NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychology Explains Why You’re Always Late

2 posters

Go down

Psychology Explains Why You’re Always Late Empty Psychology Explains Why You’re Always Late

Post by Guest Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:56 pm

Always running late?

Despite your best intentions, you show up at least 10 minutes after you say you will. At least you’re dependable, right? 

Chronic lateness isn’t thoughtlessness or “bad subway luck,” it’s a personality profile, according to research. There are multiple character traits at play that contribute to a person’s repeated tardiness, including some that may not be in your control.

But that doesn’t mean your timing problem is a pattern that will last forever. If you can identify what is behind the lateness, there’s plenty you can do about it. After all, no one wants to be the person who always arrives last.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/psychology-explains-why-youre-always-late_us_58f91677e4b00fa7de1293d2?section=us_good-news

Plenty to read on the link

Back to top Go down

Psychology Explains Why You’re Always Late Empty Re: Psychology Explains Why You’re Always Late

Post by eddie Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:09 pm

Embarassed

I am scared to read it.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Psychology Explains Why You’re Always Late Empty Re: Psychology Explains Why You’re Always Late

Post by Guest Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:12 pm

eddie wrote:Embarassed

I am scared to read it.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:15 pm

You have a “Type B” personality.

Studies suggest those who are typically late tend to underestimate their time ― and personality may be to blame. Research shows that those who display Type B behavior, or the personality type that’s known for being more laid back, may have an off perception of the clock.

The study found that those who associate with the achievement-oriented “Type A” character trait were more accurate in estimating the passage of time than Type B folks. Those who were Type B in the study suspected that less time had passed than it really did when trying to measure out a minute.

“Type A individuals estimated that a minute passed in 58 seconds, compared with 77 seconds for Type B individuals,” the Wall Street Journal reported.

That's exactly it!!! I swear I have no concept of how much time passes.
eddie
eddie
King of Beards. Keeper of the Whip. Top Chef. BEES!!!!!! Mushroom muncher. Spider aficionado!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:17 pm

You have a “Type B” personality.

Studies suggest those who are typically late tend to underestimate their time ― and personality may be to blame. Research shows that those who display Type B behavior, or the personality type that’s known for being more laid back, may have an off perception of the clock.

The study found that those who associate with the achievement-oriented “Type A” character trait were more accurate in estimating the passage of time than Type B folks. Those who were Type B in the study suspected that less time had passed than it really did when trying to measure out a minute.

“Type A individuals estimated that a minute passed in 58 seconds, compared with 77 seconds for Type B individuals,” the Wall Street Journal reported.

That's exactly it!!! I swear I have no concept of how much time passes.

There you go, when next late you can blame "type B Personality"

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by eddie Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:45 pm

Yep. A ready-made excuse. I owe you one. Wink
eddie
eddie

Back to top Go down

Post by nicko Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:45 pm

Never been late for any appointment in my life, in fact I am always early.

Many times i'v sat in my car for ages waiting for the appointed time.
nicko
nicko
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:47 pm

nicko wrote:Never been late for any appointment in my life,   in fact I am always early.

Many times i'v sat in my car for ages waiting for the appointed time.

Most army personnel I know are never late Nicko, its regimented into them.

Which certainly shows how well the army does train people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down