NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NHS Trust Tells Parents To Stop Calling Children’s Body Parts ‘Willy’ And ‘Front Bottom’ And To ‘Tell It Like It Is’

+10
Fuzzy Zack
Ben Reilly
Miffs2
Victorismyhero
eddie
HoratioTarr
Fred Moletrousers
Syl
magica
Original Quill
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

NHS Trust Tells Parents To Stop Calling Children’s Body Parts ‘Willy’ And ‘Front Bottom’ And To ‘Tell It Like It Is’ Empty NHS Trust Tells Parents To Stop Calling Children’s Body Parts ‘Willy’ And ‘Front Bottom’ And To ‘Tell It Like It Is’

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:56 pm

Parents have been advised not to call children’s body parts nicknames, such as “willy” or “front bottom”, and use the official words instead.

NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde (NHSGGC) stated on its website that using a variety of words to refer to the penis or vulva can be “really confusing for children”.

The NHS trust’s sexual health service, Sandyford, is encouraging parents to “tell it like it is and use accurate terms from an early age”.

Jill Wilson, health improvement lead at Sandyford said: “Many adults were not taught these words growing up and can feel uncomfortable using them as they can be thought of as ‘sexual’ words.

“Young children do not have these associations and usually consider these words to be as normal as ‘hand’ and ‘leg’.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/children-body-parts-words-advice_uk_5901b563e4b081a5c0fadcc5?utm_hp_ref=uk

Makes perfect sense to me.

Back to top Go down

NHS Trust Tells Parents To Stop Calling Children’s Body Parts ‘Willy’ And ‘Front Bottom’ And To ‘Tell It Like It Is’ Empty Re: NHS Trust Tells Parents To Stop Calling Children’s Body Parts ‘Willy’ And ‘Front Bottom’ And To ‘Tell It Like It Is’

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:48 pm

Over here they are teaching kids to use expressions like pussy and fuck 'em, out of respect for our president's vernacular.

Basketball

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

NHS Trust Tells Parents To Stop Calling Children’s Body Parts ‘Willy’ And ‘Front Bottom’ And To ‘Tell It Like It Is’ Empty Re: NHS Trust Tells Parents To Stop Calling Children’s Body Parts ‘Willy’ And ‘Front Bottom’ And To ‘Tell It Like It Is’

Post by magica Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:52 pm

Lol Quill. lol!

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying willy or privates to a boy or front bottom, underneath, privates to girls either. Much nicer than adult names, which they learn soon enough.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:09 pm

magica wrote:Lol Quill. lol!

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying willy or privates to a boy or front bottom, underneath, privates to girls either.  Much nicer than adult names, which they learn soon enough.

Much nicer?

So the bases on this is how people regard what is a nicer version of the terms and not what the term should be.

I see no issue with calling this the actual term, as people have been for many years before, until parents got silly over this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:03 pm

I don't think there's anything wrong with saying willy or privates to a boy or front bottom, underneath, privates to girls either.  Much nicer than adult names, which they learn soon enough.

I think if the parent feels more comfortable using words like willy (I did with my son) there is no harm in that whatsoever.
My young son used to say he wanted to wee....would the so called 'experts' say the correct term to teach him is 'urinate'?

It wouldn't surprise me if the people who make these sweeping statements (they know it all cos they have read all the textbooks study ) are still wet behind the ears themselves.Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:07 pm

Syl wrote:

I think if the parent feels more comfortable using words like willy (I did with my son) there is no harm in that whatsoever.
My young son used to say he wanted to wee....would the so called 'experts' say the correct term to teach him is 'urinate'?

It wouldn't surprise me if the people who make these sweeping statements (they know it all cos they have read all the textbooks study ) are still wet behind the ears themselves.Rolling Eyes  

Well maybe as the so called experts can see that this confuses many children and that there is no need for parents to use such silly names, when they can use the correct terms for this. As has happened before in the past when this was never a problem. You may not see a problem, but clearly there is issue's around children being confused.

