NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mother-of-four dies after using fat burner pills and anti-cellulite cream she bought over the web because she was 'paranoid' at turning 50

+2
Raggamuffin
eddie
6 posters

Go down

Mother-of-four dies after using fat burner pills and anti-cellulite cream she bought over the web because she was 'paranoid' at turning 50   Empty Mother-of-four dies after using fat burner pills and anti-cellulite cream she bought over the web because she was 'paranoid' at turning 50

Post by Guest Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:13 am

[*]Linda Baranowski, 50, used T5 fat burning pills and Yili Balo anti-cellulite cream
[*]She's said to have collapsed with stomach pains weeks after taking supplements
[*]Mrs Baranowski took supplements because she was 'paranoid' about turning 50
[*]Her skin turned purple, started to peel off as alleged side-effect, daughter said

A mother-of-four died after using fat burning supplements and ant-cellulite cream which she bought on Facebook, it has been reported. Linda Baranowski, 50, is said to have collapsed with stomach pains weeks after ingesting T5 fat burning pills and rubbing Yili Balo cream on her legs. Mrs Baranowski of Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire, took the supplements because she was 'paranoid' about turning 50.

Her skin turned purple and started to peel off as an alleged side-effect, her daughter Michaela, 29, told the Sun. Mrs Baranowski, who bought the products from Facebook seller Kay Mavrides for £30, died after five weeks on a life-support machine.  Police reportedly said Mavrides admitted that two other buyers complained the gel made them feel hot. An inquest in Hertfordshire heard that she purchased the products from someone else on eBay. Trading Standards found no issues with her other products but Hertfordshire coroner Geoffrey Sullivan said Mrs Baranowski likely died 'as a result of an inflammatory reaction to dietary supplements' Linda's 50-year-old husband Mark said: The waters are very murky surrounding these things, so of course I think they need regulating.' On a crowdfunding site seeking to raise funds for a memorial bench for Mrs Baranowski, daughter Michaela described her as 'a stunningly beautiful woman with a figure to match'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4631160/Mother-four-dies-using-fat-burner-pills.html#ixzz4kobDrs3a 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Back to top Go down

Mother-of-four dies after using fat burner pills and anti-cellulite cream she bought over the web because she was 'paranoid' at turning 50   Empty Re: Mother-of-four dies after using fat burner pills and anti-cellulite cream she bought over the web because she was 'paranoid' at turning 50

Post by eddie Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:14 pm

How sad that vanity continues to kill people.

Why do people think there's a quick fix to looking good?
Firstly, good skin comes from within - a layer of cream does nothing. Water, a sensible diet and sun cream,(over-exposure to the sun is the biggest crime you can commit against your skin), is all your skin needs to look youthful.

Let's face it, we all know not to buy tablets online.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Mother-of-four dies after using fat burner pills and anti-cellulite cream she bought over the web because she was 'paranoid' at turning 50   Empty Re: Mother-of-four dies after using fat burner pills and anti-cellulite cream she bought over the web because she was 'paranoid' at turning 50

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:39 pm

eddie wrote:How sad that vanity continues to kill people.

Firstly, good skin comes from within - a layer of cream does nothing. Water, a sensible diet and sun cream,(over-exposure to the sun is the biggest crime you can commit against your skin), is all your skin needs to look youthful.  

Cellulite is difficult to shift apparently, and I'm not sure it's anything to do with sun cream. It's just fat, so losing weight might help, but even thin people can get cellulite.

Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:59 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Cellulite is difficult to shift apparently, and I'm not sure it's anything to do with sun cream. It's just fat, so losing weight might help, but even thin people can get cellulite.

Cellulite can be removed by exercise.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:00 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Cellulite can be removed by exercise.

So I've heard, but you can't spot reduce fat by exercise - it has to be metabolised.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:28 pm

That's right. I think it's just sad that a woman felt so unhappy about a little cellulite that she paid with her life.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:31 pm

eddie wrote:That's right. I think it's just sad that a woman felt so unhappy about a little cellulite that she paid with her life.  

Yes it is. There seems to be two possible culprits - the cream and the diet pills. Mind you, she was also drinking some weird tea.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:46 pm

Drinking plenty of water and exercise help break the fat down. Water is very good for this. Swimming will help too.

I wouldn't buy pills off the internet, could be anything in them. This poor lady paid the price.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:

Massage shifts it, but you have back that up with a good diet and plenty of water.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:40 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

Massage shifts it, but you have back that up with a good diet and plenty of water.

I presume that it's the action of massaging rather than the actual cellulite cream which helps? According to Wiki, it occurs in 80-90% of post-adolescent females, so it's more abnormal not to have it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:44 pm

Women store more water and fat than men. As long as you look after yourself you sometimes just need to accept a little cellulite.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:45 pm

eddie wrote:Women store more water and fat than men. As long as you look after yourself you sometimes just need to accept a little cellulite.

Yes, I don't think it matters much unless you go out with a lot of flesh showing, and even then it's really not that serious. Razz
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:47 pm

I think its luck of the draw Rags.

