NewsFix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I did everything he did, and I did it backwards and in heels.

4 posters

Go down

I did everything he did, and  I did it backwards and in heels. Empty I did everything he did, and I did it backwards and in heels.

Post by Syl Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:55 pm

A quote attributed to Ginger Rogers about her dancing partner Fred Astaire. Cool

Another of his dancing partners, the lesser Known American actress and dancer Barry Chase has been doing interviews this week about what it was like dancing with possibly the best film dancer and choreographer of all time.

Gene Kelly, Josephene Baker, Patrick Swayzee, Micheal Jackson, John Travolta, so many great dancers in films....The Cotton club had some great dance scenes.

Do any dancers in films or shows stand out for you?
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

I did everything he did, and  I did it backwards and in heels. Empty Re: I did everything he did, and I did it backwards and in heels.

Post by magica Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:25 pm

Gene Kelly was brilliant dancer had natural rhythm, as did Fred Astaire, Swayzee (loved him), Travolta and Jackson.

Sammy Davis Jnr was a good dancer too, and in his day so was Bruce Forsyth, he could tap dance brilliantly.
magica
magica
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

I did everything he did, and  I did it backwards and in heels. Empty Re: I did everything he did, and I did it backwards and in heels.

Post by JulesV Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:57 pm

@ Title. I have often quoted this very expression. It is the equivalent of saying women can do everything that men can, whilst  blindfolded, with one hand tied behind our back ...... which is generally true! Razz  

(I suppose I will be branded sexist and old fashioned again now.)  Laughing

JulesV
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Original Quill Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Jules wrote:@ Title. I have often quoted this very expression. It is the equivalent of saying women can do everything that men can, whilst  blindfolded, with one hand tied behind our back ...... which is generally true! Razz  

(I suppose I will be branded sexist and old fashioned again now.)  Laughing

Not at all...would you like to dance?

I did everything he did, and  I did it backwards and in heels. Salsa

I loved to dance before my knees gave out. And I am impressed by women...it's more difficult to follow than lead.

Original Quill
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Syl Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:37 pm

They don't make dance musical films like they used to.

Gene Kelly, Fred and Ginger, Cyd Cherise, Lesley Caron.....stars of the big colourful musicals were brilliant.

West side story, Oklahoma, South Pacific...then the more modern Dirty dancing, Saturday night fever, The Cotton club were all brilliant films with extravagant dance numbers.

Recently there has only been La la land, and I have heard such bad reports I haven't even seen it.
Syl
Syl
Forum Detective ????‍♀️

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down