What you have to do is think outside the world of Syl and actually the far bigger picture of many children here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:09 pm

I dislike some of the formal English names, too.  I always associate penis with urinating (pee-ing), and vulva with a Swedish automobile.  I prefer mentula and cunus, Latin words for the same.  Classy, and just as easy to pronounce.

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:10 pm

Original Quill wrote:

I dislike some of the formal English names, too.  I always associate penis with urinating, and vulva with a Swedish automobile.  I prefer mentula and cunus, Latin words for the same.  Classy, and just as easy to pronounce.

We are not talking about your nicknames at school here

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:13 pm

Thorin wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

I dislike some of the formal English names, too.  I always associate penis with urinating, and vulva with a Swedish automobile.  I prefer mentula and cunus, Latin words for the same.  Classy, and just as easy to pronounce.

We are not talking about your nicknames at school here

Razz

Laughing I don't know when I developed my aversions, whether in school or when.  But use of the Latin terms cannot be faulted for their intellectual bearing, and they are much more pleasant to the ear.

Last edited by Original Quill on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:13 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Well maybe as the so called experts can see that this confuses many children and that there is no need for parents to use such silly names, when they can use the correct terms for this. As has happened before in the past when this was never a problem. You may not see a problem, but clearly there is issue's around children being confused.

What you have to do is think outside the world of Syl and actually the far bigger picture of many children here.

Try not to make every post you now make to me personal ...ta.

As long as parents talk openly about EVERYTHING connected with their kids, I see no problem whatsoever in using words that a small child can easily grasp, and that the parent feels comfortable with.

The nanny state has a big enough hand in attempting to tell people how to bring their families up...telling parents what words to use for certain body parts is imo petty and pointless.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Original Quill wrote:

I dislike some of the formal English names, too.  I always associate penis with urinating (pee-ing), and vulva with a Swedish automobile.  I prefer mentula and cunus, Latin words for the same.  Classy, and just as easy to pronounce.

Mentula and Cunis sounds like a posh shop I bought a marble table from once. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:16 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

As long as parents talk openly about EVERYTHING connected with their kids, I see no problem whatsoever in using words that a small child can easily grasp, and that the parent feels comfortable with.

The nanny state has a big enough hand in attempting to tell people how to bring their families up...telling parents what words to use for certain body parts is imo petty and pointless.

That is not being personal but trying to show that you are looking at this only from your perception.

So stop taking any criticism as personal, when its not

The point is you are not using empathic intelligence.

Again this is not based on what you think but on how children are constantly confused and even more so if the correct words are being used at school, at the surgery or hospitals. 

This is the point you failed to grasp, this is about helping educate children through the best ways possible and making up names just confuses the matter

So how you deem to use the correct terms for the body parts a nanny state, is just plain absurd.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:21 pm

HERE ARE 8 VERY IMPORTANT REASONS WHY!

1. If a child is touched inappropriately, the child can tell a trusted adult on their Safety Network accurately, i.e. “XXXX touched me on my penis.” This has a lot more weight if the child’s accusations were to go to court.

2. If a child says to a parent or teacher, for example, “XXXX touched my cookie,” this may be discounted. If the child says, “XXXX touched my vagina,” the child will be much more likely to be listened to and taken seriously.

3. If a child says to the perpetrator, “Stop! Don’t touch my vagina!” the potential abuser knows this child is empowered with Body Safety knowledge. This child is less likely to be targeted. Also, pedophiles will be wary of the child who uses the correct names for the genitals because these are adult terms; and if the child does tell, adults will not easily dismiss the touch as “harmless fun.”

4. If your child’s starts to use “pet names,” you might question where they are hearing these, as your family uses the correct anatomical terms. This can be a red flag to grooming and abuse.

5. Using pet names with your child makes it easier for a pedophile to “off load” any complaints of inappropriate touch made by the child as just a “bit of fun” and easily dismissed by adults uneducated in Body Safety.

