expense

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:14 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Catman wrote:

Now....Why didn't you reply to that one earlier!  Rolling Eyes 

Because I had been having dinner with my daughter and your infantile ramblings aren't sufficiently important to interfere with such pleasures. Satisfied?

I'm sure that you were very glad to be able to afford to put the gas/electric on the cook your dinner!

You say that you own land, i hope that some travelers take it over soon!  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Edwina Currie happy to demonise food bank users while filling her own face at others' expense  - Page 2 Empty Re: Edwina Currie happy to demonise food bank users while filling her own face at others' expense

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:15 pm

Joy Division wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Personally, JD, I can't stand the bitch, er woman. She actually stood as the Tory candidate in the EU elections in my constituency and since I felt I could vote for neither her nor the dickheads that the Labour and Lib-Dems put up, I voted for a mad-as-a-box-of-frogs Natural Law Party candidate who genuinely believed he could levitate.

I think my vote was one of about seven that he got, and though I wasted my electoral right on that occasion I at least felt my honour was intact.

I can't deny that Cruella's legs (and black underwear) really were something, though.

::alahoo:: lol! 

A real way with words Ed!!, that post gave me a good laugh!

....natural law party levitator!!, oh ffs !! ..well he was a better choice for you than the rest at least!

He really was totally off his rocker. Bloody good laugh, though.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:17 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Catman wrote:Didn't he have an experience with, that Dories Tory woman...The one from 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here'

jocolor 

Nadine Dorries is my Westminster MP, and very good she was before her silly stunt damaged her reputation.

Currie was standing as an EU parliamentary candidate in the region which includes my constituency.

I appreciate that the difference may be a little difficult for you to comprehend.

For the record, I once also arranged a visit for Blair when he was the Leader of the Opposition and took great delight in seeing him step in a pile of sh*t conveniently left by a rather large Friesian cow. Very apt, considering the sh*t that he subsequently got the country into.

And all of the bile that you spout about the Labour party!  lol! 

..Perhaps just another one of your wet dreams, along with your delusions of granduar!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:18 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Joy Division wrote:

::alahoo:: lol! 

A real way with words Ed!!, that post gave me a good laugh!

....natural law party levitator!!, oh ffs !! ..well he was a better choice for you than the rest at least!

He really was totally off his rocker. Bloody good laugh, though.

Well the laugh he gave you was well worth the vote Ed!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:22 pm

Catman wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Because I had been having dinner with my daughter and your infantile ramblings aren't sufficiently important to interfere with such pleasures. Satisfied?

I'm sure that you were very glad to be able to afford to put the gas/electric on the cook your dinner!

You say that you own land, i hope that some travelers take it over soon!  Razz 

Had the "New" Labour filth remained in power I doubt whether we would have had any gas or electricity, whether we could afford it or not.

At least a few travellers would provide me with some target practice; we are a bit short of foxes and other vermin at the moment.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:26 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Catman wrote:Didn't he have an experience with, that Dories Tory woman...The one from 'I'm a celebrity get me out of here'

jocolor 

Nadine Dorries is my Westminster MP, and very good she was before her silly stunt damaged her reputation.

Currie was standing as an EU parliamentary candidate in the region which includes my constituency.

I appreciate that the difference may be a little difficult for you to comprehend.

For the record, I once also arranged a visit for Blair when he was the Leader of the Opposition and took great delight in seeing him step in a pile of sh*t conveniently left by a rather large Friesian cow. Very apt, considering the sh*t that he subsequently got the country into.

Down here in the beautiful South we consider it lucky to step in cow shit, of course "tony" was one of Britains greatest prime ministers, over 1 million pensioners lifted out of poverty, 40 consecutive quarters of growth, 6% lower government spending! rebuilt the infrastructure,,,which made Britain a decent society again, a 90% fall in industrial unrest, 40% fall in crime! he introduced the minimum wage, paid holidays, he repealed nasty party acts, and gave us an independent BOE, of course he also held onto our AAA status and kept the British pound.
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:26 pm

...Deary me....

Crying or Very sad 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:29 pm

scrat wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Down here in the beautiful South we consider it lucky to step in cow shit, of course "tony" was one of Britains greatest prime ministers, over 1 million pensioners lifted out of poverty, 40 consecutive quarters of growth, 6% lower government spending! rebuilt the infrastructure,,,which made Britain a decent society again, a 90% fall in industrial unrest, 40% fall in crime! he introduced the minimum wage, paid holidays, he repealed nasty party acts, and gave us an independent BOE, of course he also held onto our AAA status and kept the British pound.

....And brought in equality.

One could fuck one's partner, whilst under the age of 21!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:30 pm

Catman wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

And all of the bile that you spout about the Labour party!  lol! 

..Perhaps just another one of your wet dreams, along with your delusions of granduar!

Complaining about anyone "spouting bile" about a political party is a bit rich coming from someone like you. And at least I do it in understandable English untainted by obscenities.

It's "grandeur", by the way...a bit advanced for the third form, I know.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:35 pm

scrat wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Do you have that old Labour Party HQ briefing note for activists pinned to your bedroom wall Scrat? If not it must by now be very dog eared.

You know it was all cobbled together by that font of wisdom and truth Alastair "my nose is growing" Campbell, don't you? Or was it Charlie Whelan? You know, the one they caught making up false salacious stories about Tory MPs and trying to flog them round the red top tabloids...
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:39 pm

Catman wrote:
scrat wrote:

....And brought in equality.

