NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump Administration Tried To Blackmail Reporters

3 posters

Go down

Trump Administration Tried To Blackmail Reporters Empty Trump Administration Tried To Blackmail Reporters

Post by Lurker Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:17 pm

Scarborough said on the show that the National Enquirer was working on a story about him and Brzezinski, but that the tabloid would "spike" the story if they apologized to the president for their coverage of him.

"Donald is friends with the guy who runs the National Enquirer," Scarborough said on the show.

"They were pinning the story on my ex-husband," Brzezinski added. "And I knew he would never do that. So I knew it was a lie and they had nothing."

National Enquirer editor-in-chief Dylan Howard responded after the show that a story was reported in early June about Scarborough and Brzezinski's relationship, but that "at no time did we threaten either Joe or Mika or their children in connection with our reporting on the story. We have no knowledge of any discussions between the White House and Joe and Mika about our story, and absolutely no involvement in those discussions.”

In a Friday op-ed in The Washington Post, Scarborough and Brzezinski said they were concerned that Trump's "unmoored behavior" is going beyond personal attacks.

"America's leaders and allies are asking themselves yet again whether this man is fit to be president," they wrote. "We have our doubts, but we are both certain that the man is not mentally equipped to continue watching our show, 'Morning Joe.'"

He takes something small, he tries to weaponize it," Scarborough said. "This has been one of our great frustrations. He just ends up hurting himself."

Scarborough said he was alarmed when he got a call from a member of Congress who told him that Trump was speaking to about 20 lawmakers on the health care bill when the talk suddenly shifted to the "Morning Joe" hosts.

The congressman said the president mentioned how Brzezinski had been bleeding from an apparent face-lift and appeared in a rage, according to Scarborough.

"This congressman said, 'I don't even know why I'm calling you, but I was scared for you guys and wanted you to know,'" Scarborough said.

MSNBC issued a response Thursday as the comments sparked backlash from both sides of the aisle and reignited Trump's past remarks related to women that have been decried as sexist.

It’s a sad day for America when the president spends his time bullying, lying and spewing petty personal attacks instead of doing his job.

When asked about Trump's tweets, House Speaker Paul Ryan told reporters Thursday: "Obviously I don't see that as an appropriate comment."

Several members of Trump's own Republican Party tweeted messages denouncing the president's posts.

This is not okay. As a female in politics I am often criticized for my looks. We should be working to empower women.

Trump was a frequent guest on "Morning Joe" during the start of his 2016 presidential run. But his contentious relationship with the media has only grown since taking office earlier this year. He attacked CNN, The Post and The New York Times on Twitter earlier this week.

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders responded to the furor by saying that voters "knew what they were getting when they elected Donald Trump." She said Trump was defending himself against continuing personal attacks from the "liberal media."

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/morning-joe-hosts-respond-trump-s-tweets-we-re-ok-n778476
Lurker
Lurker
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Trump Administration Tried To Blackmail Reporters Empty Re: Trump Administration Tried To Blackmail Reporters

Post by JulesV Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:06 am

Lurker wrote:
..... White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders responded to the furor by saying that "votersknew what they were getting when they elected Donald Trump." ...

Very telling that the only way his minions can defend him is to say "people knew what they were getting ..."  His spin doctors are paid to put a gloss on his mistakes, and portray him in a positive light. Is this the best they can do?

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Trump Administration Tried To Blackmail Reporters Empty Re: Trump Administration Tried To Blackmail Reporters

Post by Original Quill Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:58 am

Trump and blackmail are cozy mates. Trump is probably being blackmailed by Russia with the golden shower tapes with the Moscow prostitutes.

Blackmail is a form of extortion, and that was what Trump was doing when threatened Comey with audio tapes.

BTW, Trump now claims those tapes don't exist, but--show of hands--who doesn't believe Trump is a liar? No one. Trust me, the tapes exist...they just show he tried to obstruct justice, a felony. He always invents the lie that suits him at the time.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down