6. Using the correct anatomical terms helps explain to children the changes to their body as puberty kicks in. The topic can be discussed without making it into a joke or belittling its importance. Body parts such as the penis or vagina should be as “everyday” to your child as any other body part, for example, an elbow or nose.

7. If your child’s genitals are hurt or there is a medical problem, it is easier for your child to tell you and/or a health-care professional with more accuracy. For example, just recently a 7-year-old boy told both myself and the class I was teaching that he was unable to play sport because he had hurt his testicles. Not one child giggled and I was able to say with genuine concern, “No problem. I hope you feel better soon.”

8. Having pet names for your child’s private parts could inadvertently teach them that their private parts are places we shouldn’t speak about, and/or that they are “rude places.” This could, potentially, lead your child to believe that they must keep any inappropriate touch a secret.

In summary, what parents, care-givers, teachers and health-care professionals all want is to empower kids! Teaching them the correct anatomical names for the genitals is a closer step toward this outcome. There is no downside!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/8-reasons-not-to-call-your-childs-genitals-pet-names_us_58743186e4b0eb9e49bfbec3?section=us_parents

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:26 pm

Thorin wrote:Again this is not based on what you think but on how children are constantly confused and even more so if the correct words are being used at school, at the surgery or hospitals.

What is so correct about those words? I think kids learning vernacular terms and expressions promotes imagination and valuable humor as well as creativity. And the concept of synonyms is a valuable lesson in grammar, the sooner learned, the better.

I think we ought to be cautious about pouring kids into little molds, to be made into chocolate sheep later on.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:27 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:Again this is not based on what you think but on how children are constantly confused and even more so if the correct words are being used at school, at the surgery or hospitals.

What is so correct about those words?  I think kids learning vernacular terms and expressions promotes imagination and valuable humor as well as creativity.  And the concept of synonyms is a valuable lesson in grammar, the sooner learned, the better.

I think we ought to be cautious about pouring kids into little molds, to be made into chocolate sheep later on.

How about you read and understand

1. If a child is touched inappropriately, the child can tell a trusted adult on their Safety Network accurately, i.e. “XXXX touched me on my penis.” This has a lot more weight if the child’s accusations were to go to court.

2. If a child says to a parent or teacher, for example, “XXXX touched my cookie,” this may be discounted. If the child says, “XXXX touched my vagina,” the child will be much more likely to be listened to and taken seriously.

3. If a child says to the perpetrator, “Stop! Don’t touch my vagina!” the potential abuser knows this child is empowered with Body Safety knowledge. This child is less likely to be targeted. Also, pedophiles will be wary of the child who uses the correct names for the genitals because these are adult terms; and if the child does tell, adults will not easily dismiss the touch as “harmless fun.”

4. If your child’s starts to use “pet names,” you might question where they are hearing these, as your family uses the correct anatomical terms. This can be a red flag to grooming and abuse.

5. Using pet names with your child makes it easier for a pedophile to “off load” any complaints of inappropriate touch made by the child as just a “bit of fun” and easily dismissed by adults uneducated in Body Safety.

6. Using the correct anatomical terms helps explain to children the changes to their body as puberty kicks in. The topic can be discussed without making it into a joke or belittling its importance. Body parts such as the penis or vagina should be as “everyday” to your child as any other body part, for example, an elbow or nose.

7. If your child’s genitals are hurt or there is a medical problem, it is easier for your child to tell you and/or a health-care professional with more accuracy. For example, just recently a 7-year-old boy told both myself and the class I was teaching that he was unable to play sport because he had hurt his testicles. Not one child giggled and I was able to say with genuine concern, “No problem. I hope you feel better soon.”

8. Having pet names for your child’s private parts could inadvertently teach them that their private parts are places we shouldn’t speak about, and/or that they are “rude places.” This could, potentially, lead your child to believe that they must keep any inappropriate touch a secret.

