NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greg Gianforte Apologizes to Reporter He Body-Slammed

Go down

Greg Gianforte Apologizes to Reporter He Body-Slammed Empty Greg Gianforte Apologizes to Reporter He Body-Slammed

Post by Guest Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:33 am

Montana Rep.-elect Greg Gianforte on Wednesday apologized to the reporter he is accused of body-slamming and said he would donate $50,000 to the Committee to Protect Journalists. The night before the special election for Montana’s lone seat in the U.S. House of Representatives, Gianforte allegedly body-slammed Guardian reporter Ben Jacobs and was charged with misdemeanor assault. “My physical response to your legitimate question was unprofessional, unacceptable, and unlawful,” Gianforte wrote in a letter to Jacobs, adding: “I had no right to respond the way I did to your legitimate question about healthcare policy. You were doing your job.” Despite the negative press coverage stemming from the alleged assault, Gianforte defeated his Democratic rival the next day and will soon head to Washington to serve in the House.

READ IT AT POLITICO

So he admits to the assault, so why is he not being charged?

Back to top Go down

Greg Gianforte Apologizes to Reporter He Body-Slammed Empty Re: Greg Gianforte Apologizes to Reporter He Body-Slammed

Post by Original Quill Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:57 am

I believe he was charged.

He's just trying to weasel out of it, making pretty remarks while buying his way out of it by paying out lots of money. His first response was that it was a "liberal" reporter, asking inappropriate questions.

He just thought he could get away with it because Trump has normalized brownshirt tactics in American politics.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down