Having a shower and rubbing with the scrunchie can help, but thing is, you either have it or you don't.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:54 pm

Who cares about a bit of cellulite....I hate the way women want to achieve perfection in their looks. They look at photo shopped and airbrushed images and think that's how they should look too....and they wont because its not real.

Its sad that so many women put themselves under so much pressure....she looked just fine in those pictures, a lovely attractive woman.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:36 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

I presume that it's the action of massaging rather than the actual cellulite cream which helps? According to Wiki, it occurs in 80-90% of post-adolescent females, so it's more abnormal not to have it.

No amount of cream will shift cellulite. The massage stimulates the skin, muscles etc, and increases blood flow which in turn flushes out metabolic waste and stagnant fluids. Improved circulation does feed the tissues and the collegen. But as you get older it can get worse, and something like 98 percent of women have it. It has something to do with the way our fat is distributed as opposed to men. By that I mean the underlying structure of the fat cells. You don't actually have to massage the areas of cellulite, though it might help a little. A full body massage will flush things out just the same. But you have to exercise and watch your diet. I also believe a clean colon makes a huge difference to health. Clog up your gizzards and you're asking for trouble.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:39 pm

I remember the lovely comedienne Marti Caine when talking of cellulite on her thighs said they looked like a 'panel beaters nightmare'. Laughing

Pamela Anderson, slim and lovely ..this is an untouched pic, cellulite is natural in most women, even young slim ones are not immune.

Mother-of-four dies after using fat burner pills and anti-cellulite cream she bought over the web because she was 'paranoid' at turning 50   72754e89069eb52c3669a981f5aa056d

Last edited by Syl on Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:42 pm

Syl wrote:I remember the lovely comedienne Marti Caine when talking of cellulite on her thighs said they looked like a 'panel beaters nightmare'. Laughing

Yeah, you can be thin and still have it.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:48 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:I remember the lovely comedienne Marti Caine when talking of cellulite on her thighs said they looked like a 'panel beaters nightmare'. Laughing

Yes I just edited my post above.
I am slim and was always pretty fit, I started getting a bit of cellulite in my thighs when I was in my 30's.
It gets a bit worse with age, but so what...I feel sorry for women to judge themselves so harshly.
The woman who has died was lovely...its sad and so pointless.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:02 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No amount of cream will shift cellulite.   The massage stimulates the skin, muscles etc, and increases blood flow which in turn flushes out metabolic waste and stagnant fluids.    Improved circulation does feed the tissues and the collegen.  But as you get older it can get worse, and something like 98 percent of women have it.  It has something to do with the way our fat is distributed as opposed to men.  By that I mean the underlying structure of the fat cells.  You don't actually have to massage the areas of cellulite, though it might help a little.  A full body massage will flush things out just the same. But you have to exercise and watch your diet.   I also believe a clean colon makes a huge difference to health.  Clog up your gizzards  and you're asking for trouble.

Yes, that seems obvious to me. A cream can't penetrate that far and do anything to break up fat. It sounds like hard work getting rid of it - it's better to just accept it.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Raggamuffin Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:03 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

Yes I just edited my post above.
I am slim and was always pretty fit, I started getting a bit of cellulite in my thighs when I was in my 30's.
It gets a bit worse with age, but so what...I feel sorry for women to judge themselves so harshly.
The woman who has died was lovely...its sad and so pointless.

Yes it is sad and pointless, but it's also probably a fairly rare reaction, assuming that the products were genuine.
Raggamuffin
Raggamuffin
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:33 pm

Yet another example of how women feel pressured to conform to abnormal perceptions of beauty.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:47 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

No amount of cream will shift cellulite.   The massage stimulates the skin, muscles etc, and increases blood flow which in turn flushes out metabolic waste and stagnant fluids.    Improved circulation does feed the tissues and the collegen.  But as you get older it can get worse, and something like 98 percent of women have it.  It has something to do with the way our fat is distributed as opposed to men.  By that I mean the underlying structure of the fat cells.  You don't actually have to massage the areas of cellulite, though it might help a little.  A full body massage will flush things out just the same. But you have to exercise and watch your diet.   I also believe a clean colon makes a huge difference to health.  Clog up your gizzards  and you're asking for trouble.

Yes, that seems obvious to me. A cream can't penetrate that far and do anything to break up fat. It sounds like hard work getting rid of it - it's better to just accept it.

That's why I say eczema creams won't work.
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:51 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Yet another example of how women feel pressured to conform to  abnormal  perceptions of beauty.  

True, and it is abnormal because the images they see are not real.

I would ban airbrushing in magazines if it was up to me....its just creating false illusions about how real women look.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:04 pm

eddie wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:

That's why I say eczema creams won't work.

Certain creams do penetrate right into the skin layers then into the blood stream. Anything with essential oils, for example, will go into the bloodstream because their molecular structure is so small. Paraffin based creams just sit on the surface, as does mineral oil, like baby oil.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:25 pm

After reading all that I was beginning to worry that I was changing sex.

Then I realised that the problem I had recently was cellulitis!
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:45 am

Fred Moletrousers wrote:After reading all that I was beginning to worry that I was changing sex.

Then I realised that the problem I had recently was cellulitis!

lol!

That made me laugh.
Pity more people don't realise that a sense of humour is way more attractive to others than perfect looks.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down