In summary, what parents, care-givers, teachers and health-care professionals all want is to empower kids! Teaching them the correct anatomical names for the genitals is a closer step toward this outcome. There is no downside!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/8-reasons-not-to-call-your-childs-genitals-pet-names_us_58743186e4b0eb9e49bfbec3?section=us_parents

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:36 pm

You are obsessed with doom and catastrophe in the world.  I remember the first Take Back the Night march in Tucson so many years ago.  The speakers emphasized that the worst thing you can do is give into the rapists and terrorists by teaching children fear and loathing.

And here you are, a one-trick pony, preaching that sexual predation is or should be a child's overwhelming preoccupation.  Subordinating childhood education and development to fear is the wrong way.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:39 pm

Original Quill wrote:You are obsessed with doom and catastrophe in the world.  I remember the first Take Back the Night march in Tucson so many years ago.  The speakers emphasized that the worst thing you can do is give into the rapists and terrorists by teaching children fear and loathing.

And here you are, a one-trick pony, preaching that sexual predation is or should be a child's overwhelming preoccupation.  Subordinating childhood education and development to fear is the wrong way.

Wow, so you misdirect about me, when its not about me

I am not obsessed with doom and gloom but properly educating children and see the sense here in doing so and hence back the points raised by someone who is an expert over that of you.

Its teaching children to be prepared and to how to act against predators, by empowering the children.
Next you will be telling me we should not teach children to not talk to strangers.

As seen there is no down side here, and I would like to see you make a case for why there would even be one?

Over to you

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:51 pm

Thorin wrote:I am not obsessed with doom and gloom but properly educating children and see the sense here in doing so and hence back the points raised by someone who is an expert over that of you.

The concept you are espousing is, at early childhood development--the learning of language skills--we ought to bend childhood development to fear and loathing, and organize our vocabulary lessons around awareness of the evil all around us..  The message is that because there are rapists and terrorists out there, we should alter language skills we give our babies.

I wonder, if Shakespeare or Dickens had first learned to fear rapists and muggers, if we would even have such works as As You Like It or Oliver Twist.  The young men would be so possessed with proper words for body parts, there would be no room of a plot.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:56 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:I am not obsessed with doom and gloom but properly educating children and see the sense here in doing so and hence back the points raised by someone who is an expert over that of you.

The concept you are espousing is, at early childhood development--the learning of language skills--we ought to bend childhood development to fear and loathing, and organize our vocabulary lessons around awareness of the evil all around us..  The message is that because there are rapists and terrorists out there, we should alter language skills we give our babies.

I wonder, if Shakespeare or Dickens had first learned to fear rapists and muggers, if we would even have such works as As You Like It or Oliver Twist.  The young men would be so possessed with proper words for body parts, there would be no room of a plot.

Well considering its not all about fear and loathing but also about being able to explain what body parts are actually a medical problem. In order that those medically trained can better understand. So can the Police, the teachers, and parents alike. Having a multitude of names, can and does confuse the matter and as seen can leave a child who has been sexually assaulted not be understood.

So you failed at proving anything here other than you failed to read all 8 reasons and that you think we should not empower children to be fully in understanding of their own bodies.

We live in a day and age where children are molested and sexually assaulted, where even worse it tends to happen more so by family members. To ignore this is to ignore the problem of child abuse itself and its basically ignorant on every level.

Again this is more than just empowering children to combat abuse but also better understand their bodies, so that they can aid those help them when they are unwell. It should not be something that is even required to be called something else. This is only ever born from an embarrassment by parents themselves to correctly call something its correct name, because it is a sexual part of the body.

Like I said, your reasoning would advise children to talk to strangers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:01 pm

I implore parents and care-givers to use the correct anatomical terms for a child’s genitals.

Mini, cupcake, fireman’s hose, buddy, doughnut, muffin, doodle, wee, butterly, flower, pee-pee, fanny, doo-dad, thingy, peanut, winky, penny-loo, tuppence, doodle, dick, rah, winky-dink, hooha, pooter, sausage, cookie, girls bits, mickey, twah-lah, front bottom, willy...

