NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corbyn Defended Fighters Returning From Syria

Go down

Corbyn Defended Fighters Returning From Syria Empty Corbyn Defended Fighters Returning From Syria

Post by Guest Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:55 pm

Top Tories are lining up to condemn Corbyn after Guido revealed the Labour leader’s opposition to criminalising ISIS supporters and his vote to allow fighters in Syria to return to Britain.

Security minister Ben Wallace says:

“Jeremy Corbyn cannot hide from his record of consistently opposing the powers the police and security services need to keep the United Kingdom safe. For thirty years Corbyn has put his support for Britain’s opponents ahead of national security, yet four days before polling day he cynically wants to fool voters into thinking he will keep Britain safe.”

Tom Tugendhat tells Guido:

“The political opinions expressed by ISIS are beheadings, enslavement and rape in Syria, terrorism and hatred abroad. Why can the man who wants to be Prime Minister not recognise treason when he sees it?”

James Cleverly adds:

“Corbyn has been on the wrong side of every judgment call about national security. Calling Hamas and Hezbollah “friends”, boasting about opposing every piece of counter-terrorism legislation, opposing Trident, questioning the police using lethal force during terrorist attacks, calling for cuts to the armed forces, and now this. I don’t believe he has had a sudden change of heart on national security issues and I doubt anyone else will either.”

Alec Shelbrooke says:

“This is a snippet of the forgiveness for terrorism there would be under a Corbyn government, with cheerleading from the sidelines by a Home Secretary that would rather talk about a haircut than her comments celebrating victory against the British state.”

And Bob Neill blasts:

“This is straight from Hansard. At best crass naivety, at worst a willing apologist… either way unfit to be PM.”

Corbyn has some front calling the Tories weak on defence given he defended the rights of ISIS supporters to come back to Britain…
https://order-order.com/2017/06/05/tories-condemn-corbyns-support-for-fighters-returning-from-syria/

Seumas Milne ordered Jeremy Corbyn to spin his real views on defence in order to “close down” criticism in the last few days of the election. In the Mail on Sunday’s recording of Seumas having a loud conversation with Jezza on a train, Labour’s strategy chief says:

“We need to find, I think overnight, without looking defensive of trying to seal down the Trident thing so it doesn’t keep intruding in the next few days… It might be worth thinking in the morning how when you do this thing in Lincoln… then maybe do a clip later where you will be asked about it.  We should maybe find a formula to close it down… We just, I think we just need a form of words.”

Corbyn found that “form of words” in his response to the London Bridge attack:

“I will take whatever action is necessary and effective to protect the security of our people and our country. That includes full authority for the police to use whatever force is necessary to protect and save life as they did last night, as they did in Westminster in March.”

Corbyn’s overnight conversion on defence is not a reflection of his true views. It was a “formula” conceived by Seumas to fool voters…

https://order-order.com/2017/06/05/seumas-ordered-corbyn-spin-real-views-defence/

Corbyn Defended Fighters Returning From Syria No-exile-540x90

On May 7, 2014 the Home Secretary Theresa May brought forward a bill to deprive those fighting with ISIS of their citizenship. The legislation would allow if

… the Secretary of State is satisfied that the deprivation is conducive to the public good because the person, while having that citizenship status, has conducted him or herself in a manner which is seriously prejudicial to the vital interests of the United Kingdom
… them to be deprived of their citizenship, lose their passport and become stateless. Essentially exiling those fighting for ISIS.

The roll-call above shows who voted to allow terrorist fighters to return to Britain…
https://order-order.com/2017/06/05/corbyn-mcdonnell-abbott-voted-to-allow-isis-fighters-to-return-to-britain/

Jeremy Corbyn spoke in defence of fighters returning from Syria and argued people who express support for ISIS should not be prosecuted. In a 2014 parliamentary debate, Corbyn told the Commons the UK should not make “value judgments” about fighters returning from Syria and questioned the “legal obstacles” facing ISIS fighters arriving back in Britain:
“I feel that we should think about this rather more carefully and avoid the knee-jerk reaction of saying, “These are bad fighters and those are good fighters, so we will ban these and allow those in… I have encountered young people who have been attracted to what ISIS is doing. They say that what the West did in Iraq and Afghanistan was appalling, and was questionably legal in the case of Afghanistan and definitely illegal in the case of Iraq. We are living with the consequences of the war on terror of 2001, and if we continue to try to create legal obstacles and make value judgments about people without considering the overall policy we are following, we will return to legislation such as this again and again, year after year.”
Asked if ISIS fighters returning to Britain should face action, Corbyn said ISIS supporters should not be prosecuted for “expressing a political point of view”:

“I have no support for ISIS whatsoever, and obviously [measures] should apply to someone who has committed crimes, but we should bear in mind that expressing a political point of view is not in itself an offence. The commission of a criminal act is clearly a different matter, but expressing a point of view, even an unpalatable one, is sometimes quite important in a democracy. We should be slightly cautious about announcing that we will start to deal with people on the basis of a general view that they have expressed. We should think seriously about where our foreign policy has brought us, and what our legislative position now is.”

Would Jeremy Corbyn have made a “value judgement” about Salman Abedi when he returned from Syria and Libya? Would he have opposed “legal obstacles” to him returning to Britain? Does Corbyn really believe people expressing support for ISIS should not face measures from the government? These words are horrendous for Corbyn in the context of the last few weeks…
https://order-order.com/2017/06/05/corbyn-defended-fighters-returning-from-syria/

It seems obvious to me, if citizens go to fight for an enemy of this country, then that is treason.

Back to top Go down