One could fuck one's partner, whilst under the age of 21!

Nice to know that the Labour Party at least represented a bunch of juvenile fuckers...
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:49 pm

I say Moley old chap, If you cant hit squirrels with that there blunderbus of yours, you wont stand a lot of chance nailing the pikey travellers...they dont half get a move on, especially whilst legging it over your garden wall, carrying the contents of your garden shed with them.
I suggest eithe a bit of slurry spreading OR get some practice in down at your local clay club  Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by scrat Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:54 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
scrat wrote:

Do you have that old Labour Party HQ briefing note for activists pinned to your bedroom wall Scrat? If not it must by now be very dog eared.

You know it was all cobbled together by that font of wisdom and truth Alastair "my nose is growing" Campbell, don't you? Or was it Charlie Whelan? You know, the one they caught making up false salacious stories about Tory MPs and trying to flog them round the red top tabloids...
M'lud I honestly fail to see why Labour have got your goat, let's be honest here, do you really believe that the austerity measures are working, or do you,,,perhaps like me,,,have a sneaking suspicion that we're dancing on thin ice!
scrat
scrat
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:56 pm

grumpy old git wrote:I say Moley old chap, If you cant hit squirrels with that there blunderbus of yours, you wont stand a lot of chance nailing the pikey travellers...they dont half get a move on, especially whilst legging it over your garden wall, carrying the contents of your garden shed with them.
I suggest eithe a bit of slurry spreading OR get some practice in down at your local clay club  Wink 

I have a high power pump and a large septic tank...will those do?

Who said owt about a blunderbuss? 12 bore? Pah! I have a mate in the Army who'll lend me an L85A2 for twenty quid.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:02 am

scrat wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

M'lud I honestly fail to see why Labour have got your goat, let's be honest here, do you really believe that the austerity measures are working, or do you,,,perhaps like me,,,have a sneaking suspicion that we're dancing on thin ice!

Although there's at last some better economic news around - something which appears to be annoying the Labour leadership immensely, which leads me to believe that there's some substance in it - I have absolutely no doubt that we're dancing on thin ice...just as much as I have no doubt that if that maniac Balls and the unreconstituted Marxist Miliband ever find themselves in numbers 10 and 11 we won't even have any f*cking ice to dance on.

And with that unhappy thought, I shall wend my weary way to bed. 'Nite, all.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:04 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
grumpy old git wrote:I say Moley old chap, If you cant hit squirrels with that there blunderbus of yours, you wont stand a lot of chance nailing the pikey travellers...they dont half get a move on, especially whilst legging it over your garden wall, carrying the contents of your garden shed with them.

Who said owt about a blunderbuss? 12 bore? Pah! I have a mate in the Army who'll lend me an L85A2 for twenty quid.

you might have a bit of a problem getting the local clay club to let you practice with that Shocked 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:17 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Who's saying...That the 'great unwashed' might overpower you one day, and put you in your own septic tank!  Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:20 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
scrat wrote:

Although there's at last some better economic news around - something which appears to be annoying the Labour leadership immensely, which leads me to believe that there's some substance in it - I have absolutely no doubt that we're dancing on thin ice...just as much as I have no doubt that if that maniac Balls and the unreconstituted Marxist Miliband ever find themselves in numbers 10 and 11 we won't even have any f*cking ice to dance on.

Hope that you have enough electric on to power the stair lift!  Razz 

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:56 am

Catman wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Yes, I had it installed when my wife was dying of cancer and I was semi-incapacitated and awaiting an operation, and it's still there.

I seem to recall that your jolly little contribution to the debate in which that was mentioned was to post a cartoon of a dinosaur saying something on the lines that "we're dying out."

And you wonder why decent posters regard you as a nasty, foul-mouthed, obscene apology for a human being whose presence fouls every forum which is daft enough to allow you to spew out your endless stream of filth.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:59 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Catman wrote:

Yes, I had it installed when my wife was dying of cancer and I was semi-incapacitated and awaiting an operation, and it's still there.

I seem to recall that your jolly little contribution to the debate in which that was mentioned was to post a cartoon of a dinosaur saying something on the lines that "we're dying out."

And you wonder why decent posters regard you as a nasty, foul-mouthed, obscene apology for a human being whose presence fouls every forum which is daft enough to allow you to spew out your endless stream of filth.

Your a fucking liar over that one.

Go swivel cunt!

Ha! Ha!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:55 pm

Catman wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

Go swivel cunt!

Ha! Ha!

I am sure that some will remember it, even though most of the garbage which you post is eminently forgettable.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:12 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:
Catman wrote:

Go swivel cunt!

Ha! Ha!

I am sure that some will remember it, even though most of the garbage which you post is eminently forgettable.

I'm sure your Tory scum mates will confirm it, but that never happened.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:12 pm

Catman wrote:
Fred Moletrousers wrote:

I'm sure your Tory scum mates will confirm it, but that never happened.

Oh yes it did...and you "illustrated" it with a cartoon of a green dinosaur which you lifted from a book for very young children, something which I remember thinking was most appropriate in your case...the forum's most petulant, foot-stamping, wailing infant just about capable of reading a book for five-year-olds.

Still, you're a Labour supporter so I suppose that it's understandable.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Yet more lying Tory scum shite.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2