As an advocate for Body Safety Education both in homes and schools, I implore parents and care-givers to use the correct anatomical terms for a child’s genitals. These terms are: VAGINA, VULVA, BREASTS, BOTTOM, PENIS, TESTICLES.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:03 pm

Educate2Empower Publishing is an international award winning niché children's book publisher who specializes in children's books on BODY SAFETY, CONSENT, GENDER EQUALITY and RESPECTFUL RELATIONSHIPS. Our books combine beautiful illustrations with key educational concepts capturing both the child's imagination as well as teaching them messages crucial to their development and safety. Educate2Empower Publishing also provides free resources for parents, carers and educators on these important topics.

“Jayneen Sanders’ books do a wonderful job of helping parents to teach their children body safety and confidence in their own intuition. It’s sometimes not easy to talk about or teach these things, but it is very necessary living in the world we do. This is where Jay comes in… with sensitivity, lightness and wisdom she opens up these important conversations and helps children better understand their feelings, their bodies, their boundaries and what being safe feels like. Jayneen is an excellent writer.”

— Maggie Dent, Parent Educato

https://e2epublishing.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:07 pm

Thorin wrote:We live in a day and age where children are molested and sexually assaulted, where even worse it tends to happen more so by family members. To ignore this is to ignore the problem of child abuse itself and its basically ignorant on every level.

But to make this so important that you shape your child's language development around fear of it, sends the wrong message. It tells your child that the world is an evil place and life is only about constantly having your guard up. Life is also about sunny days, dandelions,warm puppies and parakeets, too.

Having good defensive awareness skills is important, but not to the extend that you bend all other aspects of early childhood development to a preoccupation over it. Jeeze...making early childhood vocabulary lessons about sexual predators is a bit much.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Thorin wrote:Educate2Empower Publishing is an international award winning niché children's book publisher who specializes in children's books on BODY SAFETY, CONSENT, GENDER EQUALITY and RESPECTFUL RELATIONSHIPS. Our books combine beautiful illustrations with key educational concepts capturing both the child's imagination as well as teaching them messages crucial to their development and safety. Educate2Empower Publishing also provides free resources for parents, carers and educators on these important topics.

“Jayneen Sanders’ books do a wonderful job of helping parents to teach their children body safety and confidence in their own intuition. It’s sometimes not easy to talk about or teach these things, but it is very necessary living in the world we do. This is where Jay comes in… with sensitivity, lightness and wisdom she opens up these important conversations and helps children better understand their feelings, their bodies, their boundaries and what being safe feels like. Jayneen is an excellent writer.”

Sounds like Scientology indoctrination.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:11 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:We live in a day and age where children are molested and sexually assaulted, where even worse it tends to happen more so by family members. To ignore this is to ignore the problem of child abuse itself and its basically ignorant on every level.

But to make this so important that you shape your child's language development around fear of it, sends the wrong message.  It tells your child that the world is an evil place and life is only about constantly having your guard up.  Life is also about sunny days, dandelions,warm puppies and parakeets, too.

Having good defensive awareness skills is important, but not to the extend that you bend all other aspects of early childhood development to a preoccupation over it.  Jeeze...making early childhood vocabulary lessons about sexual predators is a bit much.

So you keep claiming, when its again not just based on the fear of actual child abuse.
So how does your reasoning work when its not based on fear?
You keep avoiding this fact?

6. Using the correct anatomical terms helps explain to children the changes to their body as puberty kicks in. The topic can be discussed without making it into a joke or belittling its importance. Body parts such as the penis or vagina should be as “everyday” to your child as any other body part, for example, an elbow or nose.

7. If your child’s genitals are hurt or there is a medical problem, it is easier for your child to tell you and/or a health-care professional with more accuracy. For example, just recently a 7-year-old boy told both myself and the class I was teaching that he was unable to play sport because he had hurt his testicles. Not one child giggled and I was able to say with genuine concern, “No problem. I hope you feel better soon.”

