NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

After a moment of silence for the Holocaust, Cubans call for a moment of silence for Palestinians at UN

2 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

After a moment of silence for the Holocaust, Cubans call for a moment of silence for Palestinians at UN Empty Re: After a moment of silence for the Holocaust, Cubans call for a moment of silence for Palestinians at UN

Post by Guest Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:15 pm

Are they seriously equating the victims of the Holocaust to that of Palestinian civilian casualties in conflicts started by the Palestinians?

Wow

Do you think they are comparable Zack?

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

After a moment of silence for the Holocaust, Cubans call for a moment of silence for Palestinians at UN Empty Re: After a moment of silence for the Holocaust, Cubans call for a moment of silence for Palestinians at UN

Post by Guest Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:27 pm

What? You are claiming that Israel has committed the mass murder of 5 million Palestinians are you?

Even more incredible since the population of the Palestinians has increased exponentially since 1948, from over 1 million to 10 million today.

Well there you have it, a prime example of antisemitism, equating the Israelis to the Nazis and off a whopper of a lie. 

Drawing comparisons of contemporary Israeli policy to that of the Nazis.

Holding Jews collectively responsible for actions of the state of Israel.

However, criticism of Israel similar to that leveled against any other country cannot be regarded as antisemitic. Antisemitic acts are criminal when they are so defined by law (for example, denial of the Holocaust or distribution of antisemitic materials in some countries).

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/a-definition-of-antisemitism

As can be seen below the amount of conflicts started by the Palestinians and Arabs against Israel. Seems Zacks maths is a tad out or understanding what the systematic genocide of a people is.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/total-casualties-arab-israeli-conflict

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:19 pm

One can understand Cubans taking this stand.  On the theory that the friend of my enemy, is my enemy, Cuba keys on the US as the focus of the evil and takes it's animosity toward Israel from its (Israel's) friendship and support from the US.

I would guess it has less to do with Israel, and more to do with being on the other side of the international divide.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:44 pm

Original Quill wrote:One can understand Cubans taking this stand.  On the theory that the friend of my enemy, is my enemy, Cuba keys on the US as the focus of the evil and takes it's animosity toward Israel from its (Israel's) friendship and support from the US.

I would guess it has less to do with Israel, and more to do with being on the other side of the international divide.

That is a fair point Quill. I mean if they had given a moments silence for both the Palestinians and Israeli's that had lost lives, I could very well understand. The call by Cuba seemed very political.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:50 pm

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:One can understand Cubans taking this stand.  On the theory that the friend of my enemy, is my enemy, Cuba keys on the US as the focus of the evil and takes it's animosity toward Israel from its (Israel's) friendship and support from the US.

I guess that is a fair point Quill. I mean if they had given a moments silence for both the Palestinians and Israeli's that had lost lives, I could very well understand. The call by Cuba seemed very political.

They did, the one for the Jewish Holocaust was first.   You need to see the whole thing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:51 pm

Nope, Cuba has always supported Palestine

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:02 pm

sassy wrote:

As Cuba is a human rights abuser. One thing that has been seen is that the human rights abuser nations and authoritarian nations outnumber now the democratic nations. Thus they defend each other from any calls for action against their abuses.

Eleanor Roosevelt would be appalled to see what the UN has become today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:11 pm

sassy wrote:

"Always", but still not as long as they have hated the US.  The Palestinian issue hadn't even arisen when Cuba started hating the US.

I think it happened by coincidence when Israel was giving that speech.  It could have been an Afghanistani speech about goat-fooking and they would have spoken up, just to disrupt something backed by the US.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down