NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tory MP Andrew Turner Steps Down ‘After Saying Homosexuality Was Wrong And Bad For Society’

Go down

Tory MP Andrew Turner Steps Down ‘After Saying Homosexuality Was Wrong And Bad For Society’ Empty Tory MP Andrew Turner Steps Down ‘After Saying Homosexuality Was Wrong And Bad For Society’

Post by Guest Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:42 am

A Tory MP has stood down hours after he reportedly told students being gay was “wrong” and “dangerous to society”.

Andrew Turner, who represents the Isle of Wight, made the comments to a group of sixth form students at Christ the King College in Newport on Friday morning.

He was asked whether he was involved in Isle of Wight Pride by A Level politics student Esther Poucher, who said his response had “shocked me to the point of outrage”.

Turner replied he had been invited to the event but would not go.

Poucher, who describes herself as “a passionate campaigner for LGBT rights”, wrote on Facebook: “He told us that he’d been invited, but wasn’t intending to go. This is because (and this is a direct quote) he thinks that homosexuality is ‘wrong’ and ‘dangerous to society’.

At this answer, I had to leave.

“It’s terrifying that in this age and point in our development as a society, there are still people that can’t care enough about a person’s wellbeing to just accept who they are.

“And the most terrifying thing is that we as an island consistently vote him in to represent us. Well fuck that. HE DOES NOT REPRESENT ME.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/andrew-turner-mp-homosexuality-comments_uk_59035589e4b02655f83c6f61?utm_hp_ref=uk

Back to top Go down