Again what you are doing is down right ignoring the problem of child sex abuse, as if its not a problem.
Well it is and you are offering no reasons at all to use substitute names, other than the fact its parents who make them up because they are simple to embarrassed to talk about the correct names for sexual parts. This point you avoid again.

Jee wiz the only thing poor here is that throughout you have failed to show any form of a down side to this.

I have given you multiple chances and you have continued to fail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:12 pm

Original Quill wrote:
Thorin wrote:Educate2Empower Publishing is an international award winning niché children's book publisher who specializes in children's books on BODY SAFETY, CONSENT, GENDER EQUALITY and RESPECTFUL RELATIONSHIPS. Our books combine beautiful illustrations with key educational concepts capturing both the child's imagination as well as teaching them messages crucial to their development and safety. Educate2Empower Publishing also provides free resources for parents, carers and educators on these important topics.

Sounds like Scientology indoctrination.

Really based on what?

Your disapproval of education?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:30 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

That is not being personal but trying to show that you are looking at this only from your perception.

Again this is not based on what you think but on how children are constantly confused and even more so if the correct words are being used at school, at the surgery or hospitals. 

This is the point you failed to grasp, this is about helping educate children through the best ways possible and making up names just confuses the matter

So how you deem to use the correct terms for the body parts a nanny state, is just plain absurd.

Of course its a nanny state when parents are told how to bring their kids up in trivial matters that are personal to each individual family.
For generations kids have been taught pet names for certain things....it has done them no harm whatsoever.

I remember years ago parents were told it was ridiculous to call cows 'moo cows', or sheep 'baa sheep'....that was supposed to confuse the kids too. Rolling Eyes
Every parent knows at a certain age kids will drop the moo and the baa....but when they are small it helps them.
Just as willy and wee will be dropped as they get a bit older and start to use the more grown up terms.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:34 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Of course its a nanny state when parents are told how to bring their kids up in trivial matters that are personal to each individual family.
For generations kids have been taught pet names for certain things....it has done them no harm whatsoever.

I remember years ago parents were told it was ridiculous to call cows 'moo cows', or sheep 'baa sheep'....that was supposed to confuse the kids too.  Rolling Eyes
Every parent knows at a certain age kids will drop the moo and the baa....but when they are small it helps them.
Just as willy and wee will be dropped as they get a bit older and start to use the more grown up terms.

So child sex abuse is a trivial matter to you then?

Again what this boils down to is embarrassment for parents, that they are afraid to call something what it really is. That they fear that their child might correctly use the term in public. So to claim this about how parents raise their children, when the reasoning behind the names, is based on their own embarrassment is why your reasoning falls apart. That is the only reason parents change the name, embarrassment, over something that should not even be embarrassed at all. If you normalize the correct terminology, then it ceases to be embarrassing.

What generations?

The reality is as seen there is more to this, than just your perceptions and this is empowering children which can help protect children. I suggest you take your blinkers off and see the reasons that have been put forth on this and start placing the needs of the child first here and not the embarrassed views of some parents

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:36 pm

Thorin wrote:HERE ARE 8 VERY IMPORTANT REASONS WHY!

Posted again for anyone to show me how they disagree with this?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fred Moletrousers Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:47 pm

Since when has it been the prerogative of an NHS Trust - or the Huffington Post, for that matter - to presume that it has the right to instruct parents on how to bring up their children?
Fred Moletrousers
Fred Moletrousers
MABEL, THE GREAT ZOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:48 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I remember years ago parents were told it was ridiculous to call cows 'moo cows', or sheep 'baa sheep'....that was supposed to confuse the kids too.  Rolling Eyes

So child sex abuse is a trivial matter to you then?

Not worth responding to.

Again what this boils down to is embarrassment for parents, that they are afraid to call something what it really is. That they fear that their child might correctly use the term in public. So to claim this about how parents raise their children, when the reasoning behind the names, is based on their own embarrassment is why your reasoning falls apart. That is the only reason parents change the name, embarrassment, over something that should not even be embarrassed at all. If you normalize the correct terminology, then it ceases to be embarrassing.

