NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Happened When ‘Three Girls’ Star Maxine Peake Met Whistleblower Sara Rowbotham

3 posters

Go down

What Happened When ‘Three Girls’ Star Maxine Peake Met Whistleblower Sara Rowbotham Empty What Happened When ‘Three Girls’ Star Maxine Peake Met Whistleblower Sara Rowbotham

Post by Guest Wed May 17, 2017 4:36 am

Maxine Peake reveals that, when she sat down with Rochdale whistleblower Sara Rowbotham, she was horrified by what she learnt about how the sexual health worker was ignored in her quest to help vulnerable young girls. In BBC drama ‘Three Girls’, Maxine plays Sara, who is a lone voice speaking up for the dozens of young girls who were groomed for sexual abuse by what became a notorious sex ring.

What Happened When ‘Three Girls’ Star Maxine Peake Met Whistleblower Sara Rowbotham 591b5fa2160000a23ec5b920
BBC
Maxine plays Sara Rowbotham in ‘Three Girls’

Maxine said at a recent screening:

“It was really important to meet her. I knew she was open to being spoken to. I went to meet her and we hit it off as soon as I walked in the room. I thought, ‘This is someone I’ve got to play,’ and we’ve stayed in touch since.

For Maxine, the most shocking part of the story was how Sara was ignored by authorities as she battled for years, making what she later claimed were 181 specific referrals.

“For me it was the aftermath, finding out how horrifically she was treated, as is often the case with whistleblowers, because she’d highlighted problems with the workings,” said Maxine. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/three-girls-maxine-peake_uk_591b2049e4b05dd15f0ba2ef?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down

What Happened When ‘Three Girls’ Star Maxine Peake Met Whistleblower Sara Rowbotham Empty Re: What Happened When ‘Three Girls’ Star Maxine Peake Met Whistleblower Sara Rowbotham

Post by magica Wed May 17, 2017 3:51 pm

The police wouldn't listen as they were afraid of being rascist ffs. So it carried on. Been the other way round, the men would've been arrested, which should've happened here. The girls we badly let down. Can we see these men deported when they come out of prison - nah thought not.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

What Happened When ‘Three Girls’ Star Maxine Peake Met Whistleblower Sara Rowbotham Empty Re: What Happened When ‘Three Girls’ Star Maxine Peake Met Whistleblower Sara Rowbotham

Post by nicko Wed May 17, 2017 6:14 pm

When they come out of Prison the Police will protect them, possibly pay for re-location.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Wed May 17, 2017 6:22 pm

I'm going to watch all three of these episodes, back to back, on catch up.
Looks really interesting.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down