NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out for 3 Days, at No 3 Captain Ska Liar Liar

+2
Andy
Original Quill
6 posters

Go down

Out for 3 Days, at No 3  Captain Ska Liar Liar Empty Out for 3 Days, at No 3 Captain Ska Liar Liar

Post by Guest Mon May 29, 2017 7:35 pm

Absolutely brilliant, BBC refusing to play it, I wonder why

Back to top Go down

Out for 3 Days, at No 3  Captain Ska Liar Liar Empty Re: Out for 3 Days, at No 3 Captain Ska Liar Liar

Post by Original Quill Tue May 30, 2017 4:58 am

Doesn't the BBC like political comment? What will they permit, passages from the Book of Mormon read by well-scrubbed, blond haired kids?

BTW, I thought May was a Scottish lass. That accent doesn't sound Scot to me.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Out for 3 Days, at No 3  Captain Ska Liar Liar Empty Re: Out for 3 Days, at No 3 Captain Ska Liar Liar

Post by Andy Tue May 30, 2017 8:10 am

She comes from Holland. She tslks double Dutch.
Andy
Andy
Poet Laureate & Traveling Bard of NewsFix

Location : Winning the fight to drain the swamp of far right extremists.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue May 30, 2017 10:37 am

Original Quill wrote:Doesn't the BBC like political comment?  What will they permit, passages from the Book of Mormon read by well-scrubbed, blond haired kids?

BTW, I thought May was a Scottish lass.  That accent doesn't sound Scot to me.

The BBC only want you to hear what they want you to know.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Devil, You Know Tue May 30, 2017 1:41 pm

not a patch on this one though
The Devil, You Know
The Devil, You Know
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue May 30, 2017 7:03 pm

sassy wrote:Absolutely brilliant, BBC refusing to play it, I wonder why

Because the BBC is required, under the terms of the Royal Charter under which it operates as a publicly (i.e. compulsory licence payer) funded body and the de facto national broadcaster of the UK, to be strictly impartial so far as party politics are concerned.

Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Tue May 30, 2017 7:09 pm

Original Quill wrote:Doesn't the BBC like political comment?  What will they permit, passages from the Book of Mormon read by well-scrubbed, blond haired kids?

BTW, I thought May was a Scottish lass.  That accent doesn't sound Scot to me.

Of course the BBC "likes political comment", Quill. However its operations are funded largely through a compulsory licence fee (a form of tax), non-payment of which can be punished by heavy fines and even imprisonment, and the Royal Charter under which it operates has always required it to be "non-party political."

As such it has enormous advantages over commercial broadcasting and is, in fact, officially regarded as the UK's national broadcaster.

I don't think you have an equivalent arrangement in the USA.
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue May 30, 2017 10:06 pm

Some think the BBC favours the Tories, I think Labour do better with them. It seems to me, and I apologise if i'm wrong, but I get the impression that the BBC is staffed by "lefties" from "lefty" universities !

nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down