Nothing to do with embarrassment ...it simply makes it easy for a very young child to use and remember the word...a pet name is friendlier than a formal name when kids are small.
Next you will be saying that no pet name must be used for anything or anyone....cos its confusing
. Rolling Eyes

What generations?

The reality is as seen there is more to this, than just your perceptions and this is empowering children which can help protect children. I suggest you take your blinkers off and see the reasons that have been put forth on this and start placing the needs of the child first here and not the embarrassed views of some parents

Its not protecting children at all....that's a load of mumbo jumbo....do you really think a paedophile will run for the hills because a child uses the correct terminology and says "get off my vagina?"....ye Gods.....Ive heard it all now.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:49 pm

Fred Moletrousers wrote:Since when has it been the prerogative of an NHS Trust - or the Huffington Post, for that matter - to presume that it has the right to instruct parents on how to bring up their children?

When it matters medically.

So your beef is about the NHS wanting to better educate children.

Prey tell what is wrong with that?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:52 pm

Syl wrote:

Not worth responding to.

Nothing to do with embarrassment ...it simply makes it easy for a very young child to use and remember the word...a pet name is friendlier than a formal name when kids are small.
Next you will be saying that no pet name must be used for anything or anyone....cos its confusing
.  Rolling Eyes

Its not protecting children at all....that's a load of mumbo jumbo....do you really think a paedophile will run for the hills because a child uses the correct terminology and says "get off my vagina?"....ye Gods.....Ive heard it all now.

1) Yes it is worth responding to

2) Really, how is any easier to remember cookie over the correct names?
That is just plain absurd on every level and again this does boil down to embarrassment.
Again why else change the name?
Because parents are embarrassed to use the correct terminology

3) So mumbo jumbo, based on you not actually discounting the points raised

wow

So far not one person has offered up a valid reason to use pet names for sexual parts at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:56 pm

Surely 'winkie' and 'tuppence' are much cuter for little uns and completely harmless. I don't know what all the fuss is about.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:57 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:Surely 'winkie' and 'tuppence' are much cuter for little uns and completely harmless.   I don't know what all the fuss is about.  

That is based on your opinion.

Penis is completely harmless to use, its only parents being silly over using the correct term

Why cannot people see the sense here for the children, and not based on what they think?

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:57 pm

These kids are 2 or 3 and older, I don't think they need to know vagina at that age.

They know names as soon as they get older. Let them be kids for as long as they can.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:57 pm

Syl wrote:
Original Quill wrote:

Mentula and Cunis sounds like a posh shop I bought a marble table from once. Razz

I had a friend who actually thought Fellatio was a pizza topping.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:58 pm

magica wrote:These kids are 2 or 3 and older,  I don't think they need to know vagina at that age.

They know names as soon as they get older. Let them be kids for as long as they can.

What stops them still being kids, by knowing that their arm is an arm, that their leg is a leg, and their penis, is a penis?

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:00 pm

magica wrote:These kids are 2 or 3 and older,  I don't think they need to know vagina at that age.

Are there any kids harmed by not using the 'correct' terminology? I doubt it. Let kids be kids, I say, too. Soon enough they learn otherwise. It's entirely up to the parents what terminology they use.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:01 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

I had a friend who actually thought Fellatio was a  pizza topping.

Laughing
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:01 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:

Are there any kids harmed by not using the 'correct' terminology?    I doubt it.   Let kids be kids, I say, too.  Soon enough they learn otherwise.  It's entirely up to the parents what terminology they use.

So if they are not harmed from using the wrong terminology, what is stopping them being taught the correct ones then?

Back to top Go down

Post by magica Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:03 pm

Thorin wrote:

What stops them still being kids, by knowing that their arm is an arm, that their leg is a leg, and their penis, is a penis?

Why should they need to know that at such a young age. It's not for me. Parents should say what they want about sexual parts.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:04 pm

magica wrote:
Thorin wrote:

Why should they need to know that at such a young age. It's not for me. Parents should say what they want about sexual parts.

Why shouldn't they know?

Its again only down to parents being embarrassed at something they should never be embarrassed about.

Do you teach a child, their arm is not an arm?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:04 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

Not worth responding to.

.  Rolling Eyes

That is just plain absurd on every level and again this does boil down to embarrassment.

wow

So far not one person has offered up a valid reason to use pet names for sexual parts at all.

Yes they have, you just don't listen...and the simple fact is they obviously don't agree with the OP...and all the brow beating and the continuous posting of the same list (four times so far) doesn't seem to be changing anyone opinion Thor. Razz
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:06 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
Syl wrote:

How stupid....surely everyone knows its best on toast. Rolling Eyes
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:06 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

wow

Yes they have, you just don't listen...and the simple fact is they obviously don't agree with the OP...and all the brow beating and the continuous posting of the same list (four times so far) doesn't seem to be changing anyone opinion Thor. Razz

So its all a joke to you, wow there is a surprise, not.

I am all for different opinions and have taken them on board, but as seen none are valid reasons.

Not trying to change anyone's opinion, but reason my points

If you cannot take my criticism of poor arguments, that is your problem not mine.

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:07 pm

magica wrote:
Thorin wrote:

It's all about personal choice. I don't think there's anything wrong with very young kids having their parents use either medical terminology or cute euphemisms. It's my bet the majority of parents use the euphemisms though. Some are handed down through generation after generation. lol!
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by HoratioTarr Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:08 pm

Syl wrote:
HoratioTarr wrote:

How stupid....surely everyone knows its best on toast. Rolling Eyes

I kid you not, she was thick as a whale omelette.
HoratioTarr
HoratioTarr
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:08 pm

HoratioTarr wrote:
magica wrote:

It's all about personal choice.   I don't think there's anything wrong with very young kids having their parents use either medical terminology or cute euphemisms.   It's my bet the majority of parents use the euphemisms though.   Some are handed down through generation after generation. lol!

But it still begs the question as to why?

Are he parents doing this for the wrong reasons and not the right ones for the child?

Again I ask, what is wrong in using the correct terminology?

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:19 pm

Thorin wrote:
Syl wrote:

I am all for different opinions and have taken them on board, but as seen none are valid reasons.

If you cannot take my criticism of poor arguments, that is your problem not mine.

I do think its a bit amusing yes, because I don't think it matters.
Far more serious is the way some people think they can tell other parents how best to bring up their children...when certain things (like what names of body parts to teach a young child) are personal choice.

There is no right or wrong, to bring in a load of rubbish about paedophiles being scared off if a child uses the more adult terminology is a load of crap imo.
If there was any evidence of this I would be interested, till then, I suggest the so called 'expert' thinks of something more worthwhile to try to belittle parents with.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:25 pm

Syl wrote:
Thorin wrote:

I do think its a bit amusing yes, because I don't think it matters.
Far more serious is the way some people think they can tell other parents how best to bring up their children...when certain things (like what names of body parts  to teach a young child) are personal choice.

There is no right or wrong, to bring in a load of rubbish about paedophiles being scared off if a child uses the more adult terminology is a load of crap imo.
If there was any evidence of this I would be interested, till then, I suggest the so called 'expert' thinks of something more worthwhile to try to belittle parents with.

1) So you prove you do not care how in fact this can be beneficial to children. If you think the empowerment of children to protect them from harm is funny and amusing, then what can i say it says about you Syl.

2) Really, there is no right or wrong? How many cases have you dealt with where children have not been believed and can place any valid view point on this or cases that have been dismissed? Do you have any stats on this and how if not it is feasible or not? Or as seen are you simple rubbishing something because you only disagree?

3) How is this belittling parents? What a load of nonsense when its trying to help children and the fact you make this about parents says everything that is wrong with your counters. Again this is not about you, but children.

4) The point still stands and of which nobody has provided a reason not to use the